/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come this week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: a2d9148e-xfx-radeon-rx-5700-xt-thicc-ii-770x578.jpg (770x578, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/QtGdNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2wM3obN2pAE
youtu.be/ifIvXy1XzAU
amazon.com/dp/B07NV1KDS7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07NV1KDS7&pd_rd_w=vAB2L&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=cxvvp&pf_rd_r=TJZA9JK3FSZYGX3NKGKK&pd_rd_r=ed2a6164-d983-4506-a27a-91d08819e214&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFDQ1A2SUwzV0ZBWDMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyOTAwNjgxMDRSN0FER0M3TFZEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMjEzMTlYVkhERUhRSzBUVDkmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1564243276699.png (1326x700, 64K)

thicc

what are some newegg alternatives other than amazon? usa

Avoid AMD CPUs

Attached: 1565749519282.png (2523x820, 605K)

2l8m8

>nvidia stock is plummeting
but /pcb/ told me they dominate amd

If your motherboard doesn't have wifi built in can you just get a WiFi card and plug it in? Or are you required to run Ethernet?

Imagine buying Intel.

Attached: 1565335339961.jpg (608x369, 106K)

AMD shill general?

Posting my steam library again since I was originally going for the 2070 super for 4k60 but people said not to go for the cheapest one because of the build quality and those not lasting very long. Now I was wondering if I could also get 4k60 with a 5700xt combined witha 3700x. Outside of steam I'd have ff14 and Inquisition which I would also like to play at 4k60.

Attached: Untitled.png (509x1551, 203K)

>shitty 10 year old toaster finally died this morning
>just ordered parts for new pc
>5700XTs sold out everywhere
Aaarrrgghhh

>2080ti
>1080p
>meme games
Lol

well the 8700x isn't really in my budget, so i guess i'll go with the r5 3600

This is what competition looks like m8. Intel would have never dropped prices if it weren't for AMD. Go to /v/ if you want to start brand wars.

3900x still sold out more than a month later, and sells out within minutes

I want to build a PC for gaymen but I don't want to mess about with the BIOS since I'm not that familiar with that area. How will I know that my Mobo will /justwerk/

If Intel, you need a new mobo with every processor they release, so it will /justwerk/. If AMD, buy X570.

most boards you won't need to go into the bios but you should try and figure it out a bit, there are some pretty important settings in there and the main settings are not hard to understand anymore

Sonofabitch

But it is thiccer than this handsome devil here?

Attached: mSMrEq4180LX1dpC.jpg (1200x900, 184K)

Why the H-E-DOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS doesn't newegg let me order a sold out part and get on a waiting list?

they used to have that, and I think they maybe still do on some items, must be some kind of business development reasons they don't do it.

Are there any AM4 mATX boards that simultaneously don't suck and aren't >$150? Specifically mATX. I'd like more than one >1x PCIe port, but all the boards I've seen either have a 16x and a 4x slot or a 16x and a couple of 1x slots. Is that as good as it gets or am I looking in the wrong places?

Attached: 1564853213655.gif (292x319, 689K)

Get a Radeon VII brah. Your 3700x will love it
like peanut butter and jelly

>decide to play another old classic I used to enjoy playing all the time
>game massive frame rate dips and stutters on a game thats from 2000
It's amazing really that the drivers are so shit that except the newest e-sports games it can't deliver satisfactory and expected performance.

Attached: sacrifice on vega.jpg (1901x995, 288K)

FUCK YOU GUYS FOR RECOMMENDING ME THE BIGGEST PILE OF SHIT MOTHERBOARD B450 TOMAHAWK.
I got it to post exactly once in my 4h of trying to get the thing running.
I believed you guys but when i had issues i found msi's subbreddit which is completly full of this shit. Fuck you. The motherboard sucks ass

jesus christ...

Attached: 1565287740748.png (1268x673, 207K)

not surprised honestly

>200-250 off
Oh my kek
Still not worth for the swiss cheese security and upcoming additional regressions though.

based

>he got the non-MAX for 3000 series
We told you bro
We told you about nomax

should have went for the max serie you idiot

is this for real or is this just a meme? i was gonna pull the trigger on the r5 3600 but this is scaring me

Okay. After browsing this thread for a few days. I will now post the optimal gaymen PC for my gaymen needs.
pcpartpicker.com/list/QtGdNQ
Let me know if you think I should switch anything up. If anything I feel I'd be overpaying for the ram.

Was the 2000 series ryzen the last generation of processors to be meaningfully overclockable?

This guy gets it. Fanboyism is pure cancer. AMD improving so much the last couple years helps everyone.

Mission accomplished.

What the fuck are you even talking about? He's telling people to avoid AMD because it's trash, he never said anything about competition.

