Imagine being a TNigger or filthy IPSant in the age of OLED

Imagine being a TNigger or filthy IPSant in the age of OLED

Attached: Untitled-1-01.jpg (1000x1000, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/32gk850g-b
store.asus.com/us/item/201906AM130000002/ASUS ProArt PQ22UC 4K HDR OLED Professional Portable Monitor – 21.6-inch, 4K, OLED, 99% DCI-P3, 0.1ms Response Time, HDR-10, HLG, Dolby Vision, Hardware Calibration?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhdTqBRDNARIsABsOl9_3p8TQHEBLxmu6W0Nh7eC-Hw2daDgRO3PhDOS7ctZEbhsQy8Iyr3gaAmSuEALw_wcB
sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x800g-x805g-x807g-series/specifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oled is for fags lol

Imagine being an OLEDiot in the age of MicroLED and quantum dot displays

Poorfag cope

Imagine not propelling electrons at a phosphor screen.

Imagine not just uploading the image right into your brain

>MicroLED
Vaporware
>quantum dot displays
Stopgap technology when used in pair with LCD panels. Poor dynamic resolution, shit contrast, overpriced.

Enjoy your cancer, CRTfag

>quantum dot displays
t. Samjeet marketer pretending it's different technology from LCD

>he couldn't afford the 700k euro 219" Crystal LED reference monitor
You're the one who needs to cope poorfag

Attached: serveimage.jpg (3840x2160, 1.38M)

>700k euro
What's that, like 50 bucks?

*starts with poor calibration and lack of uniformity*
*burns in*

Watch less CNN you fucking pozzed boomer

>just watch less TV
lmao nice excuse OLEDiots

okay now I'm curious what was

>buying a TV to watch cable
lmao

the absolute state of poorfags

Imagine being a MicroPENIS and cuck dot in the age of dual layer LCD

I still like OLED tho it's the fastest and deepest

Attached: 1535696269916.jpg (1200x582, 101K)

>Poor dynamic resolution
>dynamic resolution
what the fuck does that even mean?

Attached: 1528676604271.gif (400x211, 779K)

Imagine paying 10 times the price for only double the resolution.

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-200246_Firefox.jpg (720x1480, 294K)

>fastest and deepest
heh, nice words choice. Are you so used to saying those that they were the first thing that came to your mind?

Imagine the burn-in in that screen.

>tell gf I want to upgrade us to an OLED tv
>she doesn't care
>order it online
>she sees the receipt in our email
>goes fucking ballistic over how much it cost
>forces me to cancel it

Attached: 1553067418728.jpg (240x250, 12K)

Cuck

Imagine destroying you eyes even faster.

>he doesnt have a pico-scale holographic emitter
Sad!

>destroying you eyes even faster
What did this brainlet mean by that?

i don't really care how good a screen looks and can live with whatever

t. laptop w/ tn panel, $90 ips monitor from staples

Based plasmachad

Seething yuropoor

The only comparable display tech available right is OLED and they have the same problem.

EUR is worth more than USD, retard

BASED

Attached: octarian.png (630x1518, 121K)

Cope

Browser and OS UI burned in isn't much better.

Based gf protecting your bank account from useless tech purchases.

Same, I love motion blur.

you got told what to do by your gf?
Not your wife, but a gf?
Hahahahhaahahahh holy fucking faggot

Attached: Check out this cunt.gif (155x173, 949K)

More like IPSaint. OLEDOA doesn't even last as long as your erection.

You're using it wrong

Your gf was right but you're still a fucking beta soiboi insect

More like IPiSs glowing in the dark can never ever reach true blacks. FALD is some retarded Minecraft cope IPiSsants came up with to get an inch closer to based CHADMOLED.

Low effort and low energy /v/eddit tier post

Elevated levels of cope

>says the faggot who made the thread
lol

Cope harder, bro

Dual-Layer LED is the future (And it's beautiful).

based

Call me when manufacturers figure out how to make oled screens without burn-in and darkening-over-time issues. as far as I care, right now they're useless for anything other than TV/movies, and even then only for things without persistent UI elements, so no boomer news networks or sportsball channels either.
Also oled in phones is just another case of planned obsolescence.

