EU has a 2 year warranty for ALL products, including phones...

>EU has a 2 year warranty for ALL products, including phones, and you can ask for a full refund if there is one (1) defect and you don't need to provide any justifications, but you do need to provide evidence of the defect(s)

I'm going to EU for 1 month and I'll be in several EU countries during my trip. Which EU country got the cheapest phone and how can I "discover" (wink wink) defects on my phone and get a full refund?

Attached: 1538646282295.png (526x397, 487K)

Other urls found in this thread:

europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

|
|>

Nice try, schlomo, but you won't fool anyone. You tax me = I get my shit back. That's how it works.

is this how we get AMD to fix the PCIe reset bug?

Enjoy paying VAT + higher prices on everything, in the USA you could basically buy 2 of the devices

EU isn't 2x more expensive than the US when it comes to phones.

Im.just saying you are cheap, why not just buy a plan from there with your phone?

um you need to give it back to the store where you bought it, then they'll check if it works and give you a new one if it doesn't
not sure how you could profit of this you will pay the full price for the phone

>Im.just saying you are cheap
I've lived in Denmark for 14 years. I know what their taxes are like. I know that it's not small. Accusing anyone of being cheap when your people are starving and robbing EU citizens with high taxes is fucking hilarious.

According to the EU consumer laws, you can ask for a replacement or full refund and they have to oblige. The only problem is that there need to be one or several defects and you must prove that it was there after you first started using the phone.

but he is not going to keep the phone and the money there's no possible profit here
he'll be wasting time of a vacation to use a different phone for a month

>getting a full refund if there is a defect is not a profit
the fuck?

it's bullshit it's not like in us where you can walk in with broken phone and blame the manufacturer that glass wasn't strong enough
oh and warranty doesn't mechanical damage or anything that might have been caused by "using it the wrong way"

also this

>you need to give it back to the store where you bought it

i have successfully claimed warranty once, on 5€ earbuds

>how can I "discover" (wink wink) defects on my phone and get a full refund?
you don't get a refund if they detect no defect when you RMA it

Yes, I will be giving the phone back. That is the point of a refund.. There is a defect, you return the phone, you prove it, you get refund and you buy a new phone with the same money.

The point is, how do I create a "defect"? Do I leave it outside when there's lightning?

>and get a full refund?
yeah no
9/10 they don't refund, they replace it or repair it
and that's only if they have found a defect when they test it

are you retarded?
1. spend 1000€ on a brand new iphone 14™
2. use iphone 30 days
3. go back to the same store where you bought it
4. somehow probe that it was broken when you bought it
5. leave phone @store get 1000€ back
6. you have no phone and the same money as before

you'll have to waste plenty of time doing this why would you do it during a vacation?

their time has no value

>9/10 they don't refund
What the fuck are you even trying to say retard, they do refund. It is even spelled out for you in the consumer law itself.

Holy autism, you are literally retarded. Why the fuck are you talking about iPhones and returning it after 30 days. How many mental illnesses do you have?

>how do I create a "defect"?
any tampering will void it
you can try to plug it with higher voltage and that wouldn't count as a defect since its user's fault
warranty laws are very jewish here
sometimes even if it's a natural defect they refuse to refund/repair/replace because they have no proof that you didn't do it yourself (happened to me)

>in the consumer law itself
law says they don't have an obligation to refund cash money, they can give you points that you can only spend in their shop and that wouldn't break the law

Read a fucking book

europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm

did you even read the OP? kys retard

Did you? The OP never mentioned any iPhone or 30 days.

Android itself is a defect.

go fuck yourself you retardedamerimutt
i'm trying to make you understand that there's no "universal european law" and that every country has a different variation of consumer protection law that wont grant you an automatic refund

>"universal european law"
You're the only one saying that, dumbfuck

hurr durr how do i convert one september to microwave time

fake and retarded. source: studied law in a european country

kill yourself

"In most countries there is a "hierarchy of remedies". This means that your customer must firstly request that you repair the product, or replace it if repair is not a viable option (e.g. too expensive). You must do this within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience for your customer." in what world does that mean that you can get a full refund any time you want

On my American passport. And guess what, if you won't give me a refund, you'll to stop my army. How are you going to do that when you pay us to defend you?

pls get help

If I were you, I'd just shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1550258752279.png (951x712, 995K)

How did you get from refunds on a phone to who has the bigger army? Get your head out of your ass, retard.

You asked and I gave you an explanation.

I'll shut my brain for a sec and try to give you a similarly retarded explanation.

Aham. aMERicaNs ArE jUst FanCY BrITish. tHatS BaSIcAlLy RunAWay EuROpeANs. evERytHiNg AmEriCan Is bASsiCaLLy eUROpean. amErIcAn ArMY = EuRoPean ArmY. HAha, cHeCHmAte MY dUDE.

Even if that would work(it wont) you would still have to give the phone back.
Your plan is all around mediocre.

You'd pay maybe 30-50€ more at max for an average high end 600-700€ flagship.

Now take into account that your device is now covered under a significantly better warranty system where the retailers and manufacturers can't squirm their way out and practically end the warranty the second you leave the store with the product, all while trying to flog you shitty insurances against these exact defects which are already covered by EU law for up to 5 years.

