How's the 5700 xt on linux?

How's the 5700 xt on linux?
is it plug and play yet or do I have to compile stuff from source still

Attached: title.jpg (670x350, 80K)

used 2070 or partner 5700xt? i have a freesync that works w gsync...

Are they the same price? If so 5700XT.

idk though, my psu is 550 watts. 2070 takes less pins and i can screw around with rtx. i do like the radeon image sharpening tho.

5700xt only pulls like 210 watts or something around that
you should be fine

>only 210 watts
I hate this generation. I dont want to buy cards beyond 180w. Thus why i have this shitty rtx 2060

yo I just want to know if the 5700xt is working on linux. I'll go team green if I have to but the 5700xt seems like the better buy

Yes, it works. AMDGPU is built into the kernel now so you shouldn't even have to install any additional drivers

When did they do that?

Brah most gpu's are overvolted though.

Bruh thats only vega

my psu is 500w and has 2x8 pcie.
what's your point?

it's a kernel module, so depends on if/when your distro uses it by default

5700XT pulls 180w.

>arbitrary limit to justify status quo

>I hate this generation. I dont want to buy cards beyond 180w
there is only two midrange cards in whole gpu history that are under 180w since 2007
everything else is at least 200w

probably fine, AMD has historically worked better on linux thanks to the open source drivers

It has been 95f for months here there is am finite limit on how hot i want my room to be

Shut up dumb nigger my 970 was 145w and 1070 was 150. No excuse for 220w misrange cards

>95f in room
Get an air conditioner dumb shit.

Outside you dumb monkey. Everyone has ac here or you would die

When will the AIB cards be available in Canada?

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-062749_Firefox.jpg (1080x1467, 391K)

>AMD has historically worked better on linux thanks to the open source drivers

AMD uses binary blobs, nouveau with reverse engineered firmware and Intel are the free drivers on Linux.

AMD has been historically and still is horse shit on Linux, shit doesn't crash on Intel and Nvidia.

It doesn't have out of the box support yet but it's still the better buy if you can wait a month or so for Linux 5.3 and Mesa 19.2 to land.

I've used both and in my experience AMDGPU has been much better than nvidia's proprietary drivers (nouveau never gave me trouble either)

Would it be incorrect to say that....

It has no drivers? (yet)

>nouveau never gave me trouble either

Attached: coolface.png (5000x4068, 861K)

Limiting yourself by 30W is irrational. Compared to your overall system draw, it probably amounts to less than 10% more. If you include other things consuming power and producing heat in the room your PC is in, it's probably even less.

I could understand if you were talking about a 100W difference or something like that, but 30W is nonsense.

I'm serious. The proprietary nvidia drivers will occasionally fuck up on a kernel update, but uninstalling and reinstalling them usually fixes it

Namefagging retard. Nouveau works like shit on cards made in the last 5 years due to forced signed firmware blobs, and Intel has firmware blobs too for the last couple gens, though at least the driver itself is open source.

Enjoy your librebooted 2013 opteron and 780 ti though I guess

Nouveau is not the proprietary driver. It doesn't support reclocking on modern cards, making integrated unironically faster in most cases.

The proprietary driver is okay, if you are fine with buggy WMs and horrible Wayland support, but it plays games fine.

>The proprietary driver is okay
No shit that's why nobody uses the free drivers, its always okay.
fyi I have zero issues using proprietary software, I take issue with dumbfucks spreading FUD about AMD having free drivers or lmfao... a good history on Linux.

You run your computer outside in the heat/dust? Are you a retard?

I understand that nouveau is not the proprietary driver -- that's my point. While nouveau's performance is pretty shitty, I never had bugs or glitches with it

AMDGPU is good (and open source). Fglrx was awful though

Attached: 1469385070627.png (500x355, 63K)

The sharpening filter is now available for reshade, and has a negligible performance impact.

We can't do hardware reset properly with RADEON for years.
This can't be a problem for many users but it's shit as hell for users
who maintain virtual PCs such as KVM.

Because of the problem, such users can't adopt Radeon no matter how good it is.
At least there is the problem up to VEGA. (not sure about NAVI)

I really wonder why AMD hasn't solved the problem for years.

As long as the problem exists, nVidia is the only way we can go.