*flattens your icons*

*flattens your icons*

Attached: gd.jpg (1920x1080, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2013/05/11/will-jony-ive-let-a-flat-design-for-ios-7-fall-flat/#95f9b7267f1e
macrumors.com/2013/03/21/jony-ive-pushing-for-flat-design-in-ios-7-amid-greater-hardware-software-design-collaboration/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks. I love flat designs.

>*reduces the amount of complexity but also somehow quadruples the system requirements*

it was a gay designer from apple tho
a famous one
ask the macfags about him

macos and ios dont have flat design

Flat works well if it's a unified design.

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-131757.png (1440x3120, 477K)

What's the iconpack?

Flightlite

The actual reason is it's far cheaper to pay "artists" who can quickly shit out flat minimalist anything instead of ones who know basic stuff about how lighting and surface reflections work and are willing to put some effort into their shit

Attached: reason_6_.jpg (1565x1041, 1.76M)

forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2013/05/11/will-jony-ive-let-a-flat-design-for-ios-7-fall-flat/#95f9b7267f1e

macrumors.com/2013/03/21/jony-ive-pushing-for-flat-design-in-ios-7-amid-greater-hardware-software-design-collaboration/

This I will never figure out

God I fucking hate women

That's total chaos and a complete eyesore. Have to squint to make anything out.

Ask your doctor for some testosterone supplements.

>he has icons
>he has a gui

Ask your psychiatrist to cure the childish nostalgia.

That's modeled after the physical gear, it's not actual design.

I figured it out. Software is so complex now (despite looking simpler) and developers on average are getting dumber over time. Most of them struggle with the inability to create leak-proof abstractions. Also, no one wants to code in the traditional languages so we keep making the same fucking mistakes over and over with each 6-month-long generation of hipster tech stack. It took us almost 2 decades to make C# viable. How many painful lessons were resolved in that time? Then take a look at electron. What the fuck are people thinking, writing their LOB and AAA products on this garbage? It gets worse though. The people who are pushing to use electron are also the retarded developers mentioned earlier. It is a really vicious combination of suffering.

king gizz shoulda stopped after Paper Mache or at least spaced all these albums out

I think the problem is that we care too much about developers.
>b-b-but spending a week cleaning up code is boooooooooooring! M-move fast and break things!

At least post the ones with cables

Attached: shape-malstrom-cables.jpg (737x750, 183K)

the cable wobbling physics are very erotic.

>Articles from 2013
If you've actually used iOS or macOS you'd know they are not flat.

true

Apple is solely to blame for this horrible shit that still hasn't gone away. iOS7 started it and then everything imitated it. 7 years later my eyes still burn.

Attached: 1533099624577.jpg (512x548, 21K)

Imagine how much of a nightmare that would be to use as a flat borderless wall-of-white design. You'd never be able to visually assess it quickly. It may look busy or over designed, but you know exactly what everything is and you're not going to misread a setting or have trouble figuring out which elements interact.

If it takes you a week to clean up your codebase, you need to start the fuck over with a revised architecture. Use your old codebase as reference for requirements and do it the right way. This is the programming equivalent of reinstalling windows. Every time you do it you get better than the last attempt and you make it further before the wheels fall off. The trick is that each time you learn a lesson regarding an irrevocable harm (aka the reason you are rewriting from zero). As these lessons accumulate, your architecture will improve accordingly.

> start the fuck over
Good idea. We'll just re-write Windows over again for the next version.

Flat is justice!

Attached: 1459243250431.jpg (400x500, 43K)

>using a 30 year old operating system as a basis for argument here
way to miss the point.

fucking wrong

Windows is a perfect example of what happens when you pile fresh crap on top of layers of progressively more crumbling crap underneath. It's literally THE argument for needing to rebuild since no one working at MS can ever work on the underlying code because no one understands it.