>Also oled in phones is just another case of planned obsolescence.
Just get a new one, poorfag

>not self-emissive
Into the trash

Browser and OS? I'm pretty sure I'm using them the way they meant to be used.

so you agree then, that it's a case of planned obsolescence

Or a VAgina

>contrast issue
>burn in issue
>premature blue light dimming issue
Okay

>t. OLEDiot
*laughs in VAmpire*

>only double the resolution
Yeah I sure enjoy watching HDR content on my 10 year old plasma, those 150 nits peak brightness sure are impressive. This amount of coping is hilarious.

Attached: 1452224152932.jpg (512x523, 20K)

>buzzwords
OP, your lack of understanding of why people prefer TN and IPS over OLED even when money isn't a problem is retarded.
Consider suicide

the problem with OLED is that their reasonable life span is really only on the scale of a few years. which is fine for smartphones and tablets but absolutely not for durable equipment and degradation makes it completely unacceptable for use in a monitor

yes i like the oled screen in my smartphone and i will keep buying oled smartphones but that is because the oled is not the shortest lifespan component in the device and the battery, memory, or glass will probably fail before the OLED does. on a monitor? no way dude

TN is really garbage in general though. IPS is an okay compromise for monitors regarding motion blur, input lag and viewing angles. A 120+Hz VA monitor with good black uniformity is the best all around option though. Something like this for example: rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/32gk850g-b

one of the biggest reasons that IPS displays became so popular was because they entirely negated the biggest flaws with LCD monitors up until that point and ten years ago people were willing to make compromises in refresh rate and response time just so they could get a monitor that didn't change depending on what angle you look at it

i don't know if TN panels are still as bad as they used to be but the fact that there is an entirely new technology to compromise between the image quality of IPS and the performance of TN makes me think that such a thing never happened. and quite frankly i still wouldn't be willing to compromise from IPS to a different technology because IPS still isn't as impressive as a CRT monitor. i'm not going to pretend that the forty pound difference in weight didn't change the state of the market considerably due to ease of logistics and manufacturing but we're still balancing compromises and i would rather have better image quality than high framerate performance

VA is just as terrible as TN except it's only redeemable quality is contrast instead of response time. You were right about IPS and should have stopped here.

>VAmpire
Pretty fitting considering that bats are blind.

Attached: oled vs va grays.png (1364x852, 1.32M)

>Spending thousands more to add extra clarity to your compressed as fuck low bitrate 720/1080p streams

Maximum overgoy

Sure, keep on deluding yourself that you can tell the difference between 2-3 milliseconds of g2g response time.

Let me know when OLED monitors are a thing.

I mean, they sort of are. Razer is putting OLED into their new laptop, but why the fuck would you want OLED in a computer monitor? There are so many static elements, and it's a proven fact that burn-in is a problem with OLED.

store.asus.com/us/item/201906AM130000002/ASUS ProArt PQ22UC 4K HDR OLED Professional Portable Monitor – 21.6-inch, 4K, OLED, 99% DCI-P3, 0.1ms Response Time, HDR-10, HLG, Dolby Vision, Hardware Calibration?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhdTqBRDNARIsABsOl9_3p8TQHEBLxmu6W0Nh7eC-Hw2daDgRO3PhDOS7ctZEbhsQy8Iyr3gaAmSuEALw_wcB

That'll be $4k for something that'll look like shit in a year, friendo.

why would a non-wife be in control of your finances? tell her fuck off, even if she is correct.

I can. And even then, 200 Hz is as high as it goes for IPS monitors, and at that range, there's always some tradeoff with higher prices to boot (4K 200 Hz monitor but only runs 4K at 120 Hz and 200 Hz runs only at 1080p or some retarded shit like that). Asus expects you to spend 1000 USD for a monitor like that, henc why TN is still better for those who want higher frequencies. You could make the argument that perhaps 200 vs 240 Hz makes no difference, but again, better viewing angles and only slightly improved contrast and colors from a decent TN monitor don't justify doubling prices at an already very high end of the spectrum. Atleast not to me.

