Why do phone manufacturers insist on bloating their Android devices with useless software that's just a worse version...

Why do phone manufacturers insist on bloating their Android devices with useless software that's just a worse version of its Google alternative when they could be making real improvements to the device?

Attached: akrales_180319_2395_0032.0.jpg (1200x800, 80K)

That's an easy one. They want illiterate people to get used to their shit so when the phone ends up dying they see themselves forced to buy another one from the same manufacturer to have access to their old shit.

Samsung is notorious for this. They have multiple services that try to replace Google and you have basically no access through anything else but Samsung devices. Want to restore all those reminders you had? Those passwords you saved on Samsung pass? Too fucking bad, gotta grab another Samsung phone. They also make it so they have one advantage of two over other software. For instance Samsung internet respects night mode and drains less battery than chrome but doesn't support password managers other than Samsung pass

because data is valuable.

Money

>but doesn't support password managers other than Samsung pass
That would be an immediate deal breaker for me.

Same problem with windows PCs desu. Half the bloatware shipping these days comes from vendors.

dw bro.
the chinks will save us.

Attached: 1559155781408.jpg (280x280, 16K)

Use nokia senpai.

Goto Settings - General Management - Language and Input - Auto Fill Service.

Choose any password manager that you like.

I'm using KeePass and it's working flawlessly.

Attached: 7c6.png (211x246, 11K)

Same as it used to be with preinstalled bloatware on the PC - they put more than people ask for as they equate more with better, but the quality inevitably suffers and customers start to associate bad quality with the manufacturer.

Doing the minimal necessary and allowing the user additional choices for upgrade (throughout internet, app store, CD) seems too difficult for some managers to comprehend.

Bixby can do things that Google Assistant can't.

Buy AndroidOne if you don't like it.

>Doing the minimal necessary and allowing the user additional choices for upgrade (throughout internet, app store, CD) seems too difficult for some managers to comprehend.
The less they differentiate from other brands the less likely a customer will pick their device over another. If all the companies followed your idea then what would make you pick any particular device? Assume they converge on design quality and hardware features as well.

That's the only one that works. I tried like 7 fucking password managers and that one only works because of a weird method it uses that's different from the two methods other password managers use. Bitwarden doesn't work at all and I even disabled through adb the packages related to samsung pass to see if that was the problem.

This. Posted from a 7 plus.

because what you consider "bloat" others consider useful

t. user of Samsung apps

I recently bought a samsung phone and I'm halfway between having a shit and great experience with these apps. Some of the native stuff is great but I don't know why the fuck facebook, chrome and linkedin are installed by default and cannot be removed (well, they can with adb but come the fuck on).

-Samsung Internet is great and all, but has the problem described above. Replaced with Firefox Preview because as of latest update sending tabs is finally working between devices and shit's just as good
-Samsung Calendar is great and all, but fuck I wish it supported google reminders (then again, I don't use them much and I admit that plenty of calendars don't support them either, this seems to be google being a dick, so I'm keeping the samsung calendar)
-Samsung clock is not as great with alarm settings, or at least showing me a notification if I wake up a little earlier so I can discard that shit beforehand
-Bixby Home is completely and utterly worthless
-The default One UI launcher is really quick and just kinda works, but if you want better icons you're stuck using a different launcher because nearly everything that can be customized is paid and sucks dick
-Bixby Routines works nicely but it's also the only way smart lock based on location can work correctly. Limited options otherwise for unlocking the phone.
-Mail client is garbage
-Samsung Pass is less convenient than every other password manager as it only works on Samsung devices
-File manager doesn't have a way of transferring files over Wi-Fi, only non-third party way of doing this is through Samsung Flow
-Samsung keyboard is superior to gboard (little space on the bottom, matches the system theme like every samsung app), is inferior to swiftkey (pretty fucking awful at autocorrecting stuff, it takes me a decade to type some shit because of it)

It helps to debloat a little bit just for the battery usage really, but I agree that some shit isn't worth replacing and is sometimes helpful.

But it's a lot better if they give user the power to unnistall it themeself. Surely most user don't need 2 browser, 2 calender or 2 gallery, 2 music player inside their phone.

They want get Customers used to mediocrity

Build quality, software updates, warranty and customer service?
The vendor lock-in bullshit needs to die if it gets in the way, and it does.

Attached: cloud-lockin-vs-cloud-interoperability-indicthreads-cloud-computing-conference-2011-11-728.jpg (728x546, 120K)