Low-angle monitor placement

Why don't we lay our monitors nearly flat?

...or at least at a 35-45* angle?

It's how we read books and even our phones, so...?

Attached: file.png (592x266, 67K)

no way dude thats crazy itll never work

I would if I had a touch screen with pen input.

enjoy your broken neck

Would it be unergonomic to use w/ a normal mouse+keyboard?

No. Most artists already position their tablets similarly, and have the keyboard off to the side for pressing keys while painting.

Seriously, how can I do this?

Would a regular clamp-mount, VESA monitor arm be the best option?

I'd rather keep the monitor as low to the actual desk as possible...I'm trying to think if there's some way to DIY it that's not total shit.

Attached: 1502688372540.png (671x519, 146K)

What if I wanted to tilt it slightly?

AFAIK there's really nothing for this kind of thing on the market, in terms of actual monitor stands

Attached: 418iQ1z-7ZL._AC_SY400_.jpg (363x400, 15K)

I saw that. Does that lay completely flat tho?

They're available. In fact even get monitors had similar desks/hardware to get the same effect, but for CRTs.

Keyboards and other things on your desk
You're required to hold books and phones. It's considered poor posture to be looking down at that angle and arching your back. It's different for easel-style angles because your body has to be more involved.

TN and VA panels can look pretty bad at other angles

Seems like it does, but I suggest shopping around for a different model, because the base doesn't seem like something I'd buy.

Attached: 41aAlpHNANL._AC_SY400_.jpg (345x400, 16K)

>It's how we read books and even our phones
the only reason we do that is because we're too lazy to hold books and phones out at eye level. There's absolutely no benefit to doing this with monitors.

What? The relative angle (to your eyes) is the same - I'm not talking about taking it from 90* in front of me to laying 0* flat on the desk and trying to sit back and look at it from that extreme viewing angle.

I just mean putting it at a slightly-tilted, 35* or so angle and positioning the whole display itself lower (height-wise) on the table.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, looks shit af

I think I've read it is actually good, since the head-tilted-down posture may be more relaxing on your physiology...and thus possibly allow for more freely-flowing thinking, idk

Here just look at pic related, this is my current desk setup, don't mind the crippling autism.

The 4k TV/monitor is too high up, so I'd love to drop it a little, but the lower 24" is as far down as its stand will go. So I need to find a way to DIY a stand that'll keep it as low to the desk as possible, and the only way that'll work is if I also tilt it back a bit (so during regular use I'd be looking slightly down at it)

Attached: file.png (1172x1563, 1.67M)

Leaning forward gets uncomfortable. Tilting your head down will strain the muscles in the back of your neck, and certainly not improve your thinking.
Going back to panel technology, as close as you can possibly get to perpendicular is ideal on TN, though newer ones have improved on that.
Books and phones are nothing like monitors, or TVs, or projectors, or even theatre stages.
Even oil painters tend to position the canvas vertically to cut down on glare and dust accumulation, or so I've heard.

>Tilting your head down will strain the muscles in the back of your neck, and certainly not improve your thinking.
I never had a problem with this, and I've spent most my life, reading, drawing, writing, and sometimes gaming while in that position.

Not op, or the user that you replied to btw.

OP here.
Well ok you're probably right about leaning your head forward&down.
Still though, I'm not sure you understand that your final viewing angle between the flat monitor and your eyes is *still* going to be perpendicular, exactly 90*.
Yes I may have to tilt my head down a bit because the monitor will be lower (z-axis wise) but since it's tilted back to meet the angle of my eyes, it's not like I'm viewing the actual panel from above, or anything like that