Of course you can get a wifi card. How do you think networking worked before they started integrating it into the mobo?

why not wait for the partner cards, they're the same price and 100000000000x better than stock blower 5700

Will my r5 2600 cripple me if I get a 5700xt and 1440p 144hz monitor?

>RBG parts
In the trash it goes

Because I want my gaymen nao

it's for real, amd shills like to lie a lot around here and mislead people, because they care about their AMD stock more than they care about people getting something that performs good for their needs.

Attached: In case of AMD shill 2.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

I'm a zoomer, so it's okay.

Its real, and the B450 shit for the 2nd gen Ryzen is also real.

tu quoque

but you can already order them

>OptimumTech
Who?

Attached: 1559352177200.png (491x493, 328K)

No you guys told me it's not a problem. You just have to update the bios thats all, you said
Fuck you. Still mad as hell.

Budget APU build: is it worth the extra $30 to get the Ryzen 5 3400G over the 2400G?

At 70C my gpu fan goes to 64% and it’s loud.

If I lower the fan to 50%, it gets quiet but temps go up to around 75C. Is that ok to run at those settings?

>Appeal to authority

Poor pajeet, having to resort to grasping at straws like that

Cherries masterfully picked. Excellent work Mr Christmasfoot. Three shekels have been deposited to your account.

aiight, so this video: /watch?v=ZcvRqVJS9jU

is just full of shit?

do you think every major tech reviewer is an amd shill or what is your schizo explanation for why they overwhelmingly recommend zen 2 except in edge cases

>t. literal Intel stock holder
HI Frances.

What board have you been on? Everybody's been saying not to touch MSI B450 unless it's max because they can't optimize their roms for shit.

Look how deeply it wounds them.
They spammed that benchmark for over 6 months nonstop as their "ace" and on multiple occasions it was show to be misleadint at best, yet they would post and spam it daily.
They haven't lived it down to this day, getting btfo by facts.

>do you think every major tech reviewer is an amd shil
maybe read the image you are replying to? It actually addresses your question
But in short, no, I dont think hardware unboxed is a shill, he put it out in the open what was used and everybody who saw the video knew it. The problem is that actual shills took the benchmarks, removed all context and tried to pretend that PC builds that are 405$ apart should be compared, but you shouldn't know about it.

whats with this "no u" argument?

Generally you shouldn't go past 85c, absolutely don't go over 95c, will probably turn itself off by 100c if not start to fry.

Probably not, but literally no one will recommend an Intel i5. If its Intel, its either the 9700k or 9900k. The i5 has been dead since Ryzen 1st gen

if the temps max out at 75-80C in stress testing everything is in order

what's you GPU

>This is the same guy who uploaded the HOLY SHIT GUYS RYZEN AT 1V video that got absolutely shit on and had to eat humble pie for nine minutes and fifteen seconds
Dude's retarded, case closed. Thanks for instigating me to go to his channel to double check out how it is, I would have never put two and two together otherwise.
youtube.com/watch?v=2wM3obN2pAE

Attached: laughing aliens.png (800x949, 356K)

so you post a shill cherrypicked image for the worst case, and then you post an image that debunks why you shouldn't trust cherrypicked images (exactly like you just did 1 post earlier) and then you're trying to wave away the fact that every major reviewer right now is overwhelmingly recommending amd because some random user had pricing errors in his build a year ago

I don't think these 2 are in any way connected and invalidate his testing, none of the ryzen processors were undervolted.

20 min vid, it will take me a while to look at it, what part do you think is bullshit?

And get it in a month+ time? I'm impatient.

>so you post a shill cherrypicked image for the worst case
What do you mean worst case?
THe fucking intel cpu was on a stock cooler, shit ram and cheap motherboard.
the ryzen system was on a water cooler, high quality ram with manual tuning and an expensive motherboard.

>and then you post an image that debunks why you shouldn't trust cherrypicked images
is this the part where you pretend that different people are one, because they all think amd shills are out of hand?

>and then you're trying to wave away the fact that every major reviewer right now is overwhelmingly recommending amd because some random user had pricing errors in his build a year ago
That's not what the image is about though.

Should I wait till October for the new intel/amd cpus or should I place my order now?

They aren't connected that way. I'm sure in that review that none of those ryzen processors were undervolted. But he's a fucking dipshit that sensationalized incorrectly undervolted processors and published grossly misrepresented results and got dumpstered as a result. If he's too stupid to test undervolted CPUs, what makes you think he can be trusted to test regular CPUs accurately? His results are an outlier and the guy who posted them is a cum-guzzling faggot. End of story.

Attached: 1561152797485.jpg (1024x698, 95K)

>the good 5700XTs and 2070 supers are sold out everywhere
COME ON STEP IT UP

If you want Intel, you should wait. If you want AMD, you can buy now but also get a X570 motherboard to bypass any potential hassle.

