So which one is the most stable/unbreakable/reliable distro out of the two? Debian or Ubuntu LTS...

So which one is the most stable/unbreakable/reliable distro out of the two? Debian or Ubuntu LTS? I need serious answers if possible because I need to migrate some machines to Linux.

Attached: debian_vs_ubuntu.png (730x245, 35K)

CentOS/RHEL if you don't need cutting edge, just stability. Ubuntu is poison...

arch is better than both

Have you ever maitained it in a production environment or run advanced security protocals against it? Not saying it won't work, but what about maintenance?

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Long Term Servicing Channel

Slavery and $$$. OP is asking about linux, BTW...

I use Debian for all my Linux workstations because it is what I have used forever, and it's what I know. It is outdated, yes. This is a fair criticism. If having the latest software matters to you, do not use Debian. But if you want to be able to install a workstation, be it a desktop or a notebook, that will be stable for a few years, then Debian is a good choice.

>Ubuntu is poison...
ubuntu server is the same prison as centos

Definitely CentOS

I tried CentOS before, installation and upgrading the system was easy but couldn't get it to to the login screen after booting, screen remained black with nothing happening. I'm assuming it was a graphical driver(s) problem.

maybe so, but as CentOS is a binary-compatible version of RHEL - an industry standard distro - I feel a lot more comfortable with it. It tracks RHEL security fixes and package upgrades well and promptly. (Gentoo at home, BTW)

>arch
>stable

Attached: 1553124456471.jpg (720x793, 40K)

>try to install linux on my craptop (lenovo yoga 530 14arr)
>realtek wifi card not in the kernel
>tfw threw out a old-ish intel wifi card recently that probably works
FUCK. I know there's probably a github out somewhere to be cloned, but how about realtek just starts adding their drivers to the kernel instead?
Also
>bios update comes as exe file

I have been running 6 of my debian vms since 2012. A web server, icecast, owncloud, Irc, teamspeak bot and a postfix server with a sogo front end. The hypervisor is proxmox built on debian. All have been stable and in place upgrades from debian 7 and up have all gone perfect. If you have questions, I have answers.

>proxmox built on debian
Isn't this redundant

Debian stable obviously.
What even is the question...

Debian

Enjoy your IBM garbage.

Attached: BlueHat.png (600x410, 25K)

>no one asking op what the computers will be used for

All of you dick sucking brand whores need to stop giving 'advice'

I like how you try to come off as knowledgeable but end up showing how little you really know. Please explain what difference it makes in choosing one over the other. It’s all a matter of preference but I’ll humor you.

If you don't know this you should shoot yourself in the face and leave Jow Forums forever

Why are you running a server with an X server? your server should be headless you neanderthal

Proxmox only supports uefi booting. If using older hardware, you would have to install Debian first, then proxmox(proxmox is just packages on Debian)

Devuan, cuz I'm not cucked to one distro.

Attached: 1490852417788.jpg (1000x1000, 39K)

Attached: 480px-Slackware_logo.svg.png (480x480, 97K)

Debian. If you've got the choice, CentOS is also good and RHEL's documentation is pretty good.

Was waiting for this, based.

>Debian

lol no

Ubuntu LITERALLY is debian + Canonical.
How could it be MORE stable than debian?

Look, I'm primarily using Mint, which is a step further down, but I'm not aiming for reliability, I'm aiming for usability.
Serious answer: debian.

Kinda, not really. You can either use the proxmox iso, or i stall debian and then install the packages. I do this so I can install duplicati and the owncloud cmd cliet easily.

>IBM garbage
Like?

Attached: 1563522251155.jpg (888x768, 63K)

OP want's something with decent server-side performance.
Out of the two, Debian. By many miles.
lol yes, he was asking about breakability, stability, and reliability.

linux support costs out the ass when using it in enterprise

non-poetterware, gentoo

out of debian and ubuntu lts... centos

>running a logging screen on a server
>upgrading from versions in a server without expecting it to break
really? I know literally 0 persons that are as retarded as to think there won't be a breakage with configuration between versions

KDE Neon

>how could it be LESS stable than debian
ftfy
security upgrades are faster than debian's because they actually get paid and don't do it out of the warmth in their hearts