Best Free Email Providers?

What are the best free email providers? I know of Gmail, Yandex, and Protonmail, what others are good?

Attached: email-3543958_1280.jpg (1280x785, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
disroot.org/en/privacy_policy
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html
tfwno.gf
cock.li
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cock.li is all you need

Why? What makes it so good?

Not controlled by (((them))) also great domains to choose from.

ya.ru

Don't go winfags. Virus alert

ProtonMail, Mailfence, or Tutanota are your best privacy friendly, yet still free ones. Otherwise if you wanna pay, add Posteo, FastMail, and StartMail. If you want free and don't care about privacy, add Outlook, Yahoo, Cock.li, and Mail.com to your list.

Windows is a virus itself.

Reminder that Protonmail glows

>free
>good
pick one.

Relatively good.

bumpit

tutanota.

I can't create an account at Mailfence, for some reason it stops once I get to the username and won't let me proceed.

nah
still enough for mostly stuff

Is it a good idea to use cock.li if you intend on becoming a content creator making millions on Patreon?

Attached: gio with mouth open.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Glows?

I don’t know.

>glows
watering hole sponsored by the alphabet soup agencies

Redpill me on tutanota guys

>So Ms. user, it seems we can reach you at.... [email protected] is that correct?

No.

bumperino

bumping

How is Msn?

What are the chances one of these small obscure providers just stops their service or something and fail? would all my emails be deleted?
Thinking of choosing tutanota as my main professional one because noone has taken the (my first name)@tutanota.com one and it looks nice, its free and recommended but scared if it shuts down in the future or something.

Attached: 1561327965023.png (619x619, 325K)

SMTP? lol

sdf.org

use it through an email client and keep a copy of your emails on the drive (with regular backup. you do local backups, right?)

>pay for email
>emails still managed by (((them))), the botnet, etc.
??????????

tutanota after protonmail is probably the biggest "secure mail" provider so the chances of it shutting down are rather slim
if you're still too scared to use it, then all you're left with is normie mail

desu, stick to gmail. It doesn't get more secure.

I think if you're really concerned, the best choice is just paying the 1€ a month for something like Posteo. They've got a transparency report about their finances too and it seems unlikely to close.

Otherwise, tutanota is probably fine. Fwiw I've used them for the last 3 years without issue and they seem to keep rolling out more features. Which wouldn't indicate a company in dire straights.

Always worth thinking about this though. I used vmail (another small secure email provider) for a few years before they shut down. In that case there was a month notice given to users. So I was able to backup my emails and change accounts associated with it. On the other hand Openmailbox.org is pretty much shut down. They're still up according to their site, but mail is almost never sent or received.

What are you opinions on
Mail.com
SquirrelMail
Roundcube
?

Squirrels have emails?

Ha

Why don't we like protonmail bros?

email is like a digital postcard. Anybody can read it in transit, so it doesn't matter how secure your provider is. Email encryption is a joke. You should use email only for public stuff. Use decentralized e2e encrypted services for everything else.

Just use Disroot.

What’s that?

I don't like it because the free version sucks, and there's no proper POP3 implementation so you need to use the webmail unless you're paying. Because of its design, that's not going to change. I'm not perfectly fine with it not being FLOSS, and the bridge client isn't either.
fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
The right answer is Riseup. Just get an invite and you're /setforlife/.

would you have supported it if it went floss?

Where can I get an invite code?

They host email, file sharing and some other stuff. Switched to them from Protonmail a while ago.

Attached: Screenshot_20190816-200004_Firefox~2.png (1080x1033, 86K)

AFAIK you can get them on RED's forums and from some users on r*ddit.
I guess my opinion of it would change yeah. I'd stick to Riseup though.

I see

Why?

Make your own. They you have complete control.

cock.li or Disroot
I've had an account deactivated before for using a @horsefucker.org email, keep that in mind

How?

Complete control to land in spam folder

>SMTP? lol
what did he mean by this?

>Mail.com
((Free)) email. It works fine
>Roundcube
Not an email service it's a client
>Squirrel
Not an email service

Are the clients any good?

They are.

Use either ctemplar or mailo. Mailo includes rss feed as well

What does ctemplar have?

You want a good and free email provider? Well try Goog-
Uh? You want to freeload AND be completely protected and left alone while you take up gigabytes of storage and bandwidth off expensive servers?

