The day 3950X is released there will be a mass suicide of 1488kkk intel fanboys that will jump off the space needle in...

The day 3950X is released there will be a mass suicide of 1488kkk intel fanboys that will jump off the space needle in seattle, washington

Be there or be square!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b1An1MFwXxQ
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011
amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031
amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051
amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just delid and apply chiller bro

September 7th holocaust 3

>1488kkk
subtle. I like it.

>jump off the space needle
youtube.com/watch?v=b1An1MFwXxQ

I wonder whether there'll be a temporary price drop on the 3900X once the 3950X is released. The price where I'm at hasn't even moves a little since the release.

Theyll just keep screaming that the 380 fps AMD produces in CS:GO are complete dogshit and you need those 400 fps from Intel or that the 50ns difference in memory latency makes games completly unplayable.

On the used market maybe, I know of several people that replaced a previous gen Threadripper with a 3900x now and will replace that with a 3950x once it comes out. Its retarded, but I cant complain if I can get my hands on a 3900x for cheap.

oy vey fuck you stupid goy

Can you even buy the 3900X yet or is it still out of stock everywhere?

I imagine the availability of this will be so low it'll basically be a paper launch.

In the UK you can get them, for £550, fuck that, every retailer kept hiking the price the longer there were no stocks to be had so idiots would pay many Shekels when they did appear - cunts

Good luck catching one

you won't get a 3950x in your hands until threadripper releases and eases up demand unless you suck off your local store owner

>CS:GO
Yeah, about that...

Attached: CSGO.png (1373x1413, 55K)

What are you gonna do with 16 cores? Render something? Buy thread ripper then. No video game made uses like 6 cores yet and Intel still wins in games usually. The only people who care about this is a turbovirgin

>Render something? Buy thread ripper then.
Why would I spend double for the same core count on a far more expensive motherboard when the biggest gain is PCIE lanes I don't need?

>What are you gonna do with 16 cores?
Hybrid GPU+CPU ray tracing. It's the only gaming workload I can imagine for a 16-core CPU.

Because you need more than 16 cores if you are doing anything that matters. Why would you buy bottom tier thread ripper
>quad channel ram

The only question is how bad will the spread be for clocks on one CCX vs all the others.

Attached: 1565909002237.jpg (430x370, 115K)

>CPU raytracing
Its too slow, and 8 cores sure as fuck isn't enough. Its slow even on high end Xeons.

>you need more than 16 cores if you are doing anything that matters
lol
t. somebody who has never done something that matters

Why would an intel fanboy who only cares about gaming performance care that you bought 2 3700Xs glued together to run AutoCAD?
Also nothing done on a computer matters as the only things that matter are Food, Water, Air, Shelter

meanwhile I got the 3700X when it went down to £300 for a small time

I said hybrid GPU+CPU ray tracing.

Nice, what you using to cool it? my 2700X gets toasty at 100% load

I'm just going to upgrade my shit-tier 1900X Threadripper to a 2920X instead. I bought a TR4 platform. May as well make my life easier and cheaper with some nice used CPUs.

Attached: cheers.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Hey Jow Forumsuys
What CPU should I buy if I want to heat my house this winter?

>zen 2 will be on consoles
>every dev studio developing for consoles will be using instruction sets for zen 2
Lookin like people are in a rough spot if they dont get to 8core 16 thread within the next few years.
How will 4/6core fags cope?

Attached: 1536893785370.webm (491x720, 1.16M)

3600 will probably be fine for the next generation. You can't always just compare core counts and say "you need THIS".
For example, the 8th gen consoles were octocores, but a simple quadcore 2500K suited my needs perfectly throughout the entire generation.

at least one of those cores and most likely the associated SMT'd thread would be reserved by the OS.

how is it a bad thing when cores of higher utilization gets higher clocks?

all-core 100% load isn't exactly a reason, no one is sitting there angry one part of the frame in a render was slower or one instance in a simulation was faster than others when overall performance is all that matters in that case

Attached: 1471508903907.jpg (640x480, 57K)

based triple dubs. but really, there are lots of games out now that snuff a 2500k

>3600 will probably be fine for the next generation. You can't always just compare core counts and say "you need THIS".
>For example, the 8th gen consoles were octocores, but a simple quadcore 2500K suited my needs perfectly throughout the entire generation.
The PS4 CPU was AMDs embedded CPU similar to intel atom. If next gen uses zen2 you wont have the same situation where PCs are 4x as fast per core.

3900x is still 30 lower than my 3930k so im really looking forward to 3950x to get an upgrade of 20!

6 cores will be the absolute minimum.
8 cores preferred.
12 cores for "future proofing".

AMD actually beats intel in CS:GO now, surprisingly.

JUST RELEASE THE DAMN THING MY 2500K CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.

>AMDrones comparing a $750 16-core processor that you won't afford against a $480 8-core processor
(lol

>$750
literally a whole month's worth of neetbux, big whoop

Why there are 3 different chips on the 3950X?

