This Tesla Model 3 got over 100,000 miles

Owen Thomas
Owen Thomas

This Tesla Model 3 got over 100,000 miles.

What is holding you back using that you are using ancient technology and not advancing yourself into the future of driving solely just electric?

Imagine how much money you will save. No gas, no oil, no maintenance needed.

Why are you using ancient cars that you have to pay for gas, oil and maintenance.

Attached: 1549430460620.png (3.14 MB, 1840x1380)

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/content/dam/tesla-site/sx-redesign/img/model3-proto/autonomy/future-of-autopilot/Autopilot Full Self-Driving Hardware (Neighborhood Short).mp4
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-16/tesla-order-breakdown-signals-service-a-risk-in-bmw-s-backyard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle#First_practical_electric_cars
autoblog.com/2019/08/16/tesla-owner-implants-key-chip-in-body/

Logan King
Logan King

Engine still needs oil, Tesla build quality is poor and always requires maintenance. Choosing electric is good idea, choosing Tesla isn't.

Connor Murphy
Connor Murphy

no maintenance
user...

Adam Scott
Adam Scott

Buying a new car and not a used one
Never gonna make it to FIRE

Jose Ortiz
Jose Ortiz

No gas, no oil
Do you know that you have to pay for electricity?
Just because you don't have to pay for fuel X, but fuel Y doesn't mean you are suddenly not paying anything.

And what do you mean by "no maintenance", just because the motor is electrical doesn't mean nothing breaks...

Hunter James
Hunter James

There's no electric charging stations around and Teslas are gay. Never buy american cars.

Lincoln Turner
Lincoln Turner

owning a vehicle at all
Never gonna make it to ERE

Angel Rodriguez
Angel Rodriguez

I like how no one mentioned that it's km not miles, also nice reddit spacing

Attached: gasp.jpg (27 KB, 430x392)

Chase Ward
Chase Ward

Here in pizzaland we have like 4 superchargers in all the country.

Blake Ortiz
Blake Ortiz

It takes five hours to charge.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

Money.

Kevin Peterson
Kevin Peterson

advance yourself into the future of driving
miles
Wake me up when we leave ancient Roman units behind.

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

over 100,000 miles
says km on the picture
my ferd cletus burns only the purest diesel and has already clocked in 220000 km and I paid only 13000€ for achieving that.
It might seem alot but that bullshittery of a car starts at around 50k€.

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

well one reason is that I want a car with no fucking screens in it.

the 20yo Japanese econobox I have now has 150k miles on it (miles, you seem to be confused about miles vs kilometers) and if I were going to replace it I'd demand that the replacement not just save me money on fuel and maintenance, but that it save enough money to pay back its purchase price. I'm skeptical that any Tesla is going to be cheap enough to buy and operate that it'll even come close to clearing that bar.

Camden Lopez
Camden Lopez

100 000 km
over 100 000 miles

Whats holding me back? Money. I dont have 50k to buy a tesla, cant afford to have charging station installed, I also live in a apartment so no garage and sometimes I have to park several streets away.
My current car didnt cost me even 1k, its cheaper to run than use public transport, unless something major breaks and needs replacing (hasnt happened for over 2 years), only thing thats expensive is insurance, but tesla also needs insurance.
So again why should I waste my money on tesla?

Michael Barnes
Michael Barnes

the 30 some odd year old jap car i own will outlast that tesla provided i don't drive the jap car in the winter and let the road salt jew destroy it

Sebastian Adams
Sebastian Adams

This is normal for a car not made in Germanistan

Leo Allen
Leo Allen

i am confused.
what is 100,000 km?
its not range, is it usage?

if so, who cares. all cars can get 100k mileage without much trouble.

Caleb Reed
Caleb Reed

Tesla is literally the Apple of cars.
hard as fuck to repair
have to go to Tesla specific service centers
closed sources software
can't drive car unless you update software
Come back when we have electric cars built on FLOSS Software with hardware that respects the Right to Repair.

John Martinez
John Martinez

electric car
pro:
- significantly lower fuel cost per 100 km
- low maintenance due to much lower amount of moving parts
- looks cool
- probably tax cuts and special priviledges depending on where you live

contra:
- fuel cost and tax benefits are offset by you having to install a charging station on your parking space
- meaning, you need a private parking space to begin with
- Tesla built quality
- having to rent a car if you wanna get somewhere more than 100 klicks away from your home

if i lived in a city and had a job, i'd buy a cheapo e-car from a different brand as my daily driver. I really don't see any other application of those vehicles with the current battery technology.
However, they are currently trying to invent a way better alternative to the good ol lithium-ion-fags

Attached: 1550506854847.jpg (6 KB, 200x164)

Oliver Rodriguez
Oliver Rodriguez

What is holding you back using that you are using ancient technology and not advancing yourself into the future of driving solely just electric?
FUCK OFF PAJEET

Angel Howard
Angel Howard

Thats a feature for tesla

Carson Perez
Carson Perez

100,000km is 62,000 miles, user.
Any car which doesn't do 62k miles without major maintenance is a lemon. $12k cars can do 62 thousand miles with nothing but oil changes. Fuck, you could even get that without oil changes, but RIP the engine's long term life. ICE vehicles regularly get to 75k miles before the first "major" work, if you count brakes as major. You could literally buy a $16k car drive it until the first brake job is needed, and trade it in for $5k FOUR TIMES before you hit what a 50 grand tesla costs. You'll get 300,000 miles without having to do anything but 10 minute oil changes every 10k miles this way, and it's one of the least cost effective ways to own a vehicle.

