I'm honestly lacking in knowledge but, is windows 8.1 literally the most optimized windows...

I'm honestly lacking in knowledge but, is windows 8.1 literally the most optimized windows? it's clearly faster than windows 7 on my ssd and windows 10

Attached: pobrane.png (224x224, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ToFgYylqP_U
superuser.com/questions/497500/disable-automatic-maintenance-in-windows-8/743187#743187
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_Industry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not sure, but it may depend on your build mainly. Also, are you using a licensed version of Windows?

Sure get 8.1 embedded and run some debloat programs.

The last good version of Windows.

8.1 is basically an optimized and updated version of 7 with the Metro stuff added.

Windows XP on an SSD.
Literally nothing compare to this. Except maybe command-line.

this, but you can make 8.1 work just like 7 would, while being a little more modern.
there's the metro thing too, but honestly after initial configuration just after installing the OS I didn't have to look at it.
no trim though... manual trim seems like a retarded idea

Yes

Attached: winver_2019-08-15_18-22-36.png (473x239, 12K)

Being smol doesn’t mean it’s optimized. I know from personal experience that Windows 7’s performance can exceed that of XP even with the same hardware.

XP was the last Windows with a really fast and optimized 2D GUI.
Everything that came after is slow as molasses in comparison and uses a ton of CPU/GPU.
>but muh 3D effects
Literally nobody gives a shit about those, but everyone would like to have smoother scrolling in Explorer.

Here's a video demo of what I mean
youtube.com/watch?v=ToFgYylqP_U

With modern hardware it isn't that big of a deal, but it's still not as fast as XP with 10 year old hardware.

you can disable almost all the 3d in win7, adds a lot of performance if you're on older hardware. also gives it that sweet win98 look.

Windows 8.1 plus classic shell is the Patrician's choice.

Do not be swayed by what the Plebeians say.

Attached: 1566445004500.jpg (720x888, 334K)

Yeah, but it also disables vsync, so you get screen tearing.

^ This.

Bullshit.

A bit related: if your Win8 idles for a while it'll do "maintenance" with 100% CPU. This let the fan spin on my laptop. But it's possible to disable maintenance. I don't think maintenance is necessary because if you never let your machine idle it won't do the 100% CPU operation.
superuser.com/questions/497500/disable-automatic-maintenance-in-windows-8/743187#743187
So much this. It's the best looking OS too imo.

So what's currently the best way to activate Win8?

im going to switch to 8.1 in 2020 after win 7 loses support. how long will 8.1 support last for?

Only until 2022

well, 2 years is better than nothing. hopefully Lincucks get their shit together by then and there's an actually good Linux out there.

until January 2023

I haven't moved off of 8.1 and even cloned my drive to avoid further hassle.
Everything just works without issue.

>there's an actually good Linux out there.
It’s called Clear Linux*

yeah, I know of Clear Linux and i've been checking it out but I don't think it's quite there yet. hopefully by 2022-23.

>clear linux
Imagine installing Intel botnet with nsa backdoors on your computer lmao
Don't fall for the clear Linux meme

>>how long will 8.1 support last for?
>Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Mainstream support ended on July 10, 2018
>Extended support ends on July 11, 2023
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_Industry

wow

>best looking OS
>uses a third party shell to hide the default

Windows 8.1 was a much better OS than windows 10 but windows 7 fags just love being poor

The most optimized Windows is ReactOS

Basically, when I benchmarked 7, 8.1 and 10 on one of my PC's and a notebook, the results were consistent.
Win 8.1 was always #1, half of the times Windows 7 had the same results, while Win 10 was always the last one, in basically everything I could do.
Rendering times, well-known benchmarks, copying files, cpu-intensive games, gpu intensive games and mixed.

So yeah, it is optimized better.
Oh, don't forget. On all of my PC's and notebooks, I have to reinstall Windows 10 every ~4-5 months, because after similar amount of time every fucking instance of Windows 10 is smashing BSODs into my face more and more often with time.
All of them are regarding RAM management. kek

Attached: 1565562024089.jpg (474x652, 46K)

Imagine being this paranoid about open sores software.