*ahem*

*ahem*
so you saw arch and decided "hmm this looks interesting I mean it's kinda different from the others like ubuntu"
you copy paste commands fro m the wiki to install it
*fast forward*
in this time you discovered stuff like tiling WMs and some cool terminal software. there is a 75% chance you're now a ricefag having useless retarded ugly skid configsm If you're the rest you're either using plasma xfeces or a non-shit tiling wm with decent config
fast forward
at this point you either
a. become an absolute brainlet archfag for the rest of your neet life, defending every flaw arch has. all you do is to post skid rices of literal meme WMs like openbox or i3-gaps and stuff
b. realise how trash arch is, all the flaws that it has, and that you got bamboozled by the 1337 aspect arch gave you. you go on and switch to a non-shit distro. that's either
1. the more autistic but muuuuch better ones like: void nix guix gentoo slackware etc.
2. go back to normie distros like ubuntu fedora suse etc.
================
This my friends, I call it the arch way

Attached: 1565901290602.jpg (1024x738, 136K)

Question, is CentOS a normie distro?

>a. become an absolute brainlet archfag for the rest of your neet life, defending every flaw arch has. all you do is to post skid rices of literal meme WMs like openbox or i3-gaps and stuff
I have a friend who does exactly this with other archfag friends. It drives me up the wall.

>cares about other people life
>write about it
>wait until someone answers you
I can imagine how you look irl.

>be me
>just use mint
Pic related: me

Attached: fad.jpg (1920x1541, 126K)

>blah blah blah my autistic nerd distro is better than yours
have sex

I fully agree with everything you say here
You're a fag tho for how you decided to write this post

Attached: wojakchad.png (645x773, 21K)

>2017
>install ubuntu on my laptop
>enjoy theming it and try a few games on it (none of them work so I just stream them from my windows PC)
>spend about a year using it
>decide to try and install arch on another spare laptop to try the AUR
>do it over the course of an afternoon
>see the result is basically the same thing as ubuntu
>DE hop for a while
>realize all I'm doing is just installing random themes from Gnome Looks and browsing the web
>realize I'm just making my computer usage more difficult than it needs to be
>move back to based Windows 10
a doy a doy a doy oy oy have sex

No. CentOS is a really good server distro.
Try to reason with him why arch is a bad distro and how other distros exists that can do what arch does but waaay better (like void for example)
I am unironically pic related
based and redpilled
Noted. Now get back in line.
I masturbated exactly five minutes before writing this so fuck you
>windows 10
install gentoo

what's a heavily customizable distro that takes no effort to set up?

>be me
>go from ubuntu to different "flavors"
>go to debian
>settle in with devuan and xfce
How did I do OP

Attached: 5309ae84937efe6d6d91ba4ca2f9c061129846c9207c60466f24643453257d1a.jpg (468x426, 132K)

Fedora
openSUSE
Debian
>How did I do OP
comfy/10

suse has some painful enterprisey default configs. sudoers is propa but unset, wheel's a lazy fix. wickedd was a useless hassle fucking with boot times. their metapackages are ultrabloaty but atill recommended.

the aur is comfy, though. i like literally everything ever just being in my package manager.

everyone but debian has that now thoigh, aur clients have also had some ntoriously bad bugs.

what is good about gentoo?
it takes more time to install the os and then more time to compile the programs.
if its just a l33t test ill pass.

>comfy/10
I'm happy you like it bud

Attached: big_chungus_vector_by_vexikkk_dcv33c0-pre.png (894x894, 113K)

It's absolutely amazing if you have a specific case for your system. Otherwise it's pretty time wasting except if you want to learn from that experience
>the aur is comfy
no

Some are pretty good; but none seem to meet the aur in terms of evern having obscure random shit. And i know they definitely did in the past; but i think they're pretty good now. I can definitely live with something other than arch; but the aur is just quick and easy.
why not? it's nice to have everything available in the package manager.

Actually, I went the LARBS route and just tweaked Luke's rice to fit my tastes. Aside from some minor setbacks (that were solved in 30 minutes or less), I've never had any trouble with my installation.

Attached: 1565044680727.png (693x601, 247K)

>Want to replace w10 because laptop is slow as shit
>Fag on g says try debian because of I don't remember
>A dice choses xfce for me
I really like it, is there some benefit to change distros or everything can be done everywhere ?
Also
>Debian in hdd runs equal or faster than w10 on ssd

Attached: 1495701643432.gif (500x500, 1.72M)

the debian cycle has always existed
>start with Debian (alternatively, Ubuntu)
>begin distro hopping
>eventually, start to use Arch (traditionally, this step was "use Slackware")
>return to Debian or Ubuntu
since there's very few advantages from using anything else, and very many disadvantages regarding support and compatibility and manual effort involved with configuration

If a distro is supported, then it will work the same as any other supported distro.
And all of them run faster than windows.

they all have identical software available to them, a distro just does compatibility, management and defaults.

For me:
Ubuntu
Manjaro
Kubuntu
Xubuntu
Elementary OS
I'll never install a meme os like arch.

Attached: IMG_1488.jpg (1080x1331, 357K)

gcore life

apt repository with none of the overhead.

>got a 24 hour ban yesterday for posting the same type of thread
feels bad man

I just use Ubuntu with Openbox and tint2.

do you mind elaborating on its flaws? im installing it right now, what kind of crap should i expect?

a distro is the package manager, the remote repos, the release schem( rolling or lts ) and the default colors on the chosen DE

it seems these days I only get 3 dayers
probably because it's the shortest ban that you can't appeal

This.