Python 2.X vs 3.X

Hey guys, I am learning python and have literally 0 industry experience, also the book I am using is from 2013. Is 3.X used widely now or only for sandboxing?

Attached: cat.gif (180x236, 15K)

Python 2 loses official support in 2020; Python 3 is the one to learn.

Thanks user, am I making a bad choice in language? I am going with O'Reilly and actually want to learn the language instead of using stack overflow. My goal is to use this to help me in machine learning/automation.
Not sure what languages are based.

Python is shit.

Python when possible, C if you must. Live by these words.

Python is the de facto machine learning language.

agreed, but everyone shits.

>python book
>a mouse

What does it imply?

>am I making a bad choice in language?
There are very very small differences between 2 and 3. You will work them out with ease.

Build the right trap and it'll churn butter for you

Python 3 is the way to go. Using O'Reilly books on the other way... Not really. There are better ways to learn it, OP.

Rust when possible, C++ if you must.

What about coffee language. Is learning the needful a possibility?

Attached: 51DaaG-YtPL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x320, 18K)

>There are better ways user
>provides no alternatives
every time

Attached: 1564673480649.jpg (255x292, 28K)

>didn't make it rhyme
"When possible Rust, when you must C++"

What's the best ide for python, or in general? Visual Studio?

Best is no ide, pycharm is acceptable

emacs + jedi

pycharm is good ide, vim good editor

It implies that the Python language is referencing Monty Python and not the actual creature.

Unironically qhats so great about python? Arent there other scripting languages?

Python is a great choice.

Can we atleast agree that go is better than python.

Absolutely no way in hell.

I think it's mostly because the language itself isn't absolutely horrible, the ecosystem is very large and somewhat mature, and it's very easy to write C extensions (especially with Cython)

Last month at work I sped up a routine that took 5 hours to take 15 minutes just by rewriting 200 LOC to reasonably fast Cython in a 10k LOC project. The point is that Python is very slow, but you can make it fast if you must.

vim

Learn R instead RStudio has great package management and just works, while a lot bad could happen while using python 2/3 venv pip clusterfuck

Python is shit.
I'm forced to use python2 for a lot of binary exploitation stuff because py3 fucks up string output for ASCII chars and breaks my buffer overflows.

I love using Python in my projects for tooling rather than business logic.
pre-commit framework is a lifesaver.

Try R for machine learning, much cleaner.