The average entry level PC still only has 4 GB RAM

>the average entry level PC still only has 4 GB RAM
this is literally a basic Windows 10 install, even before I opened the web browser. It should be a law that a computer has at least 16 GB RAM

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/cV8kdY9
imgur.com/a/cMz256X
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>basic Windows 10 install
What fucking version are you on, ltsc only uses 1.5GB

>It should be a law
No

something something wasted ram.
btw my 2GB machine idle at 650-700MB.

What OS/version? How often are you paging to/from disk?

That's what you get for pirating Windows.

This is a fresh install on a new build done yesterday.

Attached: Untitled.png (666x593, 23K)

Latest Windoze 10
>How often are you paging to/from disk?
I don't know. But probably really often because that just how Windows works

What so we can create even more waste? Most people just don't need much more than that

>It should be a law that a computer has at least 16 GB RAM
No. It should be law that an OS doesn't use over a gigabyte of RAM on idle.

works on my machine

Attached: 1561964306898.jpg (682x601, 52K)

2133MHz lol fucking retard. If you pirated LTSC you could've afforded less shitty RAM

What kind of garbage is that? My $300 Lenovo from Walmart in 2016 came with 6GB and an AMD A8/R5 combo. That was entry level.

4,5GB? It's using for me like that much RAM with browser and things already running in background.

Agreed. My snsv gaymen laptop uses less with nothing running and it's not even de-bloated.

>It should be a law that a computer has at least 16 GB RAM
Maybe not law but giving out dual 8 sticks would be nice

Oh, it's worse than just 2133MHz since the mobo is broken and won't do dual-channel. But it cost $380 and it has a GTX 1070.

Attached: i5 6600k.png (677x528, 37K)

>tfw fell for the 16GB meme

Attached: 16gb.jpg (1770x646, 287K)

Get a job nigger

Out of interest, how many processes is that heap of shit running?.

Attached: pajeet-support.jpg (250x250, 45K)

Mine
Just browsing

Attached: Screenshot_9.png (662x589, 33K)

Can't tell you right now. I swapped it out for a Vostro 200 I'm playing with. (Just did a $4 upgrade from an E4600 to an E8400)

um I just downloaded it from MS

4 gb is plenty to run Linux with a tilingwm

This worm with a side of metalhook has a wierd after taste but it's good

MS is a botnet. You should've downloaded it from Microsoft.

>even caring what normies have to put up with for their crime of buying whatever computer the best buy guy and or social media told them to get
It's like getting mad at a pleb for driving a minivan, sure it's offensive but they'll never figure out why.

Windows RAM usage scales with the amount available. I have a 4gb box it idled at around 1gb with some work.

this is supposed to be my comfy school machine and Windows just eats up all the RAM it wants so it isn't comfy AT ALL

Windows hasn't been comfy since 3.11 for Workgroups.

Holy shit Vista takes forever to install.

This
It's really hard to gauge actual RAM use with Windows 10 as the more RAM you have the more it's going to cache and keep things loaded

gentoo only uses 300mb or less, cope harder winbabby

Wow, so Win 3.1 functionality taking only 300 times the RAM?

XP eats your 1990's OS for breakfast.

Attached: xp.png (1280x819, 206K)

I'd prefer MS-DOS, which has more and better software, superior hardware support, and works in 256KB RAM. Cope harder freetard.

(Checked)
Now do Win2k, which will probably idle at 50MB, and do a whole lot more than Shittoo ever will.

>implying you can do more with a deprecated proprietary OS than a modern unix-like os
maybe if running old programs is your goal, maybe.

Attached: 2channel.png (1239x712, 201K)

samefag changed ip

>implying you can do more with a deprecated proprietary OS
Yes.
>than a modern
>unix-like
Pick one, you fucking mong.

>Vista Home Basic takes 1GB
When did this happen? Wasn't RC1 only a couple hundred megs?

I need at least another 4Gb. But until I survive well in the few activities I do.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-15.png (903x729, 44K)

1GB for it to run smoothly probably
It should be only 512MB officially but clearly that was too conservative

No I mean it's actually taking 1GB on boot.

desu you should know better than to think Jow Forumstards are capable anything but screeching about bloat and other FUD.

I have some old harvested laptop ram I want to get a laptop converter for. I know they are both DDR3 but I'm not sure where to look to see if the speed or whatever is compatible or this converter will work. Can someone please take a look at this and tell me if it will work?

imgur.com/a/cV8kdY9

Yes, that looks right.

>this is literally a basic Windows 10 install
Lie. I've just installed Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft's site and it only eats 1.3 GB of RAM from start.

the speeds apparently aren't the same, I think the laptop is 1600 and desktop is 1300 or something. I really don't care if it underclocks the laptop ram, I just want to be able to use chrome while I have a game running in windowed mode and such. if it matters, my mother board is an Asrock Z77 pro3

WHERE ARE THE HIGH SPEED 16GB DIMMS

Attached: njJ4Kaw.png (1880x1041, 115K)

dont you just find it funny when normies get baited into buying 4gb computers?

also have no idea is the voltage is the same, it's only 10$ so might as well try. worst case scenario I have like 3 other dead laptops with 8 gigs of ram i can harvest and try.

Post SPD tab with one if the DIMMS selected.

I don't know how it sells. Literally all you need to be able to do for normies is run youtube and netflix and 4gbs causes both to chug like a slideshow.

imgur.com/a/cMz256X

i'm retarded

Attached: ram.png (6720x3734, 1.97M)

Show us your process table sorted by memory usage. Then maybe I'll believe this.

What the fuck is this. Is 8.1 actually more optimized than 10?

voltage is both 1.5 volts right? should work pretty well so long as the converter works.

12 year old 3 gig right, running LibreOffice, Firefox, gimp, Thunderbird, and a music at the same time still crazy fast.

4gigs should be more than enough for anyone unless you have special needs like video editing or are a hardcore gamer

Attached: desktop.png (1680x1050, 1.59M)

Yeah, that is 1333MHz. 1600 will work with it running at 1333MHz.

And Wikipedia says DDR3 low voltage is compatible with the regular 1.5V DDR3 voltage.

That's probably stripped down. As I said earlier a fresh install of Vista SP2 is taking 1GB.

any insight into the chinese 10$ converter? the reviews say it worked for them but forced the ram down to 1333mhz from 1600. i've heard these converters aren't stable but it might just be people mixing incompatible ram.

Never used one.

>only
>1.5GB
Hahahahahahaahahahah wincucks btfo.

Attached: 1563127310674.jpg (398x376, 37K)

it's still crap

Attached: 12-36-49-216_2019.jpg (1024x768, 401K)

Superfetch more than likely

Wow, look at all that nothing.

nice avatar usage

Not bloated enough for you mate huh? Lmao.

idle???
what the fuck is that os even doing in the background? my distro uses like 80mb on idle

>58785 MHz
HOW