Mini-ITX

Saw a mini itx thread but couldn't respond. Could we have another mini itx thread?

What did you build/working on and how do you like it so far?

Pic related my machine.

Attached: 8BF85DFF-7BD3-416A-AC45-18561842BF43.jpg (1242x925, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/RCBzbX
cryptobriefing.com/monero-new-mining-algorithm/
pcpartpicker.com/list/nddb4q
pcpartpicker.com/list/ggjnkd
youtube.com/watch?v=cKWsOmCzSsw
guru3d.com/news-story/thermaltake-accused-of-plagiarizing-designs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what case? looks comfy

In win A1 plus
pcpartpicker.com/list/RCBzbX

Attached: 69CA558E-1047-4898-8C01-FCABA24C235E.jpg (1242x933, 1.04M)

Raijintek Metis Plus. Have had it for about a year and a half, pretty happy with it.

Attached: PC.jpg (3000x3000, 1006K)

A lot of empty space, but thermals were great. I've switched out the GPU heatsink with Accelero 3, gets a bit toasty running fanless now, need to mount fans outside or something.

Attached: IMG_20181107_211718-01.jpg (2000x1494, 1.18M)

Been contemplating buying into an mITX build, but I'm a poorfag, so it's a matter of trickling in parts from sales as a side-project, really.
Bought a Thermaltake Core V1 for just over $25 AUD, so hopefully I can find a B450 mITX board for reasonably cheap soon.

This is like v6 of my "just nail it to the wall" server

Attached: DSC_0050-1.jpg (1200x1601, 355K)

Attached: 20190408_193053.jpg (3264x2448, 3.29M)

Why is Dan A4 never in stock?
Does it actually exist outside Kickstarter?

Im contemplating doing something lole this. did you use a certain kind of spacer to attach the stuff or just random hardware from around the house

I don't really do anything productive with my computer, so realistically downgrading/downsizing wouldn't be overly problematic.
How autistic would it be to sell most of my shit off, get a tiny as fuck case, slap in an mITX mobo, Ryzen 3400G, 16GB ~3200+, an M.2 SSD, and call it a day?

These bolts for D-sub connectors. They have a longer thread than standard M3 spacers, so they hold really well in the particle board and you don't need glue. Plus some metal angle pieces from a toy construction set for the hard drive and PSU.

Attached: 10Sets-5-7mm-Header-Plate-Bracket-Stud-Bolt-Nut-Nuts-Screw-D-Sub-VGA-DB9-DB15.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 44K)

Can we talk about how the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 would be the most perfect mITX board out there if it weren't for all the shit cluttering the space where the memory traces are causing god tier RAM sticks to become meh tier RAM sticks?

Attached: c2f.png (667x670, 430K)

Ignorant fool here. Are the temps difficult to handle on a Mini-ITX? What are the possible disadvantages?

Temperature handling depends on the case and fans, not on how long the mainboard is.

Just get a B450 bro
Looking good
Whoa
Look for a case with decent airflow and don't skimp out on the number of fans

v1 for comparison

>back when VIA was the only low power CPU around

Attached: 02.jpg (1152x864, 293K)

I want to go smaller.

Attached: intel-hades-canyon-nuc-5-640x640.jpg (640x427, 56K)

You can't go smaller than that if you want a semi-capable GPU. Hades Canyon is already pushing it in terms of thermals.

I'd be fine with a good workstation gpu for what I do. Emphasis on good so most of them fall short.

my next build will be miniITX, I'd consider a NUC but I want to reuse existing storage

What the power supply scheme there? 12V PSU and other voltages from the white thing?

I can't go mini-itx because I need two graphics cards (one shitty, for passthrough) and one USB card (again for passthrough)

Now I could buy intel and use the iGPU for passthrough but I'm not retarded enough to buy intel at this and age

I built a Mini ITX in a SS ML08, but I melted my 1060 because it's a fanless case and I didn't speed up the GPU fans to compensate. It sucks to be a brainlet.

The only thing stopping me from going mITX are IGP's.
If there were an RX 570+ tier IGP, I'd give this computer to a friend or something, and just transfer entirely over to that.
I'm really hoping they incorporate Navi integrated graphics into Zen3, or otherwise have a break-through with their Vega iGP where it's noticeably better performing than current IGP.

