AMD confirmed POZZED HOUSEFIRES

AMD confirmed POZZED HOUSEFIRES

Attached: AMDhousefire.jpg (625x629, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/review/msi-radeon-rx-5700-xt-evoke/32.html
techradar.com/news/nvidia-graphics-cards-vulnerable-to-security-flaw
reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>inb4 b-but that's only because of the blower cooler!

Man. I remember when 75c was the absolute Max temp for Pentium 3 1ghz processors. Now people say shit like "Oh, 85c is just fine under load! 100c is the limit though!" for CPUs and I was blown away.

I guess it ain't a stretch to think maybe thermal envelopes are just getting pushed up again.

AMD is literally perfect. If you say anything bad about it, gtfo shill

>stock blower reference card has dogshit cooling
NO. FUCKING. WAY. MAN.

techpowerup.com/review/msi-radeon-rx-5700-xt-evoke/32.html

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-174532(1).jpg (953x663, 285K)

If it's designed to run at that temperature, what's the problem?

CALLED IT

Your oven is also designed for that temperature

Its not the die temp you fucking idiots.

So what is the problem?

I love it when leftists try to discredit legitimate arguments by bringing them up first dismissively, as if that somehow negates the fact that said argument blows them the fuck out.

What's ambient?

when's the last time you bought a reference card you dumb mutt

>inb4 someone says the sky is blue
>"the sky is blue"
>I FUCKING CALLED IT I AM SO FUCKING SMART OMG

>leftists
AMD fagboys are alt-right incels, who knew? I guess that explains their rampant hypocrisy!

Who are you quoting?

>incel!!!!!

Intel are fed sholl newfags, who knew? Guess it explains their rampant kike deepthroating!

you realise that most midrange-to-highend GPUs in the past four years regularly hit 110c junction temps, right?

Junction is literally at the chip itself, it was the temp that wasn't being reported at all until Navi, every single GPUTemp reading for all GPUs until now has been what AMD is now calling the "Edge" temperatures.

AMD trying to break into intels space heater game

SEETHING

Why does AMD keep using those blower coolers when it's been proven time and time again they have a worse efficiency to noise ratio than plain 2-fan coolers?

my i7-930 has run at 100C under load in summer for 9 years without any issues

>intel does it
>Jow ForumsAMD has a field day and dumps meme folder
>AMD does it
>a million excuses for Jow Forums's beloved corporate boot
Absolutely disgusting how many real life cucks there are on this board

My Nvidia GPU hits 110C too sometimes, just not reported by the sensor.
It works great, often doesn't even throttle down much.
Wasn't 100C "normal" before?
How is 10 degrees C news?

You fucking retard its not even DIE TEMPS. ITS a junction temp

this
just leave it to the engineers you fuck

>IT'S NORMAL
Hello, Lisa

AMD chips have more advanced temp sensors, distributed over most of the hotspots.
At a certain time, the max temp of a cpu might be 100C over, say, the ymm (avx256) registers, but the old way of measuring temperature over the whole package or core might return only 85 C.

>component running at the temperature it was designed to
>leftists
>>/reddit/
the difference is that Intel CPUs throttled because they were running above the temps they were designed for, whereas this just has a higher operating temperature than older GPUs

>THAT READING IS TOO HOT NOT FAIR TRY ANOTHER TEMP
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE ABSOLUTE STATE

>Normal temperatures for other architectures and process nodes are normal for ALL architectures and processes

The difference is that AMD will just burn your house down instead of throttling

>it's all the same unless you criticize the hardware I bought!
Get 'em, brother! AMD 4 lyfe!

AMD cultists actually, unironically believe AMD is their friend, like AMD is a person and they are friends with them, instead of what they are which is a corporation looking to make money. When you understand their delusional mindset their behavior makes much more sense.

>all temps are the same!

The absolute state of low IQ retards. Go back.

yes its die temps, your chip will die

This desu. Though 100c is and never was "normal". Hottest card I had in 30 years was a 750 Ti that I forgot to clean the dust out of. Cleaned out the rest of the case, just overlooked the GPU. Launched into Starcraft II and it got to around 90c in a little under 10 minutes.
The Titans I used for AutoCAD work never once hit those temps, and we kept a temp monitor on them at all times (because the CEO was a paranoid fuck). Out of the twelve machines we had for AutoCAD work, the hottest they ever got was around 70c at very high load.

They're not, that's why we're worried about AMD bros and their housefire situation.

what? all I was saying is that operating temperatures for different chips are different and that comparing them is silly

Junction temps at this level are NOT a worry. They are easily good up to 120c, but probably more like 150c

Don't worry everyone, keep buying AMD! Housefires are normal and expected!

Jesus christ, either this is a shoop or the idiot the wrote the article is an intel or nvidia whore.

Navi cards DO NOT run that hot, its that simple. The OP is a lie/fake.

Kek my nvidia gpu on gta ultra 2k doesnt go passed 85 degrees celsius

Please stop meming you low IQ retard. If this was a package temp would be a problem, but it is not.

Aw, the AMD babies are mad that they got ripped off by their """friend""" AMD! How sad!

>Aw, the AMD babies are mad that they got ripped off by their """friend""" AMD! How sad!

Attached: ff18.jpg (882x758, 324K)

oh no I am angry now >:(((((

>this kills the nvidrone

Attached: 5700xt temp.png (682x916, 54K)

>it's ok for AMD to sell cards with trash cooling

>buy ref card with blower
>works as described but louder and hotter
>NOOOOOO AMD SCAM SCAMMERRRRR

Attached: 400.jpg (585x399, 79K)

>buy nvidia reference card
>cooling isn't an issue because it uses a non retarded design
>but AMD gets a pass when they use retarded cooling design because ????

