Only hi-IQs understand the beauty and genius of C++

Attached: Untitled.png (1291x715, 44K)

that code looks like ass
also learn version control

Attached: 1505943160217.png (645x729, 50K)

>hi-IQ
>OOP

You never programmed a single day in your life.

shut the fuck up

>

Attached: 1564593646304.png (712x750, 104K)

Cuck++

is that you?

dear God is this what Jow Forums programs like

>i-is that you?

Attached: 1564594634097.jpg (1080x1020, 131K)

rsync()

Fixed it for you.

I don't think it's reasonable to scroll to a random set of lines in the source code for a non-trivial piece of software and expect to be able to understand it without any context. Regardless of the programming language.

Prove me wrong.

This.

Attached: 1564670053289.jpg (769x579, 46K)

You just don't "get it". You just don't understand modern programming requirements.

I'm writing a program that synchronises two folders, taking into account misplacements, hash sums, dates, etc

Attached: Untitled.png (1351x819, 45K)

Why don’t people make their shit readable, as in, the way every book tells you to do it, eg:

if is_on_right(file_left)
{
file_move(file_right, second_path);
}
if (is_missing(file_left) || is_newer(file_right))
{
file_copy(file_left, file_right);
}

And then you implement those functions below in a clear way. Saves the need for that shitty comment too

I'm panic-programming before the deadline while calming myself down on Jow Forums

>C++ job to synchronises two folders
what

You're given two folders on your filesystem, now synchronise them. That is, either make the right folder the same as the left, copy missing files in either direction, or copy but also update files.

Yeah, whatever. The font in that picture is nice though. Could you tell me what the name of it is?

IBM plex mono. Also has ligatures, perfect for

create a symlink betwwen them?

Not allowed to use symlinks, it's a toj project to utilise the new std::filesystem

You’re not doing yourself a favour this way, it will only become more convoluted. Just take an hour to clean it up and thank me afterwards. Don’t mix high and low level logic, just write the high level stuff first as understandable function calls and low level stuff below. Give meaningful names and make it testable

Good luck

Thanks

>toy project
>deadline
something does not compute

>namespace::namespace::namespace::constant
I hate C++, at least C++ 20 will make this slightly less cancerous.

Okay it's a school project but I have a deadline.

this, I much prefer C's nmspc1_type_func(nmspc2_type_func(nmspc3_type_func(constant)))

>school project
>August

I "failed" data structures & algorithms class to earn an A on the secondary exams instead of B during the semester but I think I'll fail beacuse I wasted my time playing videogames.

I don't think anyone but a few

>wasted
if you enjoyed it, it was not wasted

Attached: 457e7b7dba2bdf4ff3503ab0892f95ce.jpg (777x960, 83K)

Well I fucking loved it, I beat all three stalker games in july twice over. But then the fun stopped and the hollow feeling settled back in my life (my professor kept chatting in Steam to stop gaming).

This time you have a boss to beat in real life.

Give 'em hell

>professor
>chatting in Steam

Well professor is a programmer so he understands computers. He has 5+k hours on shit like shenzhen i/o, world of guns, mechanic simulator, and other shit

OK, maybe it's just my university where it's not normal to have your professors as friends in Steam.

I'm eastern european ahhahah

so rsync but shit?

I guess and in c++

Name one other language with built-in loop unrolling functionality.

Attached: zero_overhead.png (684x347, 38K)

>file is on right
>because the code is on right

mediocre tier code quality

isn't it better to generate two maps for each folder with the file checksum and filepath then take the difference and copy/move said difference to the left folder?