These are the people telling you CRTs are better

>these are the people telling you CRTs are better

6abc.com/man-wearing-tv-on-head-caught-on-camera-leaving-old-tvs-on-porches/5462579/

Attached: wp_ss_20190813_0002 (2).png (1080x1456, 949K)

based TVMan giving out F R E E CRTs

God I wish that were me.

You know CRTs are dangerous waste?

Tell that to /vr/

>receive free television
>complains

Please come to my house CRT senpai

ur mom is dangerous waste

Is this guy a real-life super hero? Or super villain?

reminder that these IoT "doorbells" are being used for mass surveillance
that's the real story here

what if they TVs were filled with money and no one bothered to check

Attached: 1551855395024.jpg (250x219, 14K)

Depends. Super villain if those tvs only go up to composite, or god forbid only RF.

GET YOUR FREE TV'S !

Attached: FREE T V.jpg (620x388, 68K)

Kek

chaotic neutral

If someone left a shitty RF-only TV on my front porch I'd actually call the cops. Leave me a PVM and I'll pretend nothing happened :^)

>he tells people on the internet that CRTs are better
>people don't listen to him but he tells them regardless of the topic or if he was invited to the conversation
>people tell him to go away but he tells them he loves CRTs
>he picks up old heavy CRTs from homes throwing it away as trash
>he takes takes random CRTs home so he can brag about his perfect blacks
>if he sees you being good, he drops a CRT on your porch
>if he sees you being bad, he...

Attached: crt-man.jpg (624x508, 39K)

Based

Based

Based antinigger

converts all your displays to OLED.
be a good boy so CRT man will bless you tonight.

my kids stopped believing in santa, how do i get them to believe in CRT man?

>converts all your displays to OLED.
Now that's evil.

Carefully sneak into their bedroom at 2 AM on Christmas Day with a 15" PVM and Super Nintendo.

Please give me a Trinitron, Mr. TV Head.

How about not putting trash on people's property?

So since you guys are talking gods display tech
So what's the best crt for a XP era retro build? Go full retard and get a diamondtron?

CRT man*

Near my house there's a little altar to a guy who got ran over made with a CRT monitor shell, I gotta take a photo of it someday.

>trash
They're his brethren

Depends on what you'll be using it for. For games a shadow mask CRT is generally preferred since they smooth out jagged lines better. Aperture grille CRTs like Sony and NEC are more suited for displaying text and static graphics.

So just any old higher res crt would be good enough? I already have a Trinitron tv for retro consoles and it looks great.

Yes. Make sure it supports at least 1600x1200 at 85Hz, that seems to be the standard for 19" and 21" PC monitors.

How about NOT coming to Jow Forums, twat?

bump

omg did they just assume their jender?

>Obvious FLCL cosplay
>nobody on Jow Forums gets it

Fucking pathetic.

We're not on Jow Forums

CRT is a much better technology than LCD.

1) Perfect black levels
2) Flawless off-axis viewing
3) Much faster refresh rate than LCD
4) Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules)
5) Far longer life-span
6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
7) Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring

Given ultimate space and money the world’s best CRT could easily crush the world’s best LCD. So tell me Jow Forums, why do you like your inferior screens that companies such as Samsung have brainwashed you to think is better than what already existed? The only cost-savings are on their end.

And the funny thing is you guys keep buying this crappy LCD technology and giving away your free CRTs on Craigslist. A fool and his dollar are soon parted I guess.

And before you start yapping about IPS panels:
Enjoy your slow G2G response to switch pixels already, not to mention that hidden input and scalar lag. Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit.

The only semi-legitimate point I’ve heard against CRTs regards weight, but you don’t bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping, do you? Didn’t think so.

pasta-CRT vs LCD, pasta-CRT, pasta--LCD, pasta-blacks, pasta-craigslist

This is either one of you fucks, or someone from /b/.

>Villains whose motives are arguably better than the hero's

>blocks your path

Attached: OLED shill diagram.jpg (619x420, 64K)

That would be quite nice actually.

your mom gets perfect black levels lol

Recommend me a CRT since my toshiba remote got lost

fucking CRT's and fucking retarded garbage truck guys
people put these pieces of shit out on the curb to be taken and the dumb nigger claw truck drivers aren't supposed to pick them up because the glass shatters and goes all over the street
but that doesn't stop those stupid niggers from picking up those pieces of shit

This is probably viral marketing for a door cam company.

ITT: SONYggers coping their company passed on LCD technology when it was invented in their labs and let it go because >MUH TRINITRON

this. It's too stupid to be anything else, or at best, just some dumb prank.

Based as fuck, holy shit.

Where's the burn-in vertex in that graph?