Yeah it's his fault for buying a $400 card and expecting it not to be shit, should have been more devoted to the cult of AMD and springed for the $500 ultra RGB with dildos edition to get something not awful.

>cooling isnt an issue

Neither is it with amds card what a coincidence.

Tmax varies by architecture and component choice. All hardware is housefire tier compared to some older stuff that had to run cool.

Yeah the card will survive, unfortunately your house will not.

It's not a scam, they told you housefires were normal in their blog which you agree to the moment you purchase their hardware

Junction temp not package temp shill

XDDD Le housefire haha

>you're a shill if you don't defend shitty design that would result in losing your home
Whoa that makes a lot of sense

Holy fuck AMD has literally become a religion

the same happens on nvidia gpus. its just that amd is the only one who has the balls to expose this temperature in their software. but nice try baiting anyway you low iq subhuman trash

They're literally razer-tier edgy counter-culture gaymurr branding for poor zoomers who unironically vape and drink monster energy drinks

>HAHAHHAA le house fire because of small junction temp LOL

Literally all you have.

Who are you quoting?

>junction temp
Hello fellow AMD bro, I just read the AMD blog post and learned about this term- mind telling me which page in street team manual I can learn more about "junction temp"?

Thanks!
-/u/BioGenx2b

no1 said that, ever. all blower type cards are trash, regardless of brand.
>you now remember the ati iceq vacuum cleaner (more like air plane taking off) sound level shit
>you now remember the gtx295 burning and literally blowing up from all the heat

>cooling not an issue
>when data in this thread has the 5700xt at 92C under load
sure thing

nvidiot GPUs are running as high as 70-80C but my bedroom easily manages to run at just 20C???
nvidia should recall their RTX housefires

>novidya fags are literally so tech illiterate they dont understand a gpu has multiple spots to read a temp from

Attached: 1.png (568x433, 135K)

The real limit is like 130C or so. Then the CPU will safely shut down to avoid damage. People are just over-cautious nowadays.
Let's see Nvidia have a hotspot monitor then.

>BUT MUH JUNCTION
>die temp is over 100C under load anyway

work in any scenario and cool even more if you are willing to make the blower spin faster with afterburner.

This. I had a first gen i7 that idled at 65C and regularly went to 98C under load. Worked just fine until I replaced it with a Skylake chip.

>Nvidiots are literally to dumb to understand the difference between edge temp and junction temp

Attached: 1526590146039.jpg (310x310, 33K)

Look at this thread. Its very telling as to how people still get bamboozled by israeltel and novidya. So many brainlets

Attached: ff.jpg (4064x2704, 985K)

What about this is so hard for you brainlets to comprehend?

Vega and now Navi are the only cards that report hotspot temperatures, which by definition are significantly higher than "normal" GPU temps. Just because the sensors are not made available/ do not exist on Nvidia GPUs does not mean they dont reach similar temperatures in certain parts of the chip.

AMDrones on suicide watch with their pozzed housefires. BTFO!!

Attached: Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg (1600x1150, 200K)

>AMD
>pozzed
techradar.com/news/nvidia-graphics-cards-vulnerable-to-security-flaw
sure nvidibro

Attached: Nvidia_grill.jpg (500x500, 78K)

Yeah and it works just fine, what's your point?

OH NO NO NO AMDbros let's hurry up and bring up le ancient architecture from nearly a decade ago since we can't call Turing a housefire

Attached: 2019-06-10-image-32.jpg (2500x1406, 245K)

the pic isn't the point retard

>has like 64 temp sensors and reports the hottest part
>LITERALLY ENTIRE CARD HOUSEFIRE
educate yourself illiterate monkey

>security flaw that was patched in one second vs my house burning down
Tough one!

This is what Nvidia was saying when Fermi launched. Boiling point graphics cards were the new normal.

What happened to the cooler design used on the blower style HD 5870? Those things were awesome. The fan would only ramp up to about 30%, leaving it nearly silent, and temps would max out around 75C.

The sky isn't blue here though

nothing
its just autistic screeching along with europoors/pajeets that are too poor to afford air conditioning

Running at Tmax is going to severely degrade the life of the die and some of the closest components. Generally a similar effect as running at a high voltage but it's an area that burns away instead of specific pathways.

you haven't heard of junction temperature right?

Attached: Tjunction.png (175x364, 14K)

>rampant hypocrisy
That's a trait of the left, dumb dumb

Oh, totally.
reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

seething

>>buy nvidia reference card
>>cooling isn't an issue because it uses a non retarded design

2500 screws and hot glue, great design

>it's another reference card running hot and loud thread
The real fault is why the fuck are reference cards still shit? What's stopping AMD or Nvidia from making something that rivals MSI or Asus Strix level of heatsink/fan cooling?
Is it literally just by the time they dump a reference graphics card onto the consumer market, they've already put their attention and resources towards the next two things?

>Running at Tmax is going to severely degrade the life of the die and some of the closest components.
Probably but it's been 10 years and that PC still runs fine, even the graphics card. By the time shit breaks it'll be so old that nobody cares.
I've always wondered what's going on with people who buy these super expensive sapphire nitro and evga ftw cards with crazy cooling that start losing fans and having the gpu desolder itself within a few years.

I like it hot

but only if its faster and cheaper than nvidia alternative.

It isn't, but it doesn't say anything about the actual GPU.

Thunderbird called and wanted its argument back.

And here I am with two Gigabyte GTX 1070's which max at 70C while being quite quiet.

no no no this cannot be happening!