Looks Linux is bad for security AND privacy

Wew who would have thought, right?
But Daniel Micay, a well known security expert, shows that Linux really sucks at those and that open sauce is only a meme:

>old.reddit.com/r/GrapheneOS/comments/bddq5u/os_security_ios_vs_grapheneos_vs_stock_android/ekydf49/

And the best thing is that Micay isn't a "literally who?" in the Linux world, but is a trusted user for Arch and developed several security tools for it.
>wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
>wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Security#Memory
>github.com/thestinger/termite
>gist.github.com/thestinger/e4bb344dcc545d2ee00dcc22fd886f29

Attached: hackerman.jpg (580x435, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/GrapheneOS/comments/bddq5u/os_security_ios_vs_grapheneos_vs_stock_android/ekxszj1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eat shit

>talks about Linux
>posts reddit link about Android
>"trusted Arch user"
>"Arch security"

Attached: trashman.jpg (650x429, 171K)

So is this a shill for Arch, or should we just go back to seeking refuge under big corp?

>op

Attached: autism.jpg (320x240, 20K)

>Linux shills getting triggered immediatelly
Lel but you should at least read what he says.
And I trust him more some autists on a mongolian horseback archery forum.
Nah it's a shill for QubeOS

his first piece of evidence categorically lumps Android in with Linux - if you trust him you're worse than him. He's just trolling, but you're stupid.

>his first piece of evidence categorically lumps Android in with Linux
He hardly talks about Android from the point of the conversation that I've linked.
Besides, doesn't Android use the Linux kernel, which he critizes so much? ;)

you're just being dumb on purpose at this point, but I'll leave you with this to remind you of the difference.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Then quote the shit where he falsely lumps together Android and Linux.
The only one who is being dumb on pupose is you, faggot.

> Linux really sucks
>/os_security_ios_vs_grapheneos_vs_stock_android/
it's even in the title dumb nigger.

old.reddit.com/r/GrapheneOS/comments/bddq5u/os_security_ios_vs_grapheneos_vs_stock_android/ekxszj1/
Well he addresses this before, but I thought that wouldn't be necessary to include since I wanted to focus this thread on Linux and not on Android.

>Stop your users from using your OS how they want
>Prevent stupid people from doing stupid things
>Hahahhah look how insecure Android is compared to iOS

This guy puts his foot in his mouth pretty frequently. Check out his Twitter.

Go back to red dit you faggot. Sandboxing is uneeded when you don't install proprietary malwar onto your system.

>OS for the masses
>Get critisized for not allowing users to do everything since obviously most aren't tech savy at all
Wew Apple must have been really stupid to not listen to all the autistic freetards.
That still doesn't diminish his knowledge on the topic.

Install Gentoo.

Attached: 1551256460639.png (766x508, 258K)

android isnt linux its android

Wait. Please tell me there's some kind of joke here? There aren't people that actually think that "off the shelf" Linux distros are somehow safe and private, are there? I mean, this has to be a meme. Anyone that honestly thinks they're safe just because of the OS they use deserves exactly what the fuck they get.

What's the difference?

Read the discussion.
>There aren't people that actually think that "off the shelf" Linux distros are somehow safe and private
But aren't they marketed as such? Anyway, according to -Micay, GNU/Linux sucks ass in security and the Linux kernel should be entirely rebuild because literally that bad from an security aspect.

>That still doesn't diminish his knowledge on the topic.
Appeals to authority are a logical fallacy and are especially ineffective when no one has heard of the supposed authority. Fuck off retard.

Wow, you must be really lonely to try this hard. I'd feel bad for not at least giving you a (You).

>believes himself to be smart
>is actually retarded and does not even know what the fuck he is talking about

You should neck yourself

i think it boils down to attribution, and how when its convenient to put linux down, suddenly android is linux, the rest of the time its just android.

But Android is Linux. Am I wrong for always have thought that Android is a Linux distribution?

>Appeals to authority are a logical fallacy
Same as the logic "proprietary therefore it must be botnet" is? Because that's most used argument from Linux shills.
And who would you rather listen to, autistic Jow Forumstards, most of whom don't know shit about security?
>and are especially ineffective when no one has heard of the supposed authority
And yet people have heard from him

android uses a linux kernel would be correct

saying android is linux is saying android (the entire operating system) is linux (the kernel) and that is not correct

hope this helps

linux powers android and without linux android is not possible

android does not power linux and without android linux still very much exists

So it's as Linux as any Linux distribution.

whats a linux distribution?

Literally who?
So... Install niggerfaggotry onto my device? No, thank you

Kys niggerfaggot, bait and Niggerfaggotpilled

Attached: IMG_20190523_224747.jpg (750x734, 80K)

Something like Android, Gentoo, debian, and Ubuntu.
What's a computer?

Who says he's more trustworthy? Maybe one of us on this Nigerian professional mini-golf player board is also a professional Arch user and knows buzzwords too.
Memes aside, a tl;dr? All I see is him shilling QubesOS

why call it a linux distribution if it also distributes other software?

lol Qubes runs linux

I didn't coin the name, and it's probably considered a distribution of Linux since the kernel ties all the different distributions together as a similarity.
Like how Gentoo, and Alpine are considered Linux distributions, because they both use the Linux kernel.

Wasn't Android Linux originally based on arch, or crunchbang?

presumably there is other software that is common to both, im thinking of say vi or ed the standard editor. why not also list vi (and ed)

I use nano.

Most newfags think that Android isn't, and has no connection to Linux.

>Who says he's more trustworthy? Maybe one of us on this Nigerian professional mini-golf player board is also a professional Arch user and knows buzzwords too.
True, maybe there even is someone here to counter his points and create a good discussion on the topic.
But let's be honest, most aren't and Micay is more trustworthy than the Linux hivemind here.
But yeah, i'd be really interested to hear someone counter his points.

i think theres some software common to all so-claled "linux distributions" that isnt linux so why not give that software credit too

Jesus...is there anything that is secure?? Looks like God's covenant (640x480 and no network) is the only way possible.

But then clang.

>my proposition is that out of fairness, and since linux can only be compiled with gcc, we add the tagline (compiled with gcc) to every so-called linux distribution

gentoo linux (compiled with gcc)
alpine linux (compiled with gcc)
and so on

>fair is fair?
Why do you delete your own posts?

the clang compile will get you linux 4.something

because i had a change of heart

Oh I see, he's shilling GrapheneOS.

>the clang compile will get you linux 4.something
Show me.

no

>because i had a change of heart
Which was?

Yes linux is a broken mess of legacy code and hacks. Anyone who thinks it is secure for any reason other than obscurity is a fool.

Well security isn't what Linus focuses on. He cares more about performance, or at least that's what the bsd, and security teams claim.

>a change of heart is when you realize something is wrong about what you have (in this case) said and you act accordingly (in this case by rescinding my comment)

>it occured to me that alpine linux may compile its kernel with clang not gcc as it uses an older kernel

Did you have another change of heart?

Why not?

yeah i referred to "alpine" as a linux distribution without proof :)

>security doesn't matter!

>open sores fag confirms windows 10 is more secure
I knew it all along, come home bros.

But Alpine Linux is a Linux distribution. They claim, so themselves.

Security does matter, but Theo de raadt, and other people claim that Linus only cares about performance.

>Windows is better than GNU/Linux in terms of security on the Desktop
>Telemetry of literally everything you do in Windows sent directly to Microsoft HQ along with every TLA that has the keys to their castle
If you insist. I don't know what you expect me to do about it, though.

Attached: 1538428382640.jpg (492x491, 38K)

freebsd masterrace.