Tfw boss ask you to port a 22 year old legacy software from an old piece of shit to a completely different new hardware...

>tfw boss ask you to port a 22 year old legacy software from an old piece of shit to a completely different new hardware with different architecture.

Is there a worse feel?

Attached: 1565814846983.png (281x280, 109K)

yes.

do your job, pajeet

>getting paid to do sit-down work
Oh dear. You certainly are in the worst hell imaginable. Nobody has ever gone through worse in the history of the world.

Well, what's the deadline?

Just fix up those IDPROMs and the Suns will run for another 20+ years.

Sounds fun.

The annoying thing would be porting to embedded from modern desktop. Your task would be easy af due to all the high level functions at your disposal

I had to write undocumented assembly code for a 30 year old DSP. Suck my cock.

>why yes I am an 80 IQ construction worker that constantly needs to tell everyone about how much I think I suffer and how everyone else has it better than me
Jesus christ fuck off, this is female levels of derailing discussions just to proclaim to everyone how you're the victim

thats nothing, im porting an industrial capsule filler machines (Z70plus) entire software from a CQM1H-51 to an S7 1200, totally different memory layout, memory adressing works completely differently, so have to entirely reconstruct the functionality and write the code based on the blueprints
just end my life

Attached: 1a8~2.png (633x756, 321K)

>Is there a worse feel?
Giving maintenance to a Access 97 mdb

Dosbox? Emulator running the application on a pirated copy of the platform?

Just do it bro. Can't be that hard.

>being a wage slave
no, there is no worse feeling.

Having a boomer boss who thinks he needs to have his fingers in everyone's pies ask you to design something only to tell you that he doesnt like some pidly thing because it's not how he would do it.

>I choose to do a physically challenging job and cry about those who choose desk jobs

>Whines when given challenging work.
You're not going to make it, bro.

Deskjobs are worse than physical labor in White countries.

Well at least you have blueprints.

Oh gosh, I love these tasks so much from the admin perspective.
> find some emulators
> virtualize
> pass through required devices
Reviving old stuff is the best.

>Porting shit from old Omron PLCs
I know your pain

Attached: unreadable.png (683x470, 13K)

thats the thing i cant port it, the most basic fucking operations on the omron rely on the most autistic memory usage possible and i dont have as good as any use from the ladder networks, im really writing a software from scratch from a 5kg blueprint folder

Why do you have to port it to S7 though? Why not just replace it with a CJ2H/CJ2M. They're backwards compatible.

Are you getting paid $120000/yr at least? At minimum? Those types of projects usually get contracted out for a hefty sum

This
Mental pain is worse than any kind of physical pain

Not really. Brain exercise is more interesting than physical exercise.

it's also much worse when it comes to fatigue, at least in my opinion
used to work in a warehouse and, not claiming that I'd go back to it, but I'd feel a lot better by being physically tired after a good day of work then be mentally tired because I had to deal with a bunch of fucking bullshit all fucking day again and it's just making my head hurt unbelievably bad

>do software engineering at work for several hours
>followup with gym for 1.5 hours
>not mentally exhausted because blood flow from exercise reinvigorates brain
>go home and code for fun a bit before bed

That sounds like it may work, thanks!

tried that already, I'm just dead tired by the time I get home because of that, then I want to go to sleep early and that's how I fuck up my schedule because I either sleep for 12 hours or try to wake up earlier in the night which just makes me feel like shit for the rest of the day
fuck my life, I just quit my gym membership too

What's your routine? I run for 25 minutes then weight lift for 1 hour, 5 days a week. I have TONS of energy.

I used to just lift weights for an hour and half 3 times a day, and run for 25 minutes on the off days in between. Dropped the running when joints started hurting but nothing changed, I was still fucking tired all day

My bad, I don't run. I use the elliptical. That might be helpful for your joints.

>Is there a worse feel?
Not being able to get hired.