Volume on Wharfedale speakers fluctuates while using phone as source

So I have some old wharfedale speakers, connected to a kenwood Ka-54 amp, then a 2rca to 3.5mm out cable to my phone the pocophone f1, i have my phone on max volume plugged in playing music. seemingly at random it'll go quiet for a bit then loud again.

What is happening? phone can't send out good signal or is my original 2 rca to 3.5mm cable shit?

Attached: keeenwood.png (402x261, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thewarehouse.co.nz/p/projecta-multimeter-digital/R2049889.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1268368?ds_rl=1268368&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhdTqBRDNARIsABsOl9_iQ7ppRXMJiLXaJ9QcmWvuIcqHP6-CzVqgEjgp2aZUyjWhGHmMgS8aAoGkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont know shit about AV.
bump

I'm no expert but from my experience if you're doing analog out from your phone you shouldn't have it at 100% volume, just do like 75% to avoid distortion. Also you're not getting notifications that are dimming your audio for a second are you?

Test it if headphones/IEM's does this same
If no, maybe it is the amp
Try using another source to double check if it's the amp

Notifications on phones can lower the volume too

Just check where the problems exists, don't you know how to problem find?

nah make sure to turn wifi off all the time. will try the volume thing.

Don't have 6.35mm adapter to test the amp with headphones cos i be dumb. will try with my thinkpad. Usually i do but i don't have many resources.

Ahhh okay, well that happens too
But just try using a different source and see if it's the source that's the problem
It is an old amp so it wouldn't be wierd if the amp was the problem either

If you're still left clueless try taking it to the local hi-fi guy, maybe he can look into it
I hope that it's easily fixable

Me too haha. Just wanna listen to my tunes.

wifi/bluetooth has no effect. turn off network.

i just go airplane mode, and all of my interference related issues disappear

You need a pre-amp between the amp and the phone

I thought my amp had one built in?

The STK module in your integrated amplifier is failing. You wouldn't believe the amount of those that fail in the summer. Be careful, when those modules fail they sometimes slam the speaker outputs against a supply rail, sending ~40V DC into the speakers and frying them.
This is why I' personally don't use a single STK-based amp
You don't need a preamp, your amplifier does have one built in.
t. I fix those, I get at least three STK-based integrateds every summer.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (800x600, 60K)

Well nevermind that, that amp must be the first low-end integrated from that era with discrete transistors I've seen.
Still, everything on my post applies. Take it to a technician before it potentially blows your speakers.

except it's winter in my country. thanks will look into this.

My phone dims audio when calls or texts come in when phone is set to vibrate/silent.

nah i've checked and it is not from texts or any sort of notification.

Is there any way to check this before i pay a lotta money to get it checked out?

If all you want is to check for DC offset (the thing that'll fry your speakers), you can buy a cheap multimeter and check the DC voltage at the speaker outputs. If it's higher than 100mV or so, you should worry.
You can also try changing sources (as in pressing the buttons on the amp) when it goes quiet, to discard dirty contacts in the source selector.
Any other diagnostic procedures require opening the amp to inspect it.

would this one be good? thewarehouse.co.nz/p/projecta-multimeter-digital/R2049889.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1268368?ds_rl=1268368&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhdTqBRDNARIsABsOl9_iQ7ppRXMJiLXaJ9QcmWvuIcqHP6-CzVqgEjgp2aZUyjWhGHmMgS8aAoGkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just shove one of the little metal pole things in the speaker power holes right?

Jow Forums - Tech support

That's awfully expensive for such a simple meter, those cost six to ten bucks over here.
But yes, any meter with a milivolt range will do.

it's $25nzd = $16usd, might be able to find something cheaper but that store is close by, and we have stupid import fees hence the price.