Is 29 too old to go to school for a Comp Sci degree to work in the vidya industry afterwards...

Is 29 too old to go to school for a Comp Sci degree to work in the vidya industry afterwards? I feel like the ageism will hit hard when applying

Attached: cool pool.jpg (880x1240, 553K)

Ageism or realization of a life of laziness?

>work in the vidya industry

You are an autistic child at heart so you'll be fine

the slave drivers will likely prove too much for your withered bones, old man.
On the other hand, there's a lecturer at my uni who is currently doing his PHD at 44 (and started on his batchelors at 39). Just know that the job sucks and you will wish you were dead during "crunch time", which in many companies lasts months.

It's too late, give up.

>going to comp sci to work in vidya

Unless you're going to become some graphics programmer (doubt it with what a brainlet question you asked), you should just go start a twitch channel or something.

>vidya
there are no fucking jobs

I thought the thumbnail was tux racer

it's never too late, fag

started with 29, got my degree and found a decent job after but not in the vidya industry.

people won't care about your age if you bring the right skills. IT is probably the best industry to get a job without the perfect resume. however, this shit won't come on its own. sitting through a bsc for 3 years barely covers the basics. you'd have to teach yourself tons of things to be desirable for employers.

gotta stay realistic dude. I knew what a lazy, ambitionless fuck I am when I started this so I went for the easy road. sys admin for a medium size company. most of my days I spent 3-4 hours working and shitposting for the rest of the time.

fucken tripfag

Mate, I'm turning off my VPN just so I can reply to your post.

Don't bother.

You don't get into the games industry by having a ComSci degree. Sure, it's a requirement in many cases, but that's not all you need.

You need a big portfolio, showing off your talent, skills and passion for game design and development.

If you dont have some awesome games to show off, no one is going to hire you.

Age doesn't matter. You could be 50. So long as you're a friendly person, with good skills, and a good portfolio, you'll be fine.

Also, the demand for the industry is so insanely high, and most of the jobs suck.

You're best off to make your own indie game.

Good luck.

Is 25 too old to get into tech? I worked as an accountant for about 3 years after graduating. My degree is in accounting. It's BS and I want to program.

the baron can be eloquent when he isn't spamming desktop threads

Attached: 1553041450167.jpg (368x335, 20K)

Just settle for making some macros for your job every now and then, it satisfies the same part of the brain and you don't need to get another degree.

No I want to be a software developer.

this. the game industry is so huge that you wont work for a triple a game studio unless youve already worked on some big games or made your own.

and making your own games fucking sucks. even with engines. it takes forever to produce something serious with a one man team

No. Education is a lifelong pursuit. If you know your shit and have connections then whatever arbitrary age you're current at really doesn't matter.
Also your image gives me anxiety for some reason.

Even you finished your degree at 22 you always hit the wall at some point, user
It never too late

Ageizm is a meme.
I know old people who are even better then the young generations at adopting tech education and nuance into their brains, and I also know old people who are a lost cause when trying to explain the most basic of shit to them.
The difference is interest. The later is old and doesn't give a fuck anymore, they figure their life is at an end and they've given up on most shit and adopted laziness out of excuse that they worked hard enough already. Ironically this mentality is what kills them faster, old people who stop with activity enter an accelerated phase of aging and dying, while those who keep being active both physically and mentally are always prolonging their life. Anyhow, to go back, the former doesn't give a shit about their old age and still acts as if they are 20 and have a whole life ahead of them, which comes with never-ending will to pay attention and dabble in shit.
You however you humongous faggot OP, are not even close to be considered old, 30 might as well still be categorized as being a retarded teenager. Shitloads of people get education even in their 40's, the difference is that they go at it with a mature and well thought out purpose so they exploit it more easily than a 20 year old getting that same education.
The question is whether you fit into the above, whether it's something you have a well thought out purpose and plan and contingencies around the education you are pursuing.

I have seen 50 year old people at university who were easily the best students in the class. They are interested in studying and educating themselves, most undergrads are interested in appeasing their parents by "doing something" (i.e. the bare minimum) and trying to get pussy.

>cool pool
never seen a more shit pool

so you've been lazing around playing games and smoking weed and now that your friends have all moved on you think you can just take some classes and join the game development industry like that?
with your age you should have AT LEAST 6 years experience, and be a senior dev (or at least close to that) or even a lead.

good luck on the enterviews, most people will sniff your laziness from miles, 30+ and no experience.. right.

>work in the vidya industry afterwards
If you want to make less than a quarter the pay of other software developers

Age is a meme.

I'm graduating next year when I'm 28.
I studied a different degree(marketing lmao) first, got hospitalized for a long time. Then decided to start fresh and to follow my interests. I even learn much better than when i was 19. Universities should be 25+, that's when I knew what to study and that's when I became truly responsible.

To add to this, I'm already getting a lot of job offers to start when I graduate. Companies would rather pick someone with more responsibility than a youngster coming fresh out of college.

Do you want to work in the vidya gaem industry or make money op?

Based

In the four years you spend studying you could have spent learning a game engine and making games.

/thread

29, eh? I mean, yeah, that is kinda old. Like, I know some boomers who could still manage, but they were the younger boomers, not... no offense, but not THAT old. I think it might be a bit too late for you, OP.

29, you say? So, like, you served in WW2, right? I respect that, but that was well over 90 years ago, and we are in the computer age now. I think they had just invented morse-code back when in your more youthful days, but that is quire different from programming code.

29, is it? So, maybe you have personally learned battle tactics from Genghis Khan, but creating strategy in modern video games is a whole different kettle of fish. A kettle is used to make hot water, you are probably more familiar with the original version: the cauldron.

Look, I am very grateful for your generation, especially for inventing ways to make fire, but we are going to have to be realistic about the possibility of you having the mental capacity to grasp the concept of computers and programming.

And tell your great-great-great-grandson thank you for reading this to you and typing out your responses.

>accounting
just learn some syntax and get into software auditing

>accounting.
>It's BS
No its BBA

Who cares, just do something that can keep you a bit busy. Eventually you'll find people that will push you the right way anyways.

>work in the vidya industry afterwards
prepare for 100 shitposts

It's never too late, user. Follow your dreams.

I don't think ageism is a problem if you got skills, but it's very hard to learn new things when you get older mostly because you are dragging vices, prejudices and insecurities from your younger years.

It's not impossible but it's damn hard and in the end, it doesn't even matter, I had to fall to lose it all.

>enterviews

Jesus dude.

>Comp Sci
>vidya industry
29 isn't too old to start studying, but it definitely is too old to be this naive. Those two fields are completely unrelated. Why don't you try studying math and then working on the vidya industry instead? (Don't)

bamp

I am 99% sure that this is a 3D modeled environment and the woman is the only thing real here, it was a photo taken of her swimming in an ordinary pool.