>gigabytes of storage

OH boy how will they ever afford the 2 cents per gigabyte!

What?

Ctemplar is the most secure and private email service, hands down.

Why is it so secure?

Gmail is by far and away the most secure (assuming the US government isn't part of your threat model). Buy two Yubikeys and enroll in their Advanced Protection Program; it's intended to protect against targeted attacks by state actors.
For privacy, I'm not sure.

Attached: 1517189330181.jpg (392x309, 141K)

Reference?

I use Protonmail for work related shit.
Tutanota is alright, it's more generous with free space.
Cock.li is a meme and they had their shit canned a few times. Protonmail's datacenter is supposed to be military tier secure because some faggots at CERN made it but it is also for that reason that you shouldn't do anything shady with it.

Meme?

i just got the $10/year namecheap mail and use it with my own rainloop web client
werks well

Attached: 1566017632480.jpg (400x400, 30K)

This has happened numerous times with cock.li.

>AFAIK you can get them on RED's forums and from some users on r*ddit.
Soooooooooooo, you have to go through heaps and piles of unadulterated autism and sekrit club garbage just to make an account? Yeeeaahhhh... I don't think anyone sane will even attempt that.

Guys? Anyone here semi e-famous and made an e-mail under a stage name? What happens when you get hacked and customer support requests proof of ID but you used a stage name?

Attached: 76150266_p8.jpg (600x800, 102K)

No you can reach me at [email protected]

fpbp

This. Our company is EXTREMELY strict about security and we use gmail for a lot of things. It's definitely the most secure.... but, you'd have to trust Google.

For free-tier my vote would be Tutanota.
But if it's an important account then don't be cheap, pay for one.

What would be best for those purposes, then?

protonmail, tutanota

Not him but I'd go for Startmail.

Bear in mind Tutanota is slow as fuck receiving new emails. Some websites seemingly don't support it at all. I'd changed my njpwworld account to a new tutanota account and the verification mail never came through. No problems with proton mail. I also like protonmails @pm.me address.

Google with advanced protection program is ultra secure.

Why?

Disroot is shit, as they store unencrypted mails in plain text in their database, so enjoy raped why it leaks or NSA/FBI sizes servers.

source: disroot.org/en/privacy_policy
"6. email
- All emails, unless encrypted by user (with gpg for example) are stored on our servers in plain-text."

protonmail are fakes lmao.

Just communicate via throwaway while keeping a normie address from gmail as cover.

No, the point is to avoid the botnet and harvesting of data. Stop.

Those just happen to be two places I'm aware of where you can get invites. A more typical approach would be to get one through actual offline radical activism, but you'd be less likely to do that and unadulterated autism sounds like something any user would prefer.

You lost me.

Not sure if boomer or glower

on the off chance of boomer, don't worry about it, the glowers airn't coming for you and your socially secured ass.

>gets account deleted for posting an offensive meme

Running a large scale, reliable, globally accessible email service isn't free by any stretch. Frankly I wouldn't trust any service that I don't pay for.

>storing emails in plain text
>"we be for dat privacy tho"

Attached: Hdiz6CB.png (734x828, 917K)

Based and redpilled, fuck Protonmail.
>gets account deleted for posting an offensive meme
They don't do that. There's just one rule regarding account termination: "If you do anything truly evil, we will terminate your account." So no threats, no hacking, no distributing of cp/rape/violence material. Besides, the storage is encrypted so they don't monitor that stuff and they can't read it. In other words someone would actually have to report you to the authorities or to Riseup in order for them to know about this shit.

up

>>riseup.net
>funded by Soros
>hosts Antifags
>just got raided by German cops

Yeah, just let me go to a hotspot for retards and literal criminals. Totally won't get my shit jacked and blasted all over the internet.

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html

Thanks.

[email protected]

?

If you go to tfwno.gf you will be redirected to cock.li

>funded by Soros
who cares?
>hosts Antifags
who cares?
>just got raided by German cops
"The website had a riseup.net email address listed for a contact, and knowing they cannot get information from Riseup, the police looked at Riseup’s donate page and found we accept donations in Europe through a non-profit organization (“Verein”) based in Germany called Zwiebelfreunde. They decided this meant that Riseup was run by this organization (it is not), and so aggressively targeted this organization."
So, they got nothing. Email contents are encrypted on Riseup servers and metadata is purged daily.