The black g2g times on VA are above 20ms.

OLED
pros blacked
cons panning judder

Still use IPS for certain TV shows

OLED is nice for most 2160p non-action movie though desu

no it isn't some VA tv's are

Enjoy your unfixable screen burn with Your hentai or BBC forever imprinted on the screen faggot.

Attached: IMG_20160324_145852451.jpg (360x640, 32K)

and there are many many va tv's with virtually undetectable black trail/smear
this isn't even the best either and it can get better
it's also possible to make a viewing angle filter so ips only avantage gets deleted

Attached: 1563631609902.jpg (3840x2160, 3.15M)

>HDR
That's, like, a total meme dude.

>what are shifting pixels
>what are screensavers

who the hell leaves a static image on a screen for 6 hours

Oled burn in is awful

10ms average. It's still 20ms for blacks, you fucking retard. Learn punctuation.
Don't forget to make color accuracy filter and "unfuck my fonts" filter while you're at it.

Attached: 123.jpg (600x400, 85K)

Totalignorance.jpg the post.
>the age of MicroLED
No just no. Do you even know how microled panels work idiot? Do you understand the power requirements and the subsequent heat production? Do you get that the nature of a modular design and the size of individual panels are still a problem? Do you get that it is still an emissive dt and thus any concerns applied to oled panels probably hold true here too?. No you dont know shit and your following statement makes it clear as to why: you are samsung nigger that reads CNET after CES and thinks he understands panel tech. Microled is years away and it all depends on one company right now :Sony. Even if they push it and solve all of the aforementioned problems+the cost there is still the issue of Sony, as a company, not being interested in monitor size panels. So no faggot kun. Whatever your eceleb youtuber told you, the age of MicroLed is not even close for TVs and not even a remote possibilty for pc monitor/phone screens right now.
>and quantum dot displays
See how i know you are a zoom zoom that knows jack shit about panel tech? Newsflash faggot. QD didnt happen into the market with Samsung shitty Qleds. It was being developed since the early 2000s in Palo Alto, Massachuset and England by three different companies and originally it was not even aimed at the TV market. It just so happened that Sony showed an interest in 08 and licensed the tech(exclusively) for the next 5 years.The first qd tvs hit the market in 2012 with the new Triluminos display and Sony had to devote 4 years and hundreds of millions so that their new BionzX that went on Tvs with said panels could achieve accurate colour rep and not an overaaturated mess. Sony pulled out after 2015 as it is simply not worth the cost. The gook niggers on the other hand behave like Apple : marketing marketing marketing and to hell with RnD. This is why even to this day every single year the top Sony led still outperforms everything(non Oled)in color accuracy.

what a garbage logo

>No just no

Attached: inoperable.png (571x618, 53K)

Cont So no, idiot. The age of qdot is not here. It s come and gone CAUSE noone is investing into its further development. The tech has PEAKED.You like it or not Oled is here,with its flaws, and it will stay here till Panasonic and Sony say otherwise aka when they innovate again and the Gook niggers have something to rip off and market the hell out of it. You disgust me you fucking normie. I could tolorate you breathing but you thinking you are entitled to an opinion is infuriating. Neck yourself at the first opportunity.

First good post ITT

> Sony pulled out after 2015 as it is simply not worth the cost
What? Sony TV lineup has Triluminos displays starting with X800G.

average is the standard measurement you dunce and that's only for 100% transition it's actually much faster and if you had any clue what you were posting about that fact would be blaringly obvious from the photo i posted that looks equal to the fastest tn panels in terms of gtg artifacts
text quality is not an intrinsic property of VA either that's a property of subpixel layout and type of screen coating used.

i seriously hope you didn't buy an expensive ips panel monitor unless you work as a graphic designer and your job requires it otherwise va looks better for everything and that's why high end tv uses va not ips

Dont fall for marketing mate. Triluminos was a marketing term that Sony decided to pull out of its grave. In fact they first used in the Wega era and attached to their hand assembled Qualia tv. Go to Sony's site and notice something on the triluminos page: no mention of qdots since 2016 irrc. Afaik the Triluminos term is not TOTALLY empty nowadays. I think i remember Vincent mentioning that the X95 model indeed had qd filter but nowadays you can bet your sweet ass Triluminos guarantees one thing and one thing only:extended colour mapping on the processor side(bionzX). The x800g is a good example of this : regular Ips panel(think the 75" is VA) , plain old backlit, no qd filter. As for the RnD part. Since Joled was formed the writting was on the wall : Oled is their focus.