I truly pity you, American.

>mutt trying to come here and scam us
No wonder your country is a shithole. It won't work by the way, telling you as someone who works at retail.

It's just more expensive, to make up for the cost of the warranty, it doesn't actually benefit the consumer very much, it is just forcefully distributing the cost of warranties upon all the people who purchased devices which did work fine.

Can't you in the US also pay for an extended warranty? How much would that cost?

>On my American passport.
Lol.

>if you won't give me a refund, you'll to stop my army
Yes, "your army" is gonna invite France because a company there acted within the consumer law and refused you a refund.

This is your brain on Amerimutt.

>You'd pay maybe 30-50€ more at max
Really? Looking at a few devices the price difference on Amazon seems much greater.
And what do you pay for a 2 year extended warranty on the US anyway?

The moment they realized you are a filthy foreigner they will start doubting you if they call the forensic for the phone you can be fined

It's also implied that you bought the damn thing here, fucking mutt

After the first year there's a reversal of proof
>y1: merchant has to prove you used it wrong
>y2: you have to prove you used it right
In practice 99% of merchants don't make a fuss about returns though.

You have been lied to.
You don't have rights to a refund. The seller has the choice between repairing or replacing your product. Only if he can not repair or replace it (or chooses not to do so) do you have a right to refund.

Attached: 1520325366605.jpg (350x188, 10K)

You can return anything without any reason within 30 days.

Volkswagen bought back every car in the US that was affected by the Diesel scandal.
US law protects consumers.
Volkswagen in Europe gave their customers the finger and is laughing all the way to the bank. They can sell illegal products to people and get away with it.
EU law protects big corporations.

>wink wink
kys
just get prepaid card, dumb fuck
why would you even need your phone on vacation?
what kind of vacation is this?
>oh, but but... I'll get lost without my GPS!!!
get a map, dumb shit
>b..but I'm too retarded
I hope someone will put his knife between your ribs.
what a fucking retarded pussy

>buy a Nokia 8 last year
>it has a mild case of screen retention
>now it's getting worse
>if an image is static for 30 seconds, the image is burnt into the screen for several minutes
Could I claim warranty for this? It's not permanent, but it's getting really annoying and it has this weird pinkish hue at the corners when the night filter is on.

Attached: 1557512781193.gif (400x267, 176K)

unused and in the not damagaed retail package, some stores exclude electronics from being returned.

But they didn't violate EU laws, why would they do anything in EU?

Dayammm Dawg!

Bullshit in every single thing.
The store is breaking the law.

They did the exact same thing in Europe as they did in the US. 8 million cars in the EU lost their certification and became illegal to drive on the road

>how can I "discover" (wink wink) defects on my phone and get a full refund?
If you REALLY have a problem they will fix it or replace your phone if not fixable. If there is no replacement, you will get your money back. "The customer is always right" is not true in the EU. If you don't have areal problem they'll just kick you out of the store and tell it to your face that you're a retard. Same is true if you broke it.
Other advantage for buying a phone in the EU is that the phone can't be locked in a certain network (it's illegal).

I do this pretty often with a lot of stuff. I just got a new phone for my mom, my gf and myself and returned the old ones and got the full refund.
just buy through amazon, you don't need to prove shit, just tell them the battery is not charging anymore

Not how EU laws work, you can create car for EU market that doesn't meet standards, all you have to do is pay government per every g of co2, this doesn't affect consumers that bought be car for cheaper at all.

This isn't about CO2 emissions. It's about NOx emissions.
Volkswagen sold cars that used cheat software during certification and thus were illegal to sell and once this was known illegal to drive.

In the US they bought back every car that used cheats during certification.
in the EU they offered dubious software updates without compensating customers for the lost performance or fuel economy and without accepting full liability in case the software updates damage the engine over time.

US customers got their money back.
EU customers got buttfucked.

This is wrong. If you fuck up your device you won't get shit and two years is incorrect too.

>theyre at it again
God bless :DDDD Now read about the warranty policy again, without skipping pages.

Attached: 8eb.png (600x1000, 179K)

German reporting. He is wrong! We had 14 days to send Items back and get a full refund + shipping cost. Now we have to pay shipping but most shops don't care they see it as service. 6 month we get replacement if something is broken and then 16 month where in theory we have to prof the item was broken from day1 so. but most online shops will give a replacement for 2 years. but by law they have to only 6 months.

Also shop have a right to repair or replace before they refund.

>Paying VAT
you can get that back at customs these days, just sign some papers, show them at the airport, give 10$ to some bureaucrat and you'll get your refund in a week or two.

That's why all the chinese are buying expensive handbags, they get the refund and sell it back home, that usually pays their trip.

>On my American passport.
in EU your "American passport" is worth as much as paper its made of

>20% of $700 is $700
user, I...

CZ here, we got the whole 2 years covered mandatory. State law, not EU.

You need the receipt to proof you bought it at the place you want the refund. After the first 6 months the shop can send it in for a repair and depending on what it exactly is you have to pay for that.
t. germany

Yes, you can, because it's a defect.

The Laura of wet blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this Laura just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)