Sup guys just got an iPhone XR

Sup guys just got an iPhone XR
However YouTube doesn’t let me watch 1080p videos

I actually checked and this phone doesn’t even have a 1080p screen.

How is that possible guys wtf I’m so mad at apple

Attached: 26AF9147-35DA-4F88-B2A7-A0A7BBAD3BA7.jpg (437x702, 36K)

it has nothing to do with the screen, youtube only lets you watch in h264

if susan decided that video dosent get 1080p you are shit out of luck

Because Apple can't code and instead relies on their hardware having about the same PPI, which they picked based on feasibility like 8 years ago.

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple users themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

This can't be real.

Why does YouTube insist on creating a fucking terrible experience?
>no, sorry, you can't have picture-in-picture unless you pay for it, and even then it's only on Android (even though iOS is capable of it lmao)
>nope, sorry, you have to watch in h264
>no, you can't listen to a video in the background while you do something else unless you either pay us or
>nah, gotta watch 2 ads in a row first (and then 5 more during, and then one more after the video's over lol)

>why? because we hate you. we hate this trashy company and we're going to make you hate it too.

Sorry bud, I don't know that feel.

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-214211.jpg (2280x1080, 149K)

You spend 700$++ dollars and you didn't even check the specs? I think you are lost buddy, Reddit is that way

You can literally change the resolution of the video to 1080p, my iPhone 6 can do this.

They gotta make money somehow.
PiP works for free on American Android phones.

Your iPhone 6 doesn't have a 720p display, XR does

If you are on android why aren't you using youtube vanced? Are you retarded?

ITODDLED

Pixel density is the same as the XR, the 6 has a higher resolution than 720p, but does not have a 1080p display, the point is, even if your display isn't as big, you can still benefit from a higher playback resolution. Also, OP is lying because you can in fact watch 1080p video streams on your iPhone XR, it just won't output as 1080p.

>pays 750 for apple's 'budget' phone
>not even 1080p
>no headphone jack
>sub-par camera
>spends 400on googles budget phone
>1080p screen
>headphone jack
>superior camera
fucking applefag

>>pays 750 for apple's 'budget' phone
No one said it was their budget phone except you. It's the 'normal' edition, essentially.
>>not even 1080p
No one seems to care. It's not as good a display as that found on the XS and XS Max, but it's not bad.
>>no headphone jack
Applies to literally everything that isn't the Pixel 3a and Galaxy S10/S10+
>>sub-par camera
DxO gave it the highest rating for a single lens phone.

>>spends 400on googles budget phone
p screen
dude 1080p lmao. Nothing about a display matters outside of pixel density. Nothing at all.
>>headphone jack
Pixel 4 won't have it, Pixel 3 and 3 XL didn't have it. This is probably going to be one of the last phones to have one built in. It's better to jump ship and just use the new standards than go out of your way to try to hang on to the old ones that are actively being phased out.
>>superior camera
Yeah, that's kinda the Pixel's whole thing. It's basically a camera with a phone attached.

Do keep in mind Google dropped support for Nexus 6P, 5X and original Pixels after only two years.

>youtube vanced exists so everything YouTube does is ok

Why would you need 1080p on a phone?

This. I can set 4K on my X and it doesn’t have that resolution.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: Screenshot_20190727-160054~2.png (1301x980, 680K)

>Why does YouTube insist on creating a fucking terrible experience?
>>nope, sorry, you have to watch in h264
If you knew anything about codecs, you'd knew apple devices dont have a decoder for vp8 / vp9, which is what youtube uses for every resolution, and exclusively for anything beyond 1080p video.
Subhuman monkey cumbrain iphone user, enjoy your device

1080p on a screen that fits in your hands. Lmao. You can even tell the difference at this size

Lol what a cuck, enjoy your $800 device

>Do keep in mind Google dropped support for Nexus 6P, 5X and original Pixels after only two years.
2016 pixels will even get the Q upgrade...

Someone did his homework

Attached: png.jpg (600x600, 38K)

> falling for this D tier bait thread
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Are you using a cellular connection? YouTube automatically restricts the maximum resolution at 720P.

is this a sony