Red pill me on Alpine Linux

Red pill me on Alpine Linux.
Is it worth running on an old c2d think pad, or is it shit for daily use?

Attached: yamada1.jpg (956x1080, 85K)

Live boot it and find out

where the fuck do you retards find these wacky distros?

>Alpine
>wacky
it's probably the most popular distro in the server space right now, all thanks to Docker

powered my laptop, desktop and three servers for the past 3-4 years, the only distro that hasn't killed itself in less than one year
it's good if you want something boring that works forever, but consider supplementing with a chroot for software that hasn't been packaged for it (hugin, non-esr Firefox)

Alpine is good for (and in fact designed for) minimal docker images and not much else

Give it a try, I'm curious. It should be perfect for an old shitter like that, and it seems pretty easy to get XFCE running. Unfortunately the dual boot instructions are useless, so you'll have to go all in.

try tinycore linux.

alpine is the most installed linux distro, like says.

only supporting musl instead of glibc means a lot of things are going to be broken unless you manually link them

I'm only worried, because of software compiling, and dependencies, because of busy box, and musl.
Ermm... I guess I should check the repo then. Still wanted to hear about anons opinions from a daily use perspective though.

Attached: mpv-shot0008.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Install Slackware

Alpine is a good choice for old hardware because it has Musl libc. This breaks compatibility with binary-distributed software like Steam but it's faster and uses less RAM.

Alpine also has a pretty decent package repository.

Attached: sdm_rave.gif (266x176, 2.91M)

>for daily use
seriously, just do an Ubuntu minimal install with either lxde or the wm of your choice

Its designed to embedded systems
Why would you use it as a desktop?

>Ubuntu
To be honest I'd rather just use Windows instead of systemd distros.

y the systemd hate?

>I'd rather just use Windows instead of systems distros
so you only use Linux because you think it sounds cool to use le epic hackerman meme distros? systemd and Ubuntu are both objectively good

>so you only use Linux because you think it sounds cool to use le epic hackerman meme distros?
Nah. I stopped using Linux when they adopted systemd. With systemd I'm better off using Windows 10 desu.
>systemd and Ubuntu are both objectively good
Systemd is shit, and I was never a fan of Ubuntu bloat, kernel panics, and ppa stuff. To each their own though. Enjoy your freedums with Ubuntu, and I'll play games, and use Photoshop.

Well to be clear
>stopped using Linux as main desktop
I still always used Linux, or bsd on my shit tops, rpis, servers, other systems, and miscellaneous projects.
I never really got into Ubuntu, because mxlinux was always better, and I don't have a hole in head.
Now I'm interested in using Alpine Linux for a shit top, and just interested in anons who have used it opinions on it.
You haven't used it, and you only use Ubuntu, so your opinion is unwarranted, and discarded. You fucking pleb.

You haven't even given a single reason why systemd is bad.

A
U
T
I
S
M

are you fucking retarded?
Ubuntu is obviously the most used one on docker

>it's bloated, doesn't follow the universe philosphy, broken, insecure, and too big to audit, so I might as well use Windows as my main desktop OS you retarded faggot.

just use xubuntu, don't be autistic

Nice b8.

Shouldn't you be deleting your stupid comments after you post them?

>>it's bloated, doesn't follow the universe philosophy, broken (nope) , insecure (nope. it has full industry support, so constantly being tested, improved, and patched, and too big to audit (see previous), so I might as well use a bloated, insecure, and impossibly to audit operating system where everything doesn't follow UNIX philosophy

Attached: 2bc.png (680x850, 607K)

>Sauce, and walk me through that time you audited systemd.

You're shit singles should
See
trips of truth

Attached: 1564938447299.webm (512x320, 2.88M)

wtf

this

sauce on what? and I doubt you've personally audited openrc or whatever other meme init system you think gives you the biggest e-peen

It's redpill me you idiot.

Sauce on your claims, and your audit of systemd.
>Much I doubt
Keep doubting, but give me the sauce on your shitty claims gayboi.

>attemp to no u when btfod for being a brainlet

>Bloated, and insecure with shitty software
Vs
>Bloated, works fine, and software support
Choice isn't hard poetering.

already knew this would turn into a systemd shitflinging thread. the init is shit but let the people who don't care use it. you're using the better software which is all that matters

The people who are suggesting systemd should just fuck off the thread since it's not related to Alpine Linux.
If those faggots want to argue about it then they should go to the existing thread with systemd as a topic.

this entire board has been incredibly painful to deal with lately. expect any thread to get derailed by retards arguing over nothing