There are people on this board running non-free software

>There are people on this board running non-free software

Attached: serveimage(10).jpg (236x177, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
abhas.io/open-source-still-misses-the-point/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Richard Stallman is a FTM breeder.
Probably sells their children.
Here's a pic of them pregnant.
If they actually cared about software they would've made something new in the last 10 years.

Attached: richard stallman pregnant.jpg (480x360, 103K)

get BENT, free-cuck

NPCs are not people.

Its you again
Stop making the same posts

Interesting how despite all the spam on this site you instead choose to single out this comment.

Its because hes made that post on one of my earlier threads and ive seen him a third time aswell
I dont know what hes doing on Jow Forums antagonising free software and rms

Would richard stallman care if I used non-free software but I pirated it?

Only boomers, pajeets, and gamers use non-free shit.

It's about freedom not price.

I am all three

Imagine being a 60 year old wintoddler.

Maybe stop making empty template threads intended for shitposting?

Stop making the same posts robot cuck

>gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
>A program is free software if the program's users have the four essential freedoms:
>The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0).
>The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
>The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help others (freedom 2).
>The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

Stop making the same threads.

This is an original thread
I wonder what you are
A jew? Wincuck? Pajeet? A robot? Cia nigger? Macfag? Perhaps all of them? Anyway i despise you
Kys

>stallman thread
>in 2012+7
>original

Attached: e40.png (640x640, 545K)

The only thing you are missing is a tripcode to show everyone how massive of a faggot you are

>implying glow thread is any original

Poo in loo

im sorry starrmanou-sama, but from what i heard you dont care if people use non-free games

This board is running non-free software.

It can all be blocked easily.

Javascript disabled

Attached: serveimage.png (850x748, 52K)

yes that guy who made the glow thread

But you're still here, posting.

It can all be blocked easily.

You dont need javascript to post

Attached: serveimage(2).jpg (380x250, 13K)

I never said just the javascript.

What were you referring to?

I use non-free software that I got for free :)

The fact that you pirate changes nothing about the software being still closed source, and that means you can't make it do what you want, or modify it, or make sure it isn't spying on you, and so on. So Stallman would care, of course.

Attached: VD8f31c.png (1000x669, 950K)

paying for software is not his problem, it's the fact you're not free to do what you want with it

All software is free.

You're wrong.

Nothing changes if you pirate it.

Prove it.

Jow Forums.

>closed-source
It's propietary, Raymond. "Open source" is a term that removes the ethical aspect of free software, and tries to make it a practical issue in an attempt to appeal to our corporate overlords.
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
abhas.io/open-source-still-misses-the-point/
And by the way, being propietary doesn't mean that it denies ALL of your freedoms, it just means that it denies at least one of them.
For example: shareware is propietary, but it still respects freedom 2 (to distribute without changes).

The existence of non-free licenses.

Server programs being propietary isn't an injustice for those who visit that site, after all, would you refuse to open an image if it had been edited by Photoshop? Just like HTML pages, it's only output, which doesn't have to necessarily be free. Of course, it would be an useful contribution if they were liberated with an appropiate license (such as Creative Common's CC-BY-SA or the GNU FDL), but it isn't a moral imperative.
Propietary server programs are only an injustice for those who run them on their computers (webmasters).
However, propietary javascript is a different issue entirely, as it runs on the user's computer. JS ought to be free.

Web is an interface for the software.
Would using Photoshop through a free remote desktop software skirt around the issue? No.
You're sending it input and receiving the output, so you're using the software.

>using Photoshop through a free remote desktop software skirt
false analogy
opinion discarded

I was specifically talking about the property of being closed-source.

Attached: 7kTCgzT.png (575x81, 8K)

Then call it "freedom 1-denying". There's no excuse to promoting the views of "open source", if you care about freedom.

This, fuck ESR.

That would be preaching to the choir. The only people who would know what "freedom 1-denying" is supposed to mean are people who care about software freedom and have already looked into it.
If you want others to care about freedom, it's better to use terms people already understand, even if they're not the ideal terms inside the free software community. Because of that I'd rather continue saying closed source when I mean that, even if that term would trigger rms.

In that case, it would be better to teach the person you're talking to about the four essential freedoms, and then use the term "freedom 1-denying". Promoting open source instead of free software can only lead to freedoms being denied.

why does Jow Forumstards worships this jew?

There are people on planet Earth that...
...are using non-free public transport.
...are using non-free cars.
...are using non-free spoons.
...are using non-free food.
...are using non-free spoken languages.
...are using non-free character sets.
...are using non-free condoms.

Etc, etc.
You see how dumb that sounds?

>There are people on this board running non-free software
This board is non-freecult software.
There's binary blobs in Linux.
There's proprietary firmware in all drives and memory cards, Wi-Fi boards/chips, your processor, northbridge, etc.

The botnet has you.

Attached: 2dzxiu.jpg (800x820, 177K)

Attached: :shrug:.png (629x166, 17K)

richard stallman completely discredits his beliefs by being a degenerate atheist neckbeard

you're an NPC

every single person on this board is running non free software, if your computer has a BIOS startup and you're not using that new gnu startup program that only works on 3 laptops in the world after heavy modification, you're using non-free software

still you gotta admire Stallmans stubbornness and his never say die attitude

He's too intelligent to not be an Atheist.

Sorry, I have to enable the non-free version of Debian repos to make my wi-fi not be retarded, it can't be helped.

Based virtual stallman poster
I also use this sometimes

No
>Libreboot
>Libre kernel
>no firmware blobs
I win you lose

Well, because free software is as much a meme as communism

>freedom is communism
Haha no

Attached: serveimage(9).jpg (840x839, 171K)

Under communism the state would dictate which software can be made and nobody would have a chance of escaping the botnet.
Like north korea's version of linux.

You are still allowed to buy and sell free software for money
Communism doesnt use money otherwise it would be capitalism
Look up what capital is
Hint: its money

>There are people on this board making and promoting non-free software

Attached: angerygrill.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

What can I say I like software that cant be broken, one on which I can rely on
at least I am not a distrohoping whore

Attached: 1551297960487.png (250x202, 7K)

I could spend my time learning a final husbandry, buy a farm and raise cattle. Every day I could take them out, shovel their shit, clean them, milk the moms, sing to them to keep them happy until thw day I decide to have a good burger and sacrifice them for my own sustenance.

Or, I could cut out the effort, and just eat a burger from elsewhere. Why would I ever want to waste my years working with a rag tag group of people on software all so we can know the camera isnt watching me?

Look I hate that I'm bieng monitored 24/7. Its ridiculous, but theres always a master slave relationship. Time is all our master, well all meet the same fate. I can reject that, and struggle in a finite field, or I can accept that restriction a devote my efforts to my own purpose or desires. And if the see my nuts swinging as I pound my gf for a home video, and some FBI agent is watching, oh well. Either way, Christians think a god is watching them, so it's not much different.

>if you can't edit a configure file you should go back to wangblows you dumbass
>wait why did you go back to wangblows
>stallman sad