I have a lot of unused new Via Mini ITX boards. What should I do with them? I have no idea.

Attached: IMG_20190629_085036.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

What board is that, user?

Make a cluster. I heard that Monero is rolling out updates that will make CPU mining economically effective real soon.

A board that apparently uses soldered chips for memory.

sauce? also checked

I need to know the model name of this board.
Unless it's x86, that is.

cryptobriefing.com/monero-new-mining-algorithm/
Also, a very trusted friend who develops software around Monero told me it's actually gonna be p.gud, maybe even worth buying a ThreadRipper for if the electricity prices are right.

Now that I think of it, why tf nobody makes TR4 uITX boards? I want a comfy portable mining station I can hide in the closet at work.

Looks like some kind of devkit on a mATX-sized breakout. Also looks old (3*PCIe*16 + PCI, VGA + COM, full-size SD as boot drive)

>cogent mpc8536e
Let me guess: There are none of these left because all the amiga furfags have hoarded them en masse.

>mini-itx-minus
>modular and small PSU
>low profile CPU cooler
>1/4 m cable that goes to to external GPU stand
>GPU stand has IO

My Dream setup, having GPU on your desk, with a very minimal case and when i say minimal i mean none at all if possible just the base so it can stand, the cables would be just a big BUS cable but rather than being flat its round, never seen a cable that has 50+ plus wires do.

If IGP’s were any good why would you stop at mITX? I’d be going for a miniSTX.

cogent csb1880 and csb1801. powerpcspe, not well supported. no onboard firmware, requires SD card. I think its 1.25GHz. its a project

Thanks, user!

Good idea, I'll look into it.

Also, where did you get the board, and what case is that? Thanks.

Found this thing on taobao. Uses a brick instead of SFX PSU.

Would totally try and get one if I actually had a use for it.

Attached: O1CN01fWHmLu1NqSWFp6iG6_!!0-rate.jpg (1125x2000, 341K)

Unfortunately it appears the seller transitioned to a version with a lot more holes instead of the vega design

Attached: O1CN01AkEbB62BJEaa8URAO_!!4209658317.jpg (750x750, 295K)

You can do this with a NUC and TB3 external GPU enclosure right now.
But the GPU and everything else connected to its breakout would be limited to total of 4*PCIe 3 lanes. And you'd have to deal with GPU being loud in a smol box on your table. This on top of NUC itself using SO-DIMM memory and running fans full blast all the time despite using an ultrabook-gimped mobile CPU.

Meanwhile, you can have a x570-based mITX board running up to Zen2 R9, up to 32 GiB of fast, non-gimped memory, any GPU you want on 16*PCIe 4 and, with a good case and some ingenuity, cool it all with 2-4 140mm fans running whisper-slow. All this for a small absolute gain in footprint.

board came from ebay, electronics surplus place, was only like $80

case is tj06, its temporary for that board probably

Attached: IMG_20190526_191956.jpg (2448x3264, 1.27M)

512 MB ECC soldered

Thanks a lot.

>you can do it right now
>proceeds to explain why you cant do it right now
you rushed your answer, those cases use Thunderbolt connections, sending data from parallel to serial basically a bottle neck by design jus so normies don't fuck it up.

I just want to use a pcie riser but rather than being a bus its a regular cable. I could use those long extensions but they are fucking ugly.

Built mine in a geeek A60 cause it was only £100 but I got hit with nearly £30 import duties. It was between that and the raijentek ophion Evo and I thought I was saving 30 notes.
Still I've the case though.
R5 1600 @3.75ghz
B450 aorus mobo
5700xt
8gb 3200mhz ram
650w SFX PSU.
Lovely little machine and I'm think a Kraken G12 to quieten down the 5700xt next

Attached: IMG_20190730_095835.jpg (3648x2736, 1.74M)

Rear side

Attached: IMG_20190730_100523.jpg (3648x2736, 2.1M)

Man I had an old via 1ghz single core in the boot of my car running off a 4gb compact flash to ide convertor and a 3.5 inch drive to store music on
That shit was awsome

Cool rig. I would've went with double-size radiator AIO and NVMe storage just for the heat&noise efficiency, but reference XT's blower would still be the loudest thing in this case by far when it gets up to temp, so no diff really.