Austin Diaz
Austin Diaz

it doesn't even save the environment, because most electricity comes from coal and gas power

Tyler Long
Tyler Long

Maybe in the united states of sharts, in europe we stopped having politicians shilling coal as next gen quite some time ago.
Also a golf electric is 40k€, 20k€ lower than that meme of the model 3, in italy with the ecobonux you can go for 36k€ which makes it interesting

Jackson Bell
Jackson Bell

Op is retarded but it does, actual power plants are much more efficient in converting energy than just burning fuel inside a car engine.

Benjamin Sullivan
Benjamin Sullivan

Thats because only rich people buy electric golf cars.

Adam Parker
Adam Parker

I am using 1998 Audi a4 diesel and I have 200k miles on it plus I can easily go on 200miles trips plus this Audi costed me about 1,5k euro so just deal with the fact that diesel is superior to electric

Henry Scott
Henry Scott

Most of the power in the US is natural gas, which is... fairly... clean. Coal has been dying for a long time simply because it's expensive.

Attached: main.png (25 KB, 576x288)

Henry Ward
Henry Ward

The "cleanest" country in the EU still burns an absolute shitload of coal. For reference, lignite is an extra shitty version of coal.

Attached: 2018-12-20-bdew-share-power-sources-electricity-production-2017.png (312 KB, 950x673)

Elijah Ward
Elijah Ward

Then there's the Chad France, who went full nuclear and has the actually cleanest power in Europe with very low rates as well. Much lower than Germany, who found out Wind is expensive as all fuck.
God fucking damn do I envy this chart.

Attached: electricity-france.jpg (36 KB, 711x439)

Leo Thompson
Leo Thompson

Once they are 15k second hand and chargers will be everywhere, I will think about this.

Jason Morgan
Jason Morgan

Bitch my volvo has 140k kiles on it and I literally dont give a fuck. If it works, it works. When it tanks I'll think about what you faggots will be saying in 6 years. Now fuck off somewhere else.

Ayden Sanchez
Ayden Sanchez

Posted from my Windows 10

Nathaniel Gray
Nathaniel Gray

Imagine how much money you will save
Then I'd just have to "IMAGINE" how much a Tesla costs and "IMAGINE" that it's not really a thing outside of the US. And then I'll have to look at the price, without imagining this time, to have a bit of perspective.
no maintenance needed
Oh boy you've never driven a car, have you?
Some are better than other, mainly Japanese ones, but it's not like their cars are completely free of maintenance.
All in all - literal vaporware outside of the US.

Asher Morgan
Asher Morgan

I thought Iceland is the cleanest county in the eu?

Austin Moore
Austin Moore

Think all cagers should just disappear tbqh

Jaxson Brooks
Jaxson Brooks

Lithium runs out before Gasoline.
MadMax here we come.

Attached: 1235681436195.jpg (92 KB, 1024x661)

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

//boards.4channel.org/o/
also I think cars with ICEs are more fun to drive, for a daily driver sure electric is w/e but if I'm lookin for a comfy mountain drive I'll stick with my ObSoLeTe tech. somethin about that old car smell and being able to feel everything the car is doing, manually shiftin gears, there's just something comfy about it user. in a world where everybody is concerned with doing things the most efficient way and always usin what's new and throwing away what's old, being able to just relax with something simple is a breath of fresh air
no maintenance
this is a pipe dream, they both have pros/cons. also is right, tesla is trash, i'm not 100% opposed to electric cars but fuck tesla specifically

Attached: comfyfb.jpg (125 KB, 1024x680)

Bentley Ward
Bentley Ward

Modern car suck. They are bulky, they are packed with unreliable electronics nonsense, and they have no soul.
Let alone electric shit, that is absolute garbage meant for peak-oiled urbanite millennials.
Pic related blows anything modern out of the water.
If you go back in time they are even better.
Older is better.

Attached: 1561678862006.jpg (72 KB, 717x600)

Jaxon Garcia
Jaxon Garcia

Norway, Iceland and Sweden are all 90%+ renewable.

Christian Roberts
Christian Roberts

is anyone other than telsa pushing self drive tech as much as them?

Colton Ross
Colton Ross

not enough fast charge stations near me. I don't make super long trips every single day, but having to plot out a long road trip to the beach/family as going charger to charger rather than the quickest route is a pain in the ass.
inb4 just plug it into the wall lol
I don't have 8+ hours to wait. I do however drive a Ford Fusion Hybrid with the baby 1.5L eco-boost 4 cylinder. I go nearly 500 miles between gas fill ups.

Xavier Ortiz
Xavier Ortiz

Iceland, maybe? But norway and sweden I very much doubt it, at least not 90%

Jose Williams
Jose Williams

100,000 miles
That's considered an achievement.
Is it the 60's again?

Colton Martinez
Colton Martinez

Yes, but this will only work in burger suburbs with squared streets.
You try that in my country and it will fail misserably, because:
maze of narrow streets originally meant for horses and later adapted to small cars.
temporary street blocks
town hall might change direction of street the next year or forbid cars entirely
road paintings almost invisible
traffic signals hidden by trees
bumps
All southern