Not sure where this post belongs

Not sure where this post belongs.

What's the obstacle to shielding spacecraft with composite metal foam? It's impact resistant, radiation resistant (I wonder if it produces bremsstrahlung radiaton), lightweight. Is it only because it's stupid expensive?

Attached: compositemetalfoam.jpg (1500x844, 362K)

> Those holes
Fuck you

Probably /sci/ or /diy/.
This board is just an extension to /v/ with a little bit of Jow Forums here and there.

>getting triggered by little holes

Attached: 1565841341295.png (340x314, 236K)

>oh no the internet showed me a meme fear that I subscribed to cuz I'm 16 :( :'( :((((((

calcanhar de maracuja

clusters* of holes, and it's called trypophobia. You can say edgy shit about it like you want to drag your dick across them, but you don't unironically like them. It's just bad subject matter, man.

sorry we only allow graphics cards discussion here, try /sci/

Looks like that'd be a nightmare to QA, given the unique issues spacecraft encounter.

Also what's the radiation absorption for aluminum or titanium foam? If it's not incredible (and I don't see why it would be) then it's just extra weight, very dead weight.

metal foams conduct heat very efficiently, which is bad when the shielding has to act as a secondary heat resistance layer behind ceramic tiles.

I guess i have the opposite of it since i like to rub my fingers on them.

This but without the mean part of the post.

>326633▶
>Probably /sci/ or /diy/.
So a little bit of autism mixed with mental retardation? Better take my business elsewhere.

>what's the obstacle
(((they))) are.

He mentioned impact resistance, this means the foam would be the outermost layer.

well that would be even worse, wouldn't it? very high conductivity is exactly the opposite of what you want, unless you want cooked astronauts

>bremsstrahlung radiaton
strahlung already means radiation

I see what you did there, OP

Attached: kike.jpg (1500x844, 712K)

they remind me of beer foam which I enjoy so actually yeah i do unironically like them

Not smooth, more surface area and friction = more heat on reentry

>What's the obstacle to shielding spacecraft with composite metal foam?
Absolutely nothing is stopping them since it's being used.

If it's for radiation and micrometeorite protection then you're using it on a spacecraft that spends an awful long time in space and potentially isn't meant for reentry.

2 pt deduction for filename, 8/10

Do I have to stop posting girls too because some faggot here might be offended by girls? Fuck off.

They're actually just holes you massive retard

identical artificial holes are totally fine, it's the uneven natural ones that are freaky

Attached: sandstone.jpg (1065x750, 214K)

>Not sure where this post belongs.
/sci/