Going Dark

I'm just sick of being tracked and all the ad bullshit. Deleted facebook last year and started using PIA, but I need to go deeper.
I'm a casual gamer, maybe play some Rust/StarCitizen/Civ5, so I'll need to keep Win10. I have Pro with as a much turned off as I can, but I need to go deeper.
I've toyed around with TailsOS and am a longtime TrueCrypt user with an unfucked 7.1a copy to stash my paperwallets. Figured VeraCrypt was an NSA backdoor so never bothered.
Should I just run Tails with the Onion (Firefox) browser for all generic use one of SSD, then Win10+Brave+PIA for my "gayming" OS on another SSD. Then another few drives fully TC'd?
I figure I can lurk from Tails, and shitpost from Win10 when I need to.

Also, does Proton mail have 2FA? I can't find anything on it and figured I might start hosting my own email server.

Attached: Tails.jpg (620x420, 74K)

And yeah, before you say "hurr durr facebook" it was only to appear to be a normie and get married. Don't need it anymore. Games are fun to chill after a long day and I don't care for consoles anymore. 3rd gen Ryzen doesn't have any hardware backdoors like shintel from what I can see.

Attached: 1549683897034.jpg (1219x1167, 734K)

lol

Attached: 1548810414244.jpg (400x288, 26K)

VeraCrypt fixed the vulnerabilities identified in the TrueCrypt source code audit. If you're running TrueCrypt you're a fucking moron.

Attached: giphy[1].gif (500x288, 443K)

>Also, does Proton mail have 2FA? I can't find anything on it and figured I might start hosting my own email server.
Of course it does. It's in the security settings.

>going dark
>keeping Windows
lol subversion hack, just make a windows 10 vm with passthrough and run Debian or something on your Linux partition

>windows

Protonmail is compromised, look at tuta

>1549683897034.jpg
delete this

ProtonMail proxies your traffic through Israel.

Tutanota was forced to add recovery keys to all accounts by the German government, they keep a copy of the recovery key in case the government needs access. They no longer allow the creation of accounts without recovery keys.

They're both compromised. There are no secure email services unfortunately.

if you aren't willing to quit gaming, you should at least segment things. You can dual boot but the better way is to separate your gaming machine and the machine you do everything else on. Steam or the games it runs or what have you can't snoop on your browsing history if you don't do any web browsing on that machine.

Also - this is especially important if there's going to be a W10 machine anywhere on the network - look at your router. You want a robust ability to block connections and filter DNS queries, and you want that to not be on the machine running untrusted software.

Consider your threat model when thinking about disk encryption. Remember that while the machine is on and the drives are unlocked, the key to them is in memory. Drive encryption protects "data at rest" - that is, when the machine is off. It's excellent for making sure that nothing is disclosed in the event that your laptop gets stolen. It doesn't buy you nearly as much if you aren't worried about physical theft of the machine though.

What's the point of "going dark" if you're going to use Windows? It still phones home regardless of how many placebo scripts and host block lists you use. Either use a libre OS or don't bother.

Become your own email provider

>There are no secure email services unfortunately
What about Gmail?

You can't make an account without adding a phone number also
>gmail
Just use cock.li or something.

bro just get a lenovo x220 and get coreboot, then get some non proprietary linux distro, use a vpn that has a no logs policy, use tor, get wine, play games, and delete the ime on your computer (assuming u use intel)

Never use a VPN from VPN companies, buy from your respective choice of host and learn how to set one up.

>ryzen doesn't have any hardware backdoors
what is PSP?

>Deleted facebook
too late

>so I'll need to keep Win10
>I'm just sick of being tracked
lol, don't even bother then

Attached: AMEdesktop.jpg (1366x768, 104K)

>vpn that has a no logs policy
unless you have looked at the code and server infrastructure yourself theres no way to prove they don't keep logs

>I'm a casual gamer, maybe play some Rust/StarCitizen/Civ5, so I'll need to keep Win10.
is this bait or you really thought you didn't sound retarded?