That's part of display life.

can we stop this fucking meme already
I have an OG Pixel and after three years of heavy use there is no burn in. Three roomates have iPhones with OLED screens. Both I and my brother have OG Vitas. None of them have burn in. Ive never even seen a picture of a burned in OLED or one in the wild. The only place on the whole internet I see it mentioned is Jow Forums.

Attached: 1561415240724.gif (607x609, 821K)

i wonder what is the message

Then you've clearly never been in an electronics store.

I've never had it on a phone but if you use the same watchface on a smartwatch for too long you're fucked pretty fast. 24/7, almost always certain pixels. My LG G Watch was really fucking bad within a year.

hes a complex antihero

ULTRA BASED

based beta hl2 poster
I was just trying to recompile some beta maps but they run on older hammer editor only, shame

The fuck you talking about? That's a Dead Leaves cosplay.

Hey look it's Pyro

>be burgler
>be stockroom employee
>be mover
>be furniture
everything listed above wasn't soi when crt's ruled the land

user were you the people living in the house you would be normies that actually lament about TV-guy giving away free CRTs, while were you TV-guy you would probably be retarded (giving away free CRTs to peasants), I'm not sure whether you'd actually like being anyone in this story

I wanna be the TV guy desu senpai

CRTs are good for retro gaming.

> hi, i'm a zoomer faggot and i wanted to make it blatantly obvious
thanks, zoomer faggot.
this faggot gets.

yeah but a phone is a perfect use case for an oled screen, it can be ultra low power and it's almost never on for longer than an hour or two, and if it is on for that long. Mobile devices that don't have easy access to generic media with headers or footers (podcasts, livestreams and the news) won't have a problem because the limited library of games they play will never have an icon stay in one place for too long BY DESIGN

TVs and Monitors are the biggest application where OLEDS make sense, because they also have to be brighter AND on for super long periods of time.

MicroLED's are the future anyways, the tech just needs to be scaled down a tiny bit to be viable in big TV's and then it needs to be make cheaper and a bit smaller again for standard 20-30 inch monitors. ALL the benefits of OLED, NONE of the downsides (particularly burn-in).

>TVs and Monitors are the biggest application where OLEDS make sense, because they also have to be brighter AND on for super long periods of time.

TVs and Monitors are the biggest application where OLEDS
>dont
make sense, because they also have to be brighter AND on for super long periods of time.

typo, my bad.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Attached: 1562915850971.png (819x827, 16K)

>ring.com
How did you fell for this obvious marketing campaign...
I had higher standards for Jow Forums...

Attached: GreenIsMyPepe.jpg (1092x1037, 290K)

explain

he's the hero we deserve

this

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT
most people are gonna destroy the CRTs for fun
he should've asked who wanted them and for what on forums and delivered to those people

GET YOUR FREE TV's

Attached: Get_your_free_tvs.jpg (552x405, 132K)

>On 4channel
>uses a trip

Fucking pathetic.

>shitting on based RF

Attached: 20190103_205407-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

In my area they don't do it because trashman aren't support to pick up anything electronic and you're suppose to pay to recycle it.

>DANGEROUS GAS
Tell that to my braphog gf

This guy is probably a poo who owns a hotel, and is too cheap to pay the expense for getting rid of the tvs.

I know; pretty fuckin sad.
>Praise Lord Canti

Attached: hate4U.jpg (500x378, 52K)

You cultured motherfucker

BASED

Based Canti

I unironically use a CRT. Not because of >muh refresh rates, i'm just broke.

Fuck does that look comfy, user.

This is true. Cops have a contract with ring to access the cameras directly as well as any past activity AND THEY DONT NEED A WARRANT. Protek urselfs anons

Just in time.
I'm building a retro corner in my room for consoles, PC games and TV shows.
Maybe surrouding myself with stuff from past times will help my increasing lunacy.

Attached: 1539552417677.jpg (600x574, 57K)

Vigilante

Wouldn't it not be hard to set up your own SSH to a remote camera and have your own like Ring without it being hooked into servers you don't own?

how do they know it's a man

>15"
Good taste my man.

why yes, lots of things are very easy but slightly too hard for the sort of rich boomers who think they need porch cams.

Dead leaves is one of the few where the english version is better than the moonrune original. The voice acting is considerably more upbeat and there are additional lines in it where the jap version has some awkward silences (like where they carjack near the start).

BASED

pr campagin from Ring themselves

move on, ignore and spit on ring grave when they die

Serious question, how does one put a TV on their head? The tube takes up the entire thing, and it's not like you can just remove part of the tube to make room for your head. What do you replace the "screen" portion with to retain the appearance of an undestroyed TV while making room to wear it on your head?

Real [REDACTED] hours

I was thinking about that myself. It could be a gutted TV with the glass replaced by a piece of acrylic or something.

>ChadRT
>goes outside
>works out
>can pick up the world

>inceLED
>stays indoors
>is an incel
>can barely pick up a piece of cardboard

OH NO NO

Holy kek