I'd go as far as to say it's not acceptable for smartphones either. Yes, OLED has advantages for phones because of better visibility in direct sunlight. But that's simply not worth the ticking timebomb of burn-in. Especially since phones, like home computers, rely on persistent UI elements.

Some people say it's not a big deal because normalfags upgrade their phones so often anyway, but there really isn't any reason why you should need to upgrade after just a few years.

better viewability in direct sunlight is a massive advantage particularly for smartphones

most people replace their phones before burn in would matter

what i hate about oled on smartphone is they all flicker even if you can't see it it causes hideous eye strain not a problem on tvs tho

>extended colour mapping on the processor side(bionzX)
It's completely pointless if the panel can't physically reproduce out-of-gamut colors. You can crank up saturation in a software video player but after going up a bit you'll notice that you've started losing details and the colors don't get any more vivid. Sony doesn't use bionzX in their TVs, only DSLRs. TVs have a signal processor called X-Reality Pro.
>The x800g is a good example of this : regular Ips panel
Triluminos is listed in specs. X800G has QD instead of plain color filters which is confirmed by RTings.
sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x800g-x805g-x807g-series/specifications

post wife pic with her black bull

except even on that 30k monitor the blacks are NOT as deep as OLED, just close. the only real advantage it has is very good HDR support which it achieves by ramping up jey engine fans.

only the earliest plasmas burned in regularly, and even then you had to go out of your way like with OLED. anything post 2007 isn't going to burn in even with desktop/gaming/news use unless you leave it on a static image for literal weeks at a time.

>HDR
Meme brought to you by people who stare at the sun

OLED herrenrasse reporting in.

I'm in my second week with this thing, and i'm still getting blown away by the screen, downloaded some 60 gig sized Avengers Endgame torrent and i simply can not take my desktop screen serious any more.

Attached: csm_Gigabyte_Aero_15_OLED_XA_2_4ab4e4417c.jpg (738x553, 51K)

well yes, but it's also in a catch 22 situation: OLED doesn't get bright enough for "real" HDR (1000+ nits), but it is emissive, so it displays contrasting light and dark better anyways. the displays that DO reach 1000+ nits are uniformly or zone lit. even with dual-layer the effects of being non-emissive are going to cause haloing and other artifacts that makes those popping bright spots on the screen when using HDR look bad.

is this a pentile though? I would want full RGB or nothing

It's not the same sized uniform pixels if that's what you mean, the pixels have differnet life times so to counteract this the pixels have different size.

so pentile. thanks but no thanks. pentile is literally a fake resolution, that's why only phones use it.

Mate i work in the industry. Ok bad start, let's avoid the "dude trust me" road.This is what i said in my earlier post : the Triluminos term stayed the QD went the way of the dodo. Watch ifa2017 interviews : sony reps were cagey when asked about it but they said they werent using qds in the x930 to achieve the wider color gamut but a different kind of tech. Triluminos is still here in name, qds are gone and the speculation in the industry is that all that remains is bionzx and fine tuned algos. Now mind you the x930 was a 4k$ tv and sony was already ditchin the qds. Having sub $1000 tv with qd filters would be a waste of money unless you are certain to move millions of units with subpar edge lit configs that quite honestly make qd "pointless". Sony doesnt have samsungs market penetration, they are not a "buy the name" brand anymore. Samsung can afford to stick qled logo on a toaster and be sure they ll sell like hotcakes.

It's a 15 inch laptop. 4k resolution is completely overblown for it, i can put my face to the screen and see no pixels. I'd have prefered a QHD resolution but sadly no one's doing this for laptops.