Never used brave, been on chrome pretty much forever, is it really as good as everyone makes it out to be?

Never used brave, been on chrome pretty much forever, is it really as good as everyone makes it out to be?

Attached: brave_browser-100732965-large.jpg (700x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/improved-ad-blocker-performance/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
chromium.woolyss.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It just werks
Here before "muh botnet" memery

Really though just try and you'll either like it or you won't, there's no concenus on what's best because it depends on the user

Attached: 1565878674787.png (1023x2253, 188K)

It's better than chrome if that's what you're asking

>everyone makes it out to be
NOBODY "makes it out to be" good. It's shit.

it's chrome with shitty adblocker, some kind of loaylty programme to make money off retards and plays videos with phone screen off

in exchange you get your data sent not only to google but to whoever is behind this shit as well

best browser on iOS and Android, unstable piece of crap on desktop
>inb4 autists objecting to the first half
fuck off, your meme browser maintained by one (1) person is NOT secure

no one points out brave as "good" except bad/edgy content creators who wants cryptomeme. it's a scam browser

Dont use brave it makes your computer release mustard gass.

It's the least shit chrome based browser on desktop, and only 2nd least shit chrome based browser on mobile (after Kiwi). But it's still inferior to most Firefox based browsers.
It's adblocker is shit compared to uBO, it's "privacy features" are useless and don't work, and it's a browser made for ads.

>your meme browser maintained by one (1) person is NOT secure
You do realize most android browsers aren't even browsers and are just a GUI for webview/chrome? So they're as secure as chrome itself, just like Brave is.
Brave is worse than Kiwi because it doesn't have addon support. It's adblocker is useless shit.

>just a GUI for webview/chrome
>supports addons when Chrome itself doesn't
which is it, smoothbrain?

Are you retarded? I didn't say Brave is a GUI for webview. It comes with it's own build of webview. And chrome can support addons, Google just doesn't want you to have addons on android.

>Brave is worse than Kiwi because it doesn't >have addon support. It's adblocker is useless >shit.

"Citation is not needed user because i'm talking out of my ass"

>useless shit adblocker
brave.com/improved-ad-blocker-performance/

Attached: Brave.jpg (1200x1246, 138K)

If you want a chromium fork with built in anti-tracking and add block give it a try.

The BAT tokens are a bit meme but optional like every else.

Brave is straight out spyware.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
>there's no concenus on what's best because it depends on the user
No, it doesn't, you shill. It's a hard fact that Brave logs your shit and shares it. It even has a tracking page as your main! For real privacy use Privacy Browser, but then most of the Internet faggots use won't work.

No, it is shit. They denounced kiwi farms owner

Nobody except indian shills say Brave is that good. It's only a somewhat reasonable choice on Android if you want a Chromium browser with adblock, because Chrome itself doesn't support that.

Brave is a joke browser that injects their own ads into a web page for fake internet money. Just use regular Chromium and turn off the goolag junk.

chromium.woolyss.com/

>performance is more important than number of ads blocked
Lel. Enjoy your useless garbage while I use uBlockOrigin, the only good content blocker.
>Citation is not needed
It's not, Brave mobile doesn't have addon support. Kiwi does.

Is Kiwi Browser open source?

Literally addressed in the image you quoted fucking retard

It doesn't matter. That's like saying that you enjoy the company of men, in order to avoid being called a faggot later on. You're still a faggot and Brave is still spyware.

Yes

Cope

Attached: brave.png (350x250, 6K)

Nope
There's a github repo but it hasn't been updated in 7 months

its good as a phone browser because it blocks all bullshit ads and xxs scripting and malware shit

Does it block as much as uBlock Origin? Can you install uBO on Brave Android?

DDG Browser is better. They force https, block ads and scripts, and have great privacy settings

No. No. You need to either use Firefox (or a fork) or Kiwi.

Brave shill

>it blocks all bullshit ads and xxs scripting and malware shit
Many phone browsers do this; this alone means nothing, it isn't enough to qualify a browser as good. In the current year, what makes a browser good is not something it does, but the things it doesn't do. Namely not tracking you or storing data about how you use it. Privacy Browser for the win.

>Never used brave, been on chrome pretty much forever, is it really as good as everyone makes it out to be?
Brave's target market in a single sentence.

Using Brave I regularly see ads on the red boards and frequently have to maually switch the page to https desipte having the "HTTPS Everywhere" option enabled.
I'd switch if I gave enough of a shit to get IceCat working but I don't. Do not recommend.

the creator of javascript (closet pedo) is behind brave

This. It also didn't block a single ad on search engines last time I tried it, which was around 4 months ago.
>to get IceCat working
Just uninstall the default addons.

No, it was spammed by unironic shills for months when Firefox extensions broke, this also coincided with Jow Forums flooding in for tech support (despite Firefox being le sjw tranny cucked software or whatever buzzwords) and haven't left since

Brave itself is as spyware ridden as any other browser but with half the functionality

Very nice image my man. Mind if I save it?

That wasn't the problem but I just un/reinstalled and now shit's fine, which is great because now I can stop using Brave. Guess I was just being lazy.
Now if you'll excuse me I need to redirect my efforts into bitching about F-Droid constantly fucking up while doing nothing to fix it.

No.
Install IceCat, be done with the normie shitnet

>Brave is straight out spyware.
Given that OP is using Chrome, I doubt he cares.

Kiwi Browser is the best mobile browser if thats what you're looking for

A. Stop samefagging.
B. Only shills like you "make it out" to be good. No one else here uses it.
C. It's one of many chromium forks, and not even close to the best one, as it ships with all kinds of BAT-related telemetry, and a shitty ad-blocker that isn't fully configurable. The browser itself is no more configurable than chromium either. It doesn't offer any advantage to the user, yet its marketing team claims it is THE privacy browser. If you must use chromium, use iridium, or ungoogled, or vivaldi. Hell, you can use falkon or otter if you want something that still uses the same rendering engine as chromium, but is a few steps further removed from it than the rest.
D. Fuck off shill.

That image is based on a re-tooled version of Brave's un-configurable ad-blocker (that hasn't even been released), and numerous tests still show that ublock destroys Brave's blocker by every other metric. Even if Brave's blocker beats ublock in one single aspect, it's still shit because it doesn't support adding other blocklists. Kys.