Any good? Buying right now

Any good? Buying right now.

Attached: MX70554-0 (1).jpg (400x400, 17K)

the twisty joysticks are not good for flight. causes all kinds of problems

just disable and use rudder paddle on throttle or pedals

No.

Want to go cheap, get Thustmaster FCS T16000M + second stick and or matching throttle. Best value and performance starter hotas or stick.

Got real money? VPC or better yet Virpil. Anything else is overpriced for mid-range out of date stuff

Your choice can't be bad but make sure that you have enough buttons on these, you'd rather not have to stretch your arms to the other side of the planet in order to reach your keyboard.

It's shit. Get a t16k on the low end or pony up for vkb or virpil, there isn't really any mid range market for hotas.

2nd for the thrust master, got 2 and the throttle.
Side question anyone know any where that sells just the pedals?

Thirded. Got two with out the hotas and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

cant wait to become a boomer and spend all of my time playing simulators in vr

>Side question anyone know any where that sells just the pedals?
Don't waste your money on the cheap TM pedals, they're absolute garbage. I made that mistake and they were so bad I went back to using stick twist. They MIGHT be OK if all you want to do is buzz around in a Cessna in X-Plane, but for any kind of combat sim they're fucking useless.

If you want a good set of pedals I highly recommend VKB. They're not cheap, but at $230 they're a lot less expensive than any other good set of pedals on the market, and they're usually in stock, unlike everything else VKB makes. They're accurate, smooth, and designed to be used with a normal computer chair rather than a dedicated sim cockpit. I think that if you're going to put decent money into any part of your setup it should be these pedals, for the simple reason that you can get decent inexpensive sticks and throttles (t.16k) but you can't get decent pedals for any less.

Attached: T-RudderMK4_5_small_blackbox.jpg (1024x1024, 84K)

Don't get anything Saitek. They were good back then but their quality went down the shitter when Madcatz bought the company. Get Thrustmaster FCS (t16k+twcs throttle bundle) instead.

Can't go wrong with Saitek.

I've heard they've gotten better since Logitech has owned them for a few years, but I'm not sure. I'm going to find out pretty soon though, about to buy the Logitech/Saitek yoke and a couple of their switch panels. (I'm training to be a real pilot and want a home sim setup that's closer to the stuff I fly IRL, and Saitek is pretty much the only game in town.)

Something that might be worth considering if OP's already looking at the X-55 Pro is a Warthog, you might have to wait a bit (black friday maybe) but I see them go on sale for $350 periodically and that's a much better setup than anything except VKB, Virpil, or the really exotic pro sim stuff. Nice thing about the Hog is that if you want an upgrade down the line you can swap the gimbal for a Virpil one and keep the very nice Warthog grip, too.

I think if you're going to spend TM Warthog money, its best to just go VKB or Virpil. If you go Warthog first, you'll be able to kinda sorta swap in VKB/Virpil grips or gimbles but it really isn't worth it and they'll have decreased functionality.

Its best to just go straight to Virpil I think and have the option for the best tech. VKB is another option but frankly, VKB is still china made and manufactured- though not bad design of course, whereas Virpil seems to develop stuff faster/better/more options and has Belarus manufacture.

Those are good pedals I've heard, but I'd also compare them to the MFG Crosswinds and the 3 models of pedals made by Virpil and recently launched. I know Virpil has 3 options - one of them is the cheaper one, one is the advanced model with just toe brakes, the other is the advanced model with both full foot + toe brakes pedal styles .

>>

X-55 owner here, they are shit
I've had re soldier wires multiple times now
The throttle friction mechanism relies on tacky grease which eventually drips out leaving you with inconsistent resistance

spend the extra for the VKB or VirPil

The thing about Warthog vs. Virpil or VKB is that you can get them whenever you want and you get a whole HOTAS for less than the price of one stick if you wait for a sale.

Pedals have the availability issue too. Crosswinds have a long waiting list and Virpil has the usual issue of having to wait for a drop, play click war, and then get assraped on shipping if you're in NA. You're looking at $300 minimum after shipping for any of those options. The other thing about the VKBs is that, like I said before, they work way better if you don't have a full-on sim rig, they press down instead of forward and back and that means they work way better if you're sitting at a normal computer chair height with your stick and throttle on top of the desk, plus they don't slide around on the floor like normal pedals do if they're not bolted down.

Shit's fucking dead, I haven't seen a sim general on /vg/ in months.

I wouldn't recommend it.
Ye throttle stick split in half on me

i have an x55 (saitek one) and it's nice and still kickin