The 20 series will die in your lifetime

>the 20 series will die in your lifetime

Attached: 24b7ae3e98376134c6c167a01e71a1fe3d50bea8.png (440x300, 112K)

Good.

Bitch I'm rocking a Z61t
It's 13 years old, it made it this far, I expect it to last another 30 before the board components just outright fail

>all your future laptops will be inferior crap

Attached: two_nooses.jpg (1060x852, 109K)

I can easily use my X220 for the rest of my life, fuck you cunt

any replacement Jow Forumsuys?

No, basically all modern laptops are shit, but maybe someone like Purism or System76 will put their head out of their ass and make a decent fucking laptop

nothing lasts forever, op

This honestly scares me.
I have a t400 and a t420 but the fact that those will fail some day and there are no more laptops with non chiclet 7 row keyboards, trackpoints, comfy status LEDs, good hinges and muh build quality is sad.

Attached: 1536475447119.jpg (640x360, 22K)

this is hilarious because I remember how people didn't like these thinkpads when they came out because they were "modern" chinkpads with widescreens, fingerprint gimmick and touchpad.

fingerprint scanners were even back on the X60 models
you don't have to use the touchpad
but still I prefer the XX00 over XX20 because they have more indicator leds (on the front and back of the screen), 16x10, keyboard without the retarded big escape and delete and easy to disable intel ME

That's why I have 3 identical x200.
One for daily use, two other as backups for when the first one bites the dust

I'm new to Jow Forums and don't get the thinkpad meme. Are this ugly bricks any good? I'm not trying to be offensive just genuinely curiosus if this is a Jow Forums niche laptop or it is actually good

>ugly bricks

They're fine. You can get them cheap because schools and businesses throw them out after a short time. They're also sturdy, have/had good keyboards, and are easily repaired with plentiful spare parts. Also are well supported with GNU.

The p52 has status LED's and beefy hinges. Doesn't have the 7 row keyboard though

used thinkpads (and other business laptops. holla @ elitebook 2570p) are generally a good value-to-performance option for general light computing use

So fucking what, it's just a bunch of smelly plastic and slow outdated hardware

>implying any 20 series owner could afford that

I own a W520, and I could have got a P52, I just am very autistic about centered keyboards. I have loosened up to the idea as of late though.

they were the start of the end, but they still had most of what makes thinkpads so nice, unlike modern ones

>light computing use
You can do heavy tasks on it, they will just take longer.

Yeah, my T420 is a step down from xx60 models when it comes to ultranav (ugly, but at least the touchpad can be disabled0 and inferior keyboard with shittier layout, but at least it's still 7 row and not chiclet. I drew the line on that series,as it still had a keyboard that isn't complete shit to use.

Also, widescreen is a step up. Too bad there are plenty of models with a 16:9 display rather than superior 16:10.

>Also, widescreen is a step up.

Attached: -.jpg (500x399, 29K)

Good luck doing something as basic as having 2 files open in a text editor with 4:3. The only use for that aspect ratio is 4:3 content like old anime and vidya.

stallman uses it, bsd devs uses it
so if you're a unix wizard and a freetard then having thinkpad is a must
if you aren't you should suck a cock and use apple products instead

they're cheap and generally of high quality (hinges last a long time etc)

>vidya

Attached: 1557571535438.jpg (750x480, 181K)

Remind me again why did they change the keyboard from the xx30 onwards?

P52 is the last good Thinkpad.

Now even the P series has gone "muh THINNNNNNNN!!!!!!"
Choices now are:
- Shit performing ultra thinnnn X series toy with soldered RAM and no replaceable battery.
- Shit performing ultra thinnnn T series toy with soldered RAM and no replaceable battery.
- Shit performing ultra thinnnn P series toy with soldered RAM and no replaceable battery.

I genuinely think I will go back to using a desktop for work.

Marketing, but the newer keyboards were fine.
They will probably reduce key travel on next year's models though, make it more thinnnn.

My t420 works fine as long as I do most things on my desktop over rdp

I don't mind chiclet. I just hate the layout

My T60p and W520 are still fine.

They're already dead. Look at ebay. There aren't a lot of them left.

Attached: 1565859731942.jpg (768x1024, 68K)

Yeah, you don't work on it, just another memer shitposter.

Its already useless.

Yeah, back in 2017, that redditor Luke "warm IQ" Smith said they were $200 and I went and looked for a week and they were $300, no drive, 4GB i5, shot battery.

They are new Thinkpads but at least they still tried to make a Thinkpad.

Not if I kill myself today.

I have a T480s and got a X1 Extreme G2 coming in the mail. Although I like classic thinkpads a lot, it's time to move on.

>year is 2035
>world is run by global government led by google AI
>user and his niche underground trench coat shades wearing group are the last stand using non-chiclet thinkpads and powerPC mac running gentoo
>the underground group is humanitys final stand against the botnet before earth becomes under full control of the matrix
>they have faded pictures of stallman and terry posted on the walls as reminders of their mission
>can they write the code in time to shut down google AI before their 30 year old machines rot

Attached: Badenoughdude.jpg (600x525, 32K)

I wish I was you.

keep old model, buy workstation
use workstation remotely over vnc or ssh

>xx20 series came out in 2005

Attached: animu.jpg (428x428, 44K)

Frankie Boyle?

>Dumped a shitton of money into a T420
>Especially on a 4c/8t CPU for it
>Immediately after spending all that money, the hyperthreading exploit comes out
Might have gotten away with a T400 or T500 if I had bought one of them instead. Now I'm thinking about a Pinebook Pro but unironically.

Attached: yuck.jpg (600x450, 76K)

I'll accept newer lelnovo crap until it goes total applel levels of grinding consumerism. Debian with a few non-free driver repos and/or coreboot should be getting a regular donation from you cunts.