Yep, the GPU is as loud on idle as the cou is on full chat.
I'm thinking a Kraken G12 adapter and another 120mm aio should solve it.
The mounting holes won't line up for the second rad but the case is only plexiglass so I can drill it.
I looked into the alphacool eisbaer 240 rad and pump then a water lock over the GPU but I don't think the pump is man enough to do CPU and GPU so I'd have to buy the alphacool GPU thing with a built in pump and I've not heard good things about them

At this point, you're better off building a custom loop with CPU+VRM monoblock, high-coverage GPU waterblock and EXXTRA THICC 240mm rad on top, and probably another rad in the front. Way less moving parts, way more water moving around.

I'd love to but I think my wife would be pissed off at the extra cost.
If I knew anything about custom loop cooling I'd go for it but I can't help but think a 13ish litre case isn't the one to learn in

I kinda like how Mini-ITX looks, but I already had trouble setting up my ATX build in a normal sized case.

Attached: 1437198875093.png (213x233, 74K)

Reply to this post with the most beautiful Mini-ITX cases you know

Damn, is that the D15S or the regular D15? That's a tight fit.

Just do it, love having mine just sat on my desk away from my toddler

What's that motherboard from?

Sure they're like 10W a piece, but they're slow as molasses, so I doubt they can mine enough to cover the energy costs.

Mine was an even older 600 MHz one. It probably still works, but there isn't much I can do with a board that's one third the speed of a first-gen Atom and takes like 256MB of RAM at most.

Asus N3050T

>why tf nobody makes TR4 uITX boards?

Because the socket is too big. Here's a mockup someone made, but they only managed to fit 2 memory slots, so even if it existed, you'd be losing half the memory bandwidth.

Attached: jxwrhwnrmpq11.jpg (1280x1198, 525K)

I have an old as fuck shitty full-size build, as per the link. Could I salvage any of it for a mini build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/nddb4q

12V PSU and nothing else. The Thin ITX board takes 12-19V and has its own converter for HDD power, and the switch and the wireless AP (it's a few meters away, powered through the white cable on top left) are both 12V as well.
The white thing is just a piece of cable duct to hide the mess of cables.

You can swap the board for an ITX one and stick the rest in one of the bulkier ITX cases like Node 304 that accept hueg GPUs (but make sure it actually fits and doesn't interfere with PSU/cables/drive cages). You'll lose Wi-Fi because there's only one PCIe slot.

i know it's legitimately inferior to use wifi but is there a way to keep it?

Yep, everything but the mobo should be still usable. I'd go for a sg13 or something

Usb WiFi adaptor?

USB adapter?

I looked up his GPU and it's 280mm long, it won't fit in a SG13. It might fit in a Node 304, but the PSU cables will be a very tight fit.

Or an ITX mobo with built-in Wi-Fi or a mPCIe/M.2 E-key slot to install your own card.

I have the amd special edition one. I don't think there's any differences from the normal nh-d15 other than the am4 mounting bracket.

I didn't get to answer some questions last thread:
>why 7700T and RX 560 with a 1000w psu
An user said I couldn't fit the 1000x in there, so I bought one and put it in there, I think it looks really nice too
>literally why just in general
I made it for my mom for Mother's Day, she wanted a small and quiet pc to relearn how to use a computer in general, she last used a desktop before this in the early XP days but was tech literate then, needed to relearn now
I also got her a corsair K70 rapidfire mk2 since she wanted mechanical keys and that one felt best to her when she tried it
>temps
CPU is basically ambient under load, gpu hits 60c

Airflow comes in through the back and exhausts out the bottom with the psu, this isn't a metis plus so there's no vent on top

Attached: 6C16BE1F-A3F3-470F-9D04-CF4737A81FA7-3866-00001118DFD46305.jpg (4032x3024, 792K)

Check out the ASRock EPC621D4I-2M. They moved to SODIMM slots, so that took up less space. It would be possible in theory to have an ITX board with 4 RAM slots.

Attached: ASRock-Rack-EPC621D4I-2M-Top.jpg (800x839, 352K)

>1000W PSU at 15% power at most
Well, you sure showed that user who said it won't fit, but you wasted your money.

Also does your mom play enough 3D vidya to warrant a 100W dGPU?