RFX 2060 Super.
Will it game 4K Dark souls 3 at 60fps with decent settings?

>posts only games

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 20K)

The i9-9900K costs 350€ where I live compared to the Ryzen 3600. With that in mind, the 21.4% - 23.7% performance hit doesn't feel so bad for mid-range needs.
You could buy 2.5 Ryzen 3600's with the price of a single i9-9900K. I'm not fully comprehending AMD's lineup as the 3600 just seems to be the best value processor and it feels pointless to get any of the others.

Attached: _85826026_chocbar2.jpg (1024x575, 122K)

>I DONT LIKE HIS RESULTS ON AMD
>HE IS FULL OF SHIT DONT LISTEN TO HIM
very rational.

Zen 2 are the first processors that respond to undervolting in such a way that they lower their clocks, which is not indicated by monitoring software, instead of giving errors and crashes like earlier ryzens and intel cpu, so his confusion is understandable, glad he corrected it not 1 day later. Still doesn't in any way invalidate his prior testing, which showed that 3900x is slower than a 9400f.

Whichever is 7nm is ok.

>implying Jow Forums neets can into stock market

you're falling victim to the resident intel shill
i had a 9400f and returned it because how horrible the stuttering was due to the lack of hyperthreading
same applies to 9600k and 9700k
got myself a 2600 and it's miles ahead

I can and do

No sweetie, you didn't have a 9400f, making up stories won't enable poozen to magically pull ahead.

I love it when someone finally puts the drone stock holders in their place. Warms my heart when they have to resort to "no u" and their wojak folder....fucking kek

Nice made up story, real nice, think the goys will buy it?

(You)

>Still doesn't in any way invalidate his prior testing
If you're stupid enough to trust him after that debacle, be my guest. However,
>which showed that 3900x is slower than a 9400f.
He's the only one with these results. They have not been corroborated. That's why the (You) farmer above has been posting that one image and that image only, because nobody has evidence to support his claim. If the 3600x is as bad as you claim, where are all the other reviews pointing it out?

Attached: (You).png (494x568, 294K)

When can one expect rtx 3000 or whatever it would be called?

I'm gonna have to buy a 2080 super because all the good 2070s are gonna be sold out forever

youtu.be/ifIvXy1XzAU
Probably not at the highest settings, though with the Super version maybe it can start to get close.

see how quick he is to shill his shitty CPU
his only argument when faced with actual users and not cherry picked games is "n-no i-it's n-not t-true"

somebody has to stand up for consumers, I myself got shilled into amd by faggots from here so I am simply providing the info to save other anons from the fucking shills and zelots.

trips of truth

Here you go. Every review I came across I've seen 9400f on parity with 3600 at the very least, which makes the latter redundant as it's considerably more expensive.

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png (500x1330, 83K)

>make up bullshit claims of owning hardware and how you switched to something else
>other guy calls you out on your shit
>ah look he didn't provide evidence!
What did you expect, him to stalk you and post your credit card history and purchases?

While we are at it, prove god isn't real.

amazon.com/dp/B07NV1KDS7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07NV1KDS7&pd_rd_w=vAB2L&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=cxvvp&pf_rd_r=TJZA9JK3FSZYGX3NKGKK&pd_rd_r=ed2a6164-d983-4506-a27a-91d08819e214&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFDQ1A2SUwzV0ZBWDMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyOTAwNjgxMDRSN0FER0M3TFZEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMjEzMTlYVkhERUhRSzBUVDkmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl Can we admire how fucking much of a ripoff this is?

>1060 3GB
>1600
>500 GB NVMe
I swear the guys are just TRYING to piss me off lmao

You're quite literally making up stories to validate your poor purchase, I don't think you're the one who can cry wolf about shills, or distinguish shilling from truth for that matter.

wtf I could have bought an Intel 6 core for less than the 200 I spent on the 3600

Not at all outside of a few scenarios

B450 mortar

Either is fine, 2080 super better again. 4k is a bit of a meme, 1440 would be better.

It's plain wrong. If you look at every other reputable reviewer, benchmarks are both intel and AMD trading blows. Most don't have intel security patches, which trims some performance, some don't have a good set up with Ryzen, mostly crap RAM or PBO off. But even with, 2700x even is withing margin of error of an 8700k stock, at 5ghz a little gap. 3600x trades and beats 9700k @5ghz and 3700x soemtimes competes with 9900k at 5, 3900x beats it outright often. At decent prices and mostly out of the box with some settings like PBO.

If a graph is showing a win for either side, outside of 5% marging of error, even 2700x vs 8700k stock. You know something is wrong.