Tv future proof

I want to buy TV that i can have for atleast 5 years and will be good for the 2020 next gen consoles. I know to look for 4K & 120hz but is there anything else i should have my eye on? Whats the best gaming Tv out there?

Attached: tvv.jpg (1143x797, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_rx_5700_and_5700_xt_review,13.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy a CRT.

no matter how much money you spend the speaker will always be on the back facing the opposite direction. build an ant farm and watch ants.

Wait for HDMI 2.1 to hit mainstream, future consoles will most likely make use of it.

t.

Attached: 1548095393812.gif (300x169, 1.88M)

You are delusional if you think ps5/xbox will hit frames over 60, even the most high end PC's struggle to hit 4k 60fps in AAA games. HDMI 2.1 is a meme will stay so for years to come.

>HDMI 2.1
can't even 8k 60Hz
only if you plan on staying at 4k

wait for the new consoles first. also look for variable refresh rate and hdr if you’re into that. disregard 8k.

>5 years
>future proof
Dumbass

Or just buy the LG C9 now.

Ofcourse they won't hit 4k60fps except from fps games such as cod and bf
The ps5 and Xbox will have between rtx 2080 and 2080 ti performance

I had have my TV for over 7 years without problems.

But I'm not a child so a don't do any "gaming" in it.

Looking at the performance of the RX 5700 & XT and the predicted die size of the PS5 it should be able to scale up to 4k@60 fps at medium settings. The 1080 Ti is basically the bare minimum to reliably reach that framerate and in newer DX12 titles the cards perform very closely even with tiny Navi 10 dies which are half the size.
guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_rx_5700_and_5700_xt_review,13.html

The consoles are targeting 4k30 high or ultra though

next gen consoles will not render at 4k or 120hz

Most TVs at 120 Hz are faking it and would make gaming fucking awfup

Next level cope

What are you basing that on? I find it more likely devs will try to maintain 60 fps with dynamic resolution.

Because with each generation they targeted higher resolutions than before and the next target from 1080p is 4k

Except we never had consistent 1080p even before dynamic resolution was around either. Most titles on the xbox 360 ran at 900p because your average player will notice framerate dips much more than minor resolution scaling.

I don't know about Xbox 360 but ps3 always ran games at 720p

Don't because everything will look like blurry shit until that jump happens.

Besides it doesn't make sense to go any lower than a 2080 performance wise for the consoles

The new Sony oled would be my choice. 8k is not worth it.

>buying a TV
>in year 2019

The absolute state of Boomers

21 inch va gamur monitor is all I need in my house

>The ps5 and Xbox will have between rtx 2080 and 2080 ti performance
lul.
console hardware is much slower than "equivalent" pc hardware their cpu and gpu clock speeds are much less or they'll throttle with the jank ass cooling solutions they use in their tiny case. superior optimization is a meme as well apples to apples comparison of console game vs pc port always runs better on pc. furthermore pc can be overclocked as almost all enthusiasts do and that obliterates the comparison. console shoulda stuck with making games that play well on a pad and not compete with pc.

> OLED

Absolute AIDS

At least wait for Micro LEDs or something else that doesn't have such terrible burn-ins.

OLED is in a price bracket where the only people who buy it can afford to replace once burn in occurs and also rtings test shows it takes a looooooooooong time for burn in to happen. Tech enthusiasts don't keep their TV for 10+ years anyway something vastly superior always comes out every 3-5 years. If you have the money to bu OLED and don't and consider yourself and enthusiast you're a tard.

There's a good chance HDR will be the next big thing for consoles. For proper HDR support, you'll want no less than HDR1000 - anything less is fake HDR for marketing points. That basically limits you to high end Samsung QLED or OLED, which are the only displays capable of the contrast necessary for real HDR.

No they are not, the base ps4 used an underclocked HD 7970 and a shitty laptop cpu brute forced to have 8 cores
Consoles run and will run pc hardware underclocked and specialized for gaming only
Both the ps4 and xbox one run on apus so they are not as hard to cool down, although the console fans are loud as fuck and keep the apu at dangerous temperatures but they do their job
Overclocking gives your 5 to 10% perf increase so its nothing to brag about
Stop acting like consoles are shit when you need 300 dollars for a 3700x and 700 for a 2080 while Sony and ms can get the same hardware for 250 or 300 dollars in total

Still using the 40" 1080p device I got back in 2012 and I'll keep using it till it dies.