Not even employed and I can afford it

Attached: unknown.png (1174x691, 263K)

2 CCX (actual 7nm cores) + 1 I\O (14 nm "northbridge" with DDR, PCIe, SATA and USB logic)

That's how you get non-gimped low-core-count CPUs, high-yield high-core-count CPUs with reasonable price and no NUMA bullshit even on a 64-core CPU. Probably the best architectural bet AMD has ever made.

Yeah, Intel won't catch up until it copies AMD.

Maybe they will, if they find some magical way to build monolithic 10nm chips with actually good yields. But considering that 10nm was "coming next year" for what, 5 years now, it's highly unlikely.

And yes, they already tried to, see recent Xeon Platinum release. The question is, will anyone buy even the few of these monstrosities they actually manage to make, or will it forever stay a paper release COPE.

Yeah, eight amd jaguar and puma cores

It's. just. a. cpu.

You can do literally everything on an overclocked 4790K. You gotta be a fool or special snowflake to buy this new trash.

Imagine being a consolebian... Jesus.

Zen 2 has no unique insturctions that apply to videogames.
>How will 4/6core fags cope?
Simple, 4/6core @5GHz > 8/16 core @ 2GHz.

so many years after ryzens release and peoppe still call a whole die a ccx. 1 ccx is 1 core complex consisting of 4 cores.

I want to be a consolesbian.

Don't be so anti-Semitic now, newfriend

Yeah, user, you're right.
That makes it even better tho. Better practical yields (AMD can just disable a flawed CCX and still bin the die as 4c), better cache utilization (with properly multithreaded applications and redpilled scheduler).

The gains from physically modularizing the CPU are awesome.

so that black thing is a die. inside that die there are 2 ccx (4 cores). We have 2 black things so in total 4*2*2 = 16 cores. Am I right? How is called the entire "chip"?

You've failed to grasp the point entirely. The problem we're seeing is silicon variance being incredibly high because yields of fully functioning dies are low. The spread across every SKU is pretty bad which shows the root cause is at the foundry.
Of the dies that get partitioned for the consumer segment there is a tremendous spread in clock scaling. Again on a single die we have one CCX that can easily clock 100-200mhz better than the other, which is a big differential for this core arch.
TSMC's 7nm DUV having too great a degree of variation in fin profile is source of this, and it likely isn't going to improve by the time we see the 3950X hit the market.

>high yield
Go home, AdoredTV, you tech illiterate spastic.

You can bin off cores in any design, this isn't unique to AMD's CCX. This doesn't impact yields at all in the way you're implying.

good luck with that amd priced 3900x too low, that people where charging double. 3900x will probably retain value as it new, and still in high demand.

You don't think there will even be a drop during December?

Cope harder retarded corelet.

Intel is currently the king of housefires.

Just wait for 10c Comet Lake to release and draw more power than AMD's new Threadripper SKUs under full load.

666W

The zen2 chiplet is referred to as a ccd anyway. Core complex die that contains two Ccx.

I think the clock variance is just a 4ghz+ thing. They're going to need good yields for the millions of epycs they'll be selling but none of the revealed sku hit 4ghz. 3950x is probably going to be a good bin but the 3900x seems to be something where one core from two failed ccds can hit the 4.6ghz and then ship it.
The process or design just does not clock.

I remember people saying just last year that 4 cores was more than enough.

Attached: 1555864019481.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

It was just good old cope.

6 cores 12 threads is the new muh 4 cores.

I wonder if there'll be 64c threadrippers. Or maybe they'll save that for 4000 series.

Seethe and dilate.

Delid and dilate, intranny.

Cope

Bet they will use threadripper as another test case and will stick to its name and push out 4 thread SMT on it before it goes to the server or Desktop.
My money is on them saving it for 4000 series, as it would make their server market feel left out if all of a sudden you dumped a 64 core 256 thread beast after selling them 64 core 128 thread server chips.

I also expect to see some GPU dies and HBM2 on the package.

Threadripper will never release before EPYC, enterprise chips get sampled to preferred OEMs long before their official paper launch date.
4 way SMT is a meme. Seronx schizo babble shouldn't be taken seriously.

I have yet to see a single use of quad channel ram making a difference beyond 1% in any scenario.

Have children

based

I need this so bad
I dropped 1k for a 980x back in the day waiting for something to replace it with
this, or 32 core threadripper will do it
I need this so hard
t. c++ codemonkey

Lmao
I'm preparing for Another Massive Dissappointment and broken promises (as usual)
9900K will still be king and once the 10 10th gen hits AMD is finished

>Lmao
>I'm preparing for Another Massive Dissappointment and broken promises (as usual)
>9900K will still be king and once the 10 10th gen hits AMD is finished

Attached: 1560228829446.png (519x543, 151K)

Not an argument rakesh

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189

amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011

amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031

amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051

amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031

Attached: 1563484213297.png (640x480, 76K)

wat

The numbers mean performance.

I can't wait for a 32 Core Zen3, and 256 Core EPYC