Why does this game look and feel so good while modern FPSs are shit?

Why does this game look and feel so good while modern FPSs are shit?

Attached: quake.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wrath.game/
moddb.com/mods/preacher
warosu.org/g/image/cKV5p_HnKN1k8eZHt7ks0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: dreamy-rose-glasses-effect.jpg (800x566, 86K)

Pace.

Why do you ask questions when you already know the answer? Quake 1 aka Quakeworld is infinitely times better than modern FPS's because it didn't cater to the normie public and cowadoody audience. Back then things were simple, all you had to do was strafe, get powerful weapons + ammo and blast whatever the fuck showed up on your screen. Nowadays? Heh, you have to account for the other 250 players on the fucking server where 240 have undetectable wallhacks and the other 9 are pro's that know the game inside out and are playing on superior hardware completely equipped with pro and streamer loot up to their teeth.
Let it die fren, the simpler times are gone and they are never coming back.

because representation is more artistic than replication. it's the same reason a painting looks better than a photograph. modern games try too hard to look realistic, using photographed textures and ultra-high poly models, and the result is underwhelming. it's a stupid goal to begin with because if i wanted real life i wouldn't be playing games.

I've never played Quake before this week. Retro-styled FPSs like DUSK also just don't compete.

Doesn't explain why the retro-styled FPSs that are starting to come out just don't compete

>silver 2 the post

Sure m8, let's go play some Quake Champions and we'll see who's silver and who's not. I can bet my ballsack you run around without strafing playing with your big assed Nix while I will motherfucking rape your virgin ass with the superior Doom guy.

Check out what 3D Realms has been up to. Including this gem wrath.game/

Simple geometry level low to non inputlag. fast gameplay without boring shit no reason no sit close on a edge and wait to test your reflexes. Modern games are build with console support because console gamer money is huge.

Gives me motion sickness something fierce for some reason

try remove roll + more fov

zoom zoom

Attached: Amid Evil.jpg (2560x1440, 874K)

Anything with that shitty light engine gets me too.

Portal, seven days to die, dead island, dark souls.

I can play TF2 and L4D for 6+ hours though with no ill effects despite being same engine as portal so it has to be POV + shitty lighting.

this thematic mapset with well crafted circular nature has been more pleasant for me to traverse than DOOM 2k16 'you're trapped in a square arena lol but look at those graphics' fuckery

moddb.com/mods/preacher
(i recommend adding Bolognese Gore Mod mod on top for more blood and gibs. then it's just right.)

you can't jump, enemies are dumb as they can be and floors don't stack on each other, and it is still comparable if not better. talk about dimishing returns in game development.

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20170126_155807.png (620x388, 332K)

Did someone say VIDEO GAMES?!?

Attached: 1526649079127.gif (413x243, 51K)

play heretic, it's basically catholic themed doom.

LOOK AT ALL THESE VTARDS!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GET OUT FAGGOTS!!!

Because it's built to be a game by people who played a lot of games.
The id team on quake was made up of FPS vets that had been there since the dawn of the genre and as such the game was built by people with an intimate knowledge of movement and gunplay and it was supported by a team of developers that knew how to write fast and efficient code.

tl;dr, the people that made it knew their shit

warosu.org/g/image/cKV5p_HnKN1k8eZHt7ks0w

One day, maybe when you stop being a summernewfag, you will get bored of this.

>Doesn't explain why the retro-styled FPSs that are starting to come out just don't compete
The word says it - retro-style. It isn't actually retro, it doesn't retain any of what made it good, it's just retro-style.