This, but with devuan
Also for win10
>Get the original, firstly released 17763.1 .iso image of LTSC 2019 and use W10UI script by abbodi1406 from mydigitallife forum to integrate .NET Framework 3.5 AND newest updates to the install.wim offline image from that .iso file
>Get the Optimize-Offline script from GitHub, edit the .ps1 script yourself to modify the existing registry tweaks in it and add your own ones
>Use the Optimize-Offline script to remove appx provisioned packages from your updated LTSC .iso: SecHealthUI (Windows Defender), ContentDeliveryManager, ParentalControls, PeopleExperienceHost, BioEnrollment, LockApp and also remove those Capability Packages: App.Support.QuickAssist, Hello.Face, Hello.Face.Migration, MathRecognizer, OneCoreUAP.OneSync, DO NOT remove Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player, removing them both will cause serious issues with some third party software that relies on Windows Media Codecs and IE infrastructure, when the script will ask you to enable Windows Features, choose those two only: LegacyComponents, DirectPlay - this component increases compatibility with older games on Win8+

>play some Rust/StarCitizen/Civ5, so I'll need to keep Win10.
Just use wine on whatever distro ffs

Do you fucks even have reading comprehension? 95% of everything would be in Tails and I'll boot over to Windows for games only. VMs and wine are a fucking joke.

Good to know. I guess I'll selfhost my own email server. Any pointers? I already have a few domains. And how to selfhost with 2FA?

Attached: 1565658176186.jpg (334x506, 28K)

based, just don't dual boot. Get another setup for gayming and stuff

This seems pretty descriptive. Where did you find this information? Are there any downsides to doing this, for example will you still be able to apply security updates?

>Proton mail
Complete honeypot, avoid at all costs.

Will do.
How about email hosting? I can't do that behind a VPN or proxy. It'll be naked.
Just don't have any accounts with any sensative material?

dual booting is like throwing all your pc privacy out of your window fucking retard subhuman
you're addicted to videogames, fucking monkey

There's cock.li

Or is a tor mail service with 2FA possible?

im a fag when it comes to that, use cock.li domains for verification or anything and for sensitive material like something that have your name on it or anything like that then it should be something normie custom domain like your university domain.

Using tor mail services makes you suspicious. You should act like a normie when you have to.

I need help to hack a wpp, is a case of extreme urgency friends, can anyone help me?

Attached: PS_Messages_20181028_220600.jpg (1152x1140, 578K)

Please

>going dark
>still using windows
pick one. you might as well just use windows because you are a baby duck and can't learn new ways of doing things. just accept the privacy rape and say "yes" to all the telemetry.

>Star Citizen

Attached: 1562123235702.png (709x462, 660K)

And even if you use linux you have IME and all that shit. "Going dark" is not really possible.

Hack your penis, tranny

>what is Core/LibreBoot

> but I need to go deeper.

AME is a fucking meme. Just get LTSC.

>going dark

Attached: AYYYYYYY.jpg (720x731, 33K)

Mental illness: The post

this pic always makes me giggle like a tard

rust and civ v are on linux, and star citizen doesn't exist, so you won't need windows

Windows 10 is a literal botnet, don't even bother.

>what are threat models: the post
What the actual fuck do facebook and ad tracking have to do with full disk encryption and TailsOS? Ask yourself what you're trying to accomplish and then find the right tools instead of throwing all the buzzwords you read on Jow Forums together.
Fucking hell you people are retarded.

Faggot google employees can literally read your inbox.

>I guess I'll selfhost my own email server
that's even dumber

user from 8/tech/ when I asked about setting up an ideal (read: less shitty) win10

don't dualboot
Why? Is windows lying when it says it can't read linux partitions?

How do you tell if you are dark after you go dark?

Attached: Patrick.jpg (500x366, 42K)

>deleted facebook last year
>PIA VPN
>Windows 10
>Brave
>backdoored hardware
is this bait?

could someone help me hack a wpp, urgent

Attached: sticker_20190408_104656.png (337x512, 136K)

why are you still awake

I need help

ok retard but what are you even trying to do ? it's good that you're taking your privacy more seriously but you don't have to boot into tails OS via USB every time you want to go on your r/opsec, that's overkill. Maybe try learning Linux and installing an OS so you can have total control over every aspect of your machine ?

I heard you cannot install Tails to hdd is that true?

also what's the point of being "super secure" with tails when the BIOS sitting on your hardware is proprietary with NSA backdoors ?

maybe slow down and start teaching yourself information security and cyber security. you're not going to "go dark" 100% untraceable ebin hackerman the way described in your OP.

You can, but it won't let you do it easily.
>letting your tails sit on the same harddrive that windows is reading and writing to

?

VMs give pretty close to bare metal performance these days unless you've got a shit motherboard.
Don't think about selfhosting email because that shit is hell getting off the ground. Most email providers block mail sent from unverified email servers

You're going full retard.

