Do you guys hoard your tech boxes? IDK why I do it, I used to justify resale value or something...

Do you guys hoard your tech boxes? IDK why I do it, I used to justify resale value or something, not I just keep them anyway. Got boxes for speakers, cases, gpus, motherboards, etc

Whats the oldest box you have? I think mines probably from 1990 for my gameboy.

Attached: 61f0c6ea-8531-453c-b5fa-0ce2b41dae69-2060x1236.jpg (620x372, 30K)

I keep them until the return window closes and then throw them away.

unless I have immediate need of a box to store something or other around my house, I get rid of them pretty much as soon as I know I don't need to return whatever came in them.

I keep my figurine boxes, it makes sense for nendos, but I don't even plan on reselling ever so I use them as decoration.

Man im awful with my nendoroids. I havent taken them out of the box at all.

free storage!

Why would you do that?
They're not even presentable looking when they're new in the box, most still come wrapped in plastic and it's visible through the box.
They're not like funkos where they outright sell official "funko box protectors" because everyone keeps their garbage lumps of plastic in their original box.

i dont even display them, i put them in storage..

I keep them until the warranty runs out, under my desk.

Why tho?

I keep my boxes until their factory/store warranty falls off. Even then I keep the boxes for certain things such as my CPU, GPU, and motherboard. If I ever retire the component or go to sell it online, it's far easier to just stick it in its original box.

Ya ya ya i do that. I started in 2011, with ipod touch 4g box. Now it just laying down there. Storing 'em is so satisfying for me.

Attached: 8679815150.jpg (354x400, 13K)

Until warranty is over

this, they mostly sit in a rubbermaid container and are gone through till it's filled, then an audit of what is under warranty
good to keep the invoices with the boxes too

Yes I do, always helps with resales.

they’re handy for pc parts if you ever move

>what is a computer case

I keep the boxes and fold them.
If had my own house I wouldn't give a shit, but if you rent and relocate often packaging material doesn't come cheap.

Only for that kind of stuff where I plan to eventually resell it again.
And motherboard boxes because that's where I keep all the spare cables and so on.

let me just drive with my heavy as shit gpu rattling around inside

they're usually above average quality for boxes so ofc i keep them, i usually put my DnD minis and dice in them, i put my lockpick stuff in a few and screws n magnets in another bunch.

>motherboard box stores all the little tidbits from the build (manuals, extra cables, screws, adapter plates, etc)
>everything else gets tossed after warranty period is ogre
I'm not a fucking hoarder especially not for cardboard boxes.

Image your sister lil fagget son finds and opens all your mint condition boxes? Would you kill him?

i don't like it but i tend to keep them for some reason, maybe if i ever decided to sell something

also i keep them at least 30 days or whatever the return period is

I need to stop hoarding them all. I can't get over feeling like I need to keep all the boxes
And even just old tech. I have an old phone that doesn't turn on anymore but it's hard to just throw it out

I buy most of my shit used so I don't have many.

i keep them until the item it was designed for gets replaced, then i put the item in his original box, if the items gets broken i throw the box because it has no value.

I just put them onto my shelves because:
1. It's slightly less effort than throwing it away
2. I can throw all the packaging and documentation into the box
3. My room has a floor to ceiling, wall to wall abomination that I will never ever fill up, not least of all because I own 5 books

Only while they are in warranty or it's something that has resale value or I want to resell later.

Attached: 1565891270921.png (528x514, 284K)

this man knows. exactly what I do, then you know when you look for something 2 yrs later it's just in the damn motherboard box instead of hauling ass all over the house trying to find that pack of case screws

I keep them if they look pretty/are recognizable for other people so I can show it off on my shelf.

Boxes after things like the newest fagPad Pro or Xiaomi Notebook Pro look pretty, why not keep it if I've got some space left and my cat is not jumping on that shelf anyway?

inb4 I never resell.
Also, boxes after PC cases make a nice storage unit.

the box is the perfect place to keep all the accessories and manuals it came with. I only throw away boxes for utilitarian items, if the item is for entertainment or is collectible, then I still have the box.

I keep em for when i sell things on ebay