The reason flatshit exists is responsive web design as well as scalability.
With bitmap-based software like , while it looks better, is more memorable, and generally has more soul than flatshit, it:
>1. is totally fucking unusable on a tablet or smartphone;
>2. will look like ass on HIDPI displays where you'll need a magnifying glass to see anything

Flatshit is the answer to this because every single source is vector based. You can see this on Windows 7 and Windows 10. With Windows 7, if you increase the size of the things being displayed to 125%, you can see that the start button, the icons, etc - they're all different. So you need to basically redraw different versions of every single icon because just sizing them down will make them look like ass.
Whereas with vector based shit, well it's easy to scale it up and down.
I feel like it's a hopeless endeavor to try and escape flatshit anyways. I've already tried to make my computer look old by using Clearlooks, MATE, and ancient Metacity themes from 2005.
The problem is, and it always is, that the moment you go online, or use somewhat recent software like LMMS or Discord or Firefox, the immersion is broken. And it can only be fixed by using weird workarounds like piping Discord to a terminal through a bot, or by installing shitty, barely functional user CSS Firefox themes. So my suggestion is to just embrace it. It'll hurt less if you grin and bear it.

Attached: 1542572739583.jpg (511x671, 41K)

>hurr hurr fluent design is not flat
retard

The issue is that so much is reliant on that that there's no way to actually replace it. We just have to wait for the collapse, as happens to all complex systems eventually.

>discord being relevant to his computer GUI
it's a chat room
it doesn't matter its color

Also
>Discord

This. Vector images can arbitrarily scale up and down, so they make a lot more sense if you're targeting different display densities

Hand coding is king.
Object oriented programming in editors is the devil.

*flattens your balls*

Attached: asuka2.jpg (1000x1498, 171K)

>eats your resources

Attached: Modern World Bloat.png (1880x2172, 180K)

Would you rather cave it replaced in a somewhat controlled way where there is some degree of problem, or catastrophically where shit starts falling out of the sky and we break civilization? Also, a clean rewrite of windows would probably run 30 times faster and with a fraction of the resources. (Botnet shit aside)

You act as if there's actually a choice being presented. I'd prefer it to be controlled and planned, of course, but who is going to present that, and how will they actually force adoption?

>fluent design
That's Microsoft you dipshit.

Oh I know, I'm just saying that is what is needed. Not that it will ever happen.

that wacom model has no Bluetooth so basically its a posing photo and probably just a model.

People's demands are also far too great and varied to ever give a fresh start a viable chance. I mean, think about all that would have to be implemented, and how hard it would be to keep up with new changes that will continue. Where would you even start?

If there was a change in philosophy in the user base it would be possible, but not while people expect a single computer to do everything under the sun. Though, saying that, with everything going in to the browser I might just get my wish, via a Monkey's Paw.

can't you just do what (smart) video game devs do, and render everything at a massively higher resolution than what the consumer is expected to play at? that way they can simply set the resolution they use and it'll scale down from source. i doubt people are going to be using 8k anytime soon. even 4k is slow in adoption

it's ok, stupid people get confused when they see something out of their brain power.

Flat icons all share a similar theme; They are flat.

This bothers people who notice it in everything. But when you think about it, Coca-Cola's logo has always been flat text. Apple's logo is just a white symbol of an apple.

It's about getting to the point I suppose. A logo can be whatever you want it to be, and people will think one style is better than the other when nothing really matters.

fuck you, i thought i got a legitimate reply to my post but i'm just tagged for your silly desire of (you)s. kys

who is this?

Apple's original logo is kino as fuck.

Attached: Apple_first_logo.png (412x599, 197K)

keep driking your soi and vape, user.

kys johnny ive
nobody likes you

Flat icons are a style choice. Flat UIs are objectively poorer at their purpose, which is to give the user an easily understood display of data and controls. Flat minimal UI buttons/controls on a white background with almost no bordering and no difference between background and interactive fields, all of this runs counter to the objective. Show me a flat UI with a lot of elements that the user can intuitively navigate just as easily and then we can talk about it in the context of pure aesthetics.

Also fuck you, for trashing up the replies.

flat style doesn't really say anything about borders/backgrounds though, afaik. there is no reason not to have an information dense UI with flat design

thanks
skeushit is hideous