Learn about opsec.

Learn about disinformation.

Learn about not going full retard.

Pretty sure this is bait jesus christ

>Going Dark
>I'll need to keep Win10

this is your average Jow Forums citizen

throw away your phone (just get a dumbphone if you need one)
use Linux exclusively
use a browser that respects your privacy

there, you're good.

>Going Dark
>I'm a casual gamer

>Gaming
Gentoo/GUIXSD, preferrably the latter.
Windows will be discarded once dxvk covers dx9-12

>I'm just sick of being tracked and all the ad bullshit
There's your problem; you're autistic and schizophrenic.

I dislike how the EX disappears before becoming EXPLAIN

>Tutanota was forced to add recovery keys to all accounts by the German government, they keep a copy of the recovery key in case the government needs access. They no longer allow the creation of accounts without recovery keys.
stop spreading FUD and check the source you absolute glownigger

well, this desu

>going dark
>Brave
ya blew it

the Friendly Windows Thread.
https:// rentry co/ltsc_optimize

also very much this
t.

that reminds me, i should probably make one

t. user that sometimes made the thread

Perfect receipt for becoming a zombie pc on a botnet. People will actually do this...

Attached: 1477771391353.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

Why can't you normies wrap your heads around having two environments? Just sit in Tails, stash anything i need to save to an encrypted drive, and boot over to windows every once in awhile to play games and nothing else.

>windows replaces your bootloader with an infected version that keeps a hypervisor running while you play around in tor
nothing personnel, kiddo

What boot loader? I select the drive from the BIOS.

imagine thinking this is possible

>scam citizen
>using truecrypt 7.1a which has documented vulnerabilities
Retard.

> which has documented vulnerabilities
Show me. Or stop being an NSA shill
I'm starting to think Jow Forums is more cancerous than /b/

Except it has way more Feds than faggots

>married
Game over user, you are in their tendrils already unless you and your boytoy go full on unabomber and fuck off to Montana or something.

>trusting your emails with some faggot that thinks oooh hoo bad word funny :D and whos servers literally gets raided and seized triannually
what an excellent idea

In the forests of northern Maine atm. Wifey and I have been thinking about Montana honestly, so you have me profiled fairly well. I'm honestly surprised it's taken so many posts for anyone to mention the wife bit, so I'm starting to think ~50% of Jow Forums are feds, so it didn't trigger as many responses since they likely have wives.
yeah I ruled them out. I mostly just need email to get into accounts for other services. I don't care if my email gets blocked and one of my friends can't read it. That's what texting is for anyway. I just want to have an iron clad self-hosted email service. I don't give a shit if I'm blacklisted. That'll just make me more of a ghost.

Attached: 1552586035726.jpg (571x428, 65K)

Everyone's a fed but me. Or was it everyone's an AI but me?
Don't feel like reading the recommendations you got from schizos and/or feds so I'll just say toss the tech and you're off the grid already. You'll still get caught by cctv, any purchases you make even with cash, hell any electricity usage is already a tell to the feds. Maybe just better off waiting until a governmental collapse occurs, you know all the rich fucks are prepping for that with the bunkers and security already.

>an unfucked 7.1a copy
binary checksum?

You'll still get caught
I'm not doing anything wrong, I just don't like the principle of being a pawn and being watched. They already control you with targeted ads and their algos. But yeah I'm honestly thinking of going full blown hermit. I'm already /out/ and Jow Forums a I can be. I'm nearing my thirties and fed up with the whole gaymin world anyway.

You asking or shitposting? What kind of checksum do you want and what sum are you testing it against?

Attached: 1558154945660.jpg (720x960, 80K)

If you play multiplayer games through a VPN, you're going to get caught up in a ban wave.

Been playing Rust for a few months now with no EAC kicks or Steam bans through PIA. The data from my personal test VS your load of shit says you're wrong.

Attached: 1560574848197.jpg (640x480, 20K)

>started using tor in graduate school for research purposes
>actual research, not “research”, shared data with professors and researchers in rough areas via tor
>every now and then get a weirdly worded reply on various boards that gets deleted along with my post user responded to
You can’t really go dark in current year, people are tracking you. Even those rough area governments would put the clamps on methods of communication relatively quickly if people were careless. It might be paranoia, but I’m pretty sure I’m on a list and have been for years despite doing actual work for the federal government.

>You asking or shitposting?
I just want to know if my own copy (the one I got from the arch repo) is "unfucked".