Look how much connectivity they had to sacrifice, though, and TR4 is slightly bigger still. I'm not sure there's enough weirdos to warrant the R&D.

Fair point, I didn't do my homework with the GPU size.
If this was Reddit I'd upvote you

That's true, I agree

>itx builds since being memed in 2012 with the bitphoenix case
Ama

pcpartpicker.com/list/ggjnkd

Opinion? Will this be good just for gaming?

whats the point of having all those I/O soldered into the main board, just use other PCB at that point.

SG13 has the power supply above the board and requires a very low cooler, the stock Ryzen cooler likely won't fit.
Also, the GPU is exactly the maximum length for the case, if one of the measurements is a millimeter off, it will be painful.

Other than that, an OK build, might go for a cheaper board if you don't need 2xM.2 though

what's a good tower then? looking for something cheaper.

I can't recall cheap cases that take tall coolers from the top of my head, but if you want cheaper, Cooler Master makes a case with the same construction (but same restrictions too) as SG13.

if you can find a z68 itx board for a reasonable price then an elite 130 should fit everything.
looks good
the wraith stealth that comes with the 3600 is well within the ATX PSU clearance, it's the wraith spire that requires an sfx psu to fit. Also the hard limit on gpu length for the sg13 is actually 280mm, picrelated.

Attached: sg13b gpu cutout.jpg (3000x2002, 2.86M)

so i should be good with the sizing of the everything?

Looks like it

You know, with ultra SFF mITX cases being all the rage with enthusiasts, it's a small wonder other mainstream manufacturers haven't picked up on it.

I would love to do a DAN case build, without the DAN prices.

yeah, i wish thermaltake or silverstone would make a $50 steel sandwich style case like the dancase/ghost s1. I'm tempted to get one of the geeek cases but $100+ for acrylic is pretty steep.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKWsOmCzSsw

Attached: ftw3.jpg (960x808, 136K)

Replace THermaltake with Fractal Design, and you're golden

Never was a fan of TThermaltake, but absolutely refuse to purchase their cases after they were caught unabashedly copying other company's cases.
>Small company creates a new, innovative design
>One of Thermaltakes employees starts chatting them up at some conference
>Next thing you know, they come out with a nearly identical case at a lower prices and cheaper parts and poor QC

Can I do anything comfy with a i5-3570 and RX480, or will anything I try run too hot?

For your reading pleasure
guru3d.com/news-story/thermaltake-accused-of-plagiarizing-designs.html

That's exactly what i want though, a cheap/sturdy carbon copy of a dancase for a 5th of the price. I'd appreciate an FD alternative but i don't see something like that going below node 202 MSRP.

USB WiFi > PCIe/on-board WiFi

Are there any M2 capable mainboards for this?

doesnt hurt to have a good quality psu, it was 120$ at best buy, thats about double what i'd end up paying for any other gold rated psu
this one runs passive too, thats a plus

she does actually, she likes the Sims 4 and has just about every flavor of the month top down builder tycoon game out there
shes recently been playing Another Brick in the Mall and the i7 is actually having some problems with her giant ass mall, i may need to get her a 7700K and oc the fuck out of it

the gpu was also for the lack of igp, its an i7 7700T engineering sample, no integrated graphics

Many, most modern high end mini itx boards will have nvme and m.2 on the back of the board
my evga z270 stinger for example has an nvme slot on the back

Why? They're more or less the same, except it's harder to find 2x2 USB adapters.

the elite 130 is a great choice for this, it takes up to 300-ish millimeter gpus i think? i had a gigabyte windforce g1 gaming 970 inside of one for a while with room to spare
an intel slim stock cooler is ok, a 120mm AIO is the best cooling option though

Check out this guy's list that board has two M.2

I had an Elite 130, it's a decent case, but if you don't need the 5" bay and have a bit of extra money, Node 304 is the same size, but without CPU cooler height restriction.

Salvo s401
C7cu with 120mm noctua (too lazy to print a bracket) and 90degree rotated bracket so fins are vertical
Gigabyte I pro Wi-Fi
3700x, 16gb ecc
980ti meme edition

Temps and noise are good but I'm at the limit for heat, can pbo/autooc but it gets up to 80s in prime so I just leave it stock.

Attached: IMG_20190725_201740.jpg (2917x3189, 1.81M)