This is planned obsolescence by Apple™

This is planned obsolescence by Apple™

Attached: 1563400418033.jpg (2714x1527, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlvlgmjMi98
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WREKD

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH

How does one put in a fake battery? And how does an iPhone tell?

>How does one put in a fake battery?
You buy a replacement battery online from china
>And how does an iPhone tell?
There's probably a proprietary component only found in Apple batteries

>fake
that shit happens even with original batteries from another apel shit

>There's probably a proprietary component only found in Apple batteries

Nawww, you can even buy an official battery and replace it... still will not work. Apple flashes something to the battery that makes it just werk.

Attached: 5662F29C34554253807B69ACC16F2AD6.jpg (1024x576, 125K)

yikes

Oh wow holy shit. Louise was right.

youtube.com/watch?v=GlvlgmjMi98

Imagine willingly buying Apple.

Anyone thinking it has anything to do with Apple batteries is retarded, they simply detect if you take the battery out and only the geniuses have the tool to disable the "alarm" chip shit, their laptops are going to have something similar where the OS verifies that it's an apple device based on a special apple chip so hackintosh won't be a thing soon

I don’t update my iPhone, mostly because it’ll be like “haha fucking upgrade” and slow my 7 down.

the worst part is the audience apple caters to, doesn't even care about any of this, so they can easily get away with this. Evident enough when they took away the fucking headphone jack and are still making iPhone's without headphone jacks.

ifixit article stated that you have to desolder the texas instruments ic from the battery that was in the phone and solder it on the replacement battery if you want to do it yourself
(this only applies to newest gayphones)

>headphone jack
Look at the damage control from Oneplus and Samsung fanboys

ITODDLERS BTFO
BATTERIES
THAT ARE
FUCKING
OBSOLETE

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

even genuine apple batteries get this message
so apple has some some fucking id with each battery that has to match
this

>their laptops are going to have something similar where the OS verifies that it's an apple device based on a special apple chip so hackintosh won't be a thing soon
People who claim this know jackshit about hackintoshes.
Intel Macs have had a proprietary chip (The SMC) which since their first iterations. One of the only things that you must install in every hackintosh is a kernel extension called "FakeSMC", else the OS will refuse to boot.
The T2 is no different, it will get faked eventually, just like the SMC.

What phone does Jouise use?

Once it gets faked they'll make a new one to replace it.

Used to have this exact problem with my Canon Ixus camera. Didn't recognise 3rd party batteries.
Lexmark had a chip in their toner cartridges to identify genuine ones from 3rd party ones. But the chip had an expiry timer so that the cartridge couldn't be refurbished. Except that a refilling outfit reverse engineered the chip and made their own. They also won the court case. Lexmark had to let them do it.
Nothing new.

None of this us surprising. Apple makes a killing off of screwing their customers and they've long since learned that 99% of people will just lie down and take it and keep buying apple shit.

>digging up some literally fucking nothing shit from almost two years ago
You’re getting very desperate, seethefag.

Based

>battery health feature that uses chip embedded within the battery doesn't work on a battery that doesn't have the chip
>"OH NOEZ MUH PLANNED OBSOLECSENRSECE!!1"
I'm starting to thing the majority of the people who use the phrase "planned obsolescence" don't even know what it means

Attached: unimpressed frog man transparent.png (904x864, 119K)

someone should call them out for contributing to global warming until they change that shit

blasted

it happens with original Apple batteries taken out brand new iPhones

It is like cars. You can put in a new legitimate component and the light will still burn to check "whatever".

An apple "technician" prob has to hook it up to a service computer and turn off some kind of switch/setting for it to go off.

The car service industry has used the same scam for years now.

Mainly covering their asses because exploding iPhones in china have been caused by third party battery replacements.

You people are legitimately retarded. Apple has built their brand on high quality products with very high reliability not marred by incidents like exploding Note 7’s. If they don’t tightly control repairs then you have shit like soccer moms going to Pajeets Phone Repair replacing batteries with Chinese knockoffs that explode or glass that’s nowhere near Apples spec. Apple has insanely high tolerances and they don’t want to mess up their reputation because you want to take your phone to some uncertified phone repair store.

street shit harder iJeet

Attached: 1540712627574.jpg (800x3140, 784K)

Because it usually is the users fault. Charging them at high temps and using gas station chargers. I’ve never heard of an iPhone being fucking banned by the TSA so I wonder which is the problem?

see

I did, what’s your point? One was an unverified claim, one was a retard who fell asleep with it under his arm while charging (high heat), and touch disease they fixed. Maybe if your handle on the English language was better you could pick better sources Rajeesh.

see

@72333772
OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1542538974432.png (1013x882, 726K)

>being this afraid of giving someone a (you)

That’s a significantly smaller number than Note 7s. If you have to make a mountain out of a molehill you’ve already lost.

oof

they have their own chip that runs diagnostics on start up, if a component doesnt match the list on the chip then its not genuine. you have to go directly to apple for repair cause only they know how to access said chip and update the list for the new parts.

Stallman said he checked out Jow Forums but didn't like it due to how inane it was. I understand why. Everyone here, ironically, acts like toddlers while calling Apple users iToddlers. No discussion to be had anywhere. You would think this board would be sophisticated.

Apple should have added an option to dismiss the notification and allow monitoring which requires you to enter passcode. If the phone is reset the thing goes back up again. That way you can't sell a phone with a "bad" battery without people knowing. Easy fix.

I understand why they would want to do this. Plenty of shops give cheap ass batteries or don't do a good job. Even if you use a genuine battery they want someone certified to verify it. Because cheap shops may do a poor installation. You're also supposed to add a new seal after you change the battery for the waterproofing. I doubt a shop gives a fuck about that, not like you'll be able to tell.

People seem to forget that precious Samsung got an entire line of phones outlawed. Not to mention that, if I'm not mistaken, Samsung makes it impossible to even TRY to change your battery because the screen with break or something due to the glue they use instead of screws.

fuck off shill

back to your designated shitting street ijeet

>battery without the chip to give data to the phone doesn't give the phone data

omg what omg apple so bad

you have to go settings -> battery -> battery health just to see that information

let them, it took 13 years for them to make a new one.

lol no

The T2 chip handles encryption of the drive, touch ID payments and is the SSD controller.

Just like touch ID parts on phones haven't been copied that work with the phone

It's literally an ID in the battery matched with the phone. You could steal a proper battery from an apple store, replace that battery with your own, and because a "genius" didn't verify the battery you're given a message which attempts to devalue the phone and scare the user into getting an applel certified replacement.

B

stop being poor

Congrats. Now let me send you any of a number of SMS messages that will brick your phone and force you to factory reset without a chance to backup data in order to use it again.

b

oof

Apple btfo

Attached: 1543154329092.png (1302x800, 143K)