ARCH INSTALL SCRIPT

Okay guys so im new here in Jow Forums, Im using windows and plan to switch to arch for better workflow and more customization after seeing some insanely nice desktop enviroments. I saw this video youtube.com/watch?v=uyz4-KZOzyI and tried to do that, but I was using manjaro and the top bar where he attached stuff didnt appear and it was all messy, so I went to check instalation progress of arch and saw scripts, and since I dont want to spend 60 minutes installing for a virtual machine, I come here to ask, what script is the fastest / easy / the one you guys use for having not many stuff, because I have seen scripts that let you choose between 5 shit programs when 1 is clearly the best one or you dont even want those for the purpose of your instalation. Help. Also Im not installing gentoo.

Attached: 1543006089105.png (1920x1080, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tonijarjour/autorice
gitlab.com/zanc/live
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Driver_installation
github.com/tonijarjour/archinstall
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You might consider killing yourself.

Ah, yet another bandwagoning arch wannabe. Of course.

Just read the installation manual, or if you really want the easy way out, watch Luke Smith's arch install video.

yeyeyeyeye fuck off both of you im not a fagot like all of you but i need help from some of the fagots here that inspired me to get better shit than windows so if you arent helping go back to the cotton farm, niggers

Her eye is literally on the fucking side of her head

I just made a script that does exactly what you are asking:
github.com/tonijarjour/autorice

Attached: 1539446157767.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

you say his luke smith way is easy but he takes 50 minutes in the video and his script is for having his config, i mainly want to skip the points where i have to get drivers and make partitions and jump straight to a KDE desktop basicly

I use live-wrapper and modify it to install all the packages that I use
then I use live-config to apply all the configs
here's mine gitlab.com/zanc/live

just do your own customisation. it's very liberating to actually know what your computer is doing

I just checked your script and looks very fast and clean, but the part where you ask if i want to install extra command line tools, you should give info at least of what they are since its not in the text that appears after executing the option. Also if i want to replace i3 or bspwm for KDE for example, i would have to change the bspwm file in autorice/config/bspwm for one with kde name and the config right? as i understand it, the script installs the programs and then you have the preconfig in other folder and then you copy the custom config into the right folders

as a new user you should explain what the programs that will be installed for drivers etc do in a list in your project since linux has 400 programs that do the same

your live-wrapper live-config strat sounds like what this other guy does

If you want to use KDE. First install it:
sudo pacman -S plasma-meta or sudo pacman -S plasma-desktop if you want less stuff.
Then go to tty3, login, and type:
startx startkde

This is the fastest way.

Fuck off back to windows you zoomer faggot.

how do i perform step 1 and 2 of your instalation steps? i skipped step 1 and the command didnt work

If you don't use it on arch linux it wont work.....................

Just install Endeavor OS.

You're missing the point if you want a shortcut to vanilla Arch.

Attached: cropped-endeavour-logo-dark-background-2.png (250x250, 10K)

I ain't reading that text. You think I have that much of an attention span? Break it up.

First of all how do I "Install Arch Linux and a graphics driver for your system." second of all look the picture

Attached: bQXfE.png (800x600, 11K)

I think you mistyped it in the readme.md

>how do I "Install Arch Linux and a graphics driver for your system
Install:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide

Graphics:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Driver_installation

Sigh I'm sorry I don't help idiots. The instructions are so simple and yet somehow you have failed.

>Endeavor OS
endeavor website doesnt load

I dont use arch because im not a faggot but that user wrote what your guide says and it didnt work, Ofc he is an idiot but if you come like "hey use my project guys im so good" and then the first step fails, I think you are a big nigger nonetheless

Attached: 1559917472839.png (600x600, 279K)

type pacman -Sy base-devel git or go back to fucking windows fagg-OP

This is wrong. Linux for pedos is Tails. Arch is for gays and Debian for lesbian.

tl;dr
Install gentoo
Linux for paedos is >BSD/SJW-littered

true

And Opensuse is for Furries.

Drawfags, at work.

Nigga this kid asked for an install script and you give a post install fast setup script

>Opensuse is for Furries
yet ubuntu literally has animal names

Ubuntu is for nig...

How hard is it to follow the damn wiki? You don't need an install script. If you want the arch experience but can't be bothered to read, just install manjaro, archlabs, anarchy or any other arch derivative with automated install.

Read the manual.

RTFM

Yes because install scripts aren't a good thing to use. I have written one: github.com/tonijarjour/archinstall
But its meant only for me.

>I'M GONNA INSTALL ARCH BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO GOOD
No better than an iToddler

>a thread died because stupid OP had to be stupid

Don't go for arch as your first distro.

What do you have against fish girls?

>muh sekrit club

Attached: drink up.gif (498x382, 158K)

Install gentoo

Attached: .jpg (728x483, 31K)

nope, live-wrapper and live-config are the official tools used by debian devs

>unironically using nigger as an insult
I bet you came from reddit and your first Jow Forums board was Jow Forums

>a is for b
>c is for d
>e is for f
opinion != fact

This, Terry was the CIA nigger all along.

You haven't figured out you're talking to a 13 year old from India yet?

Your scripts are fast and clean.

JUST
INSTALL
UBUNTU

Thank you user :) I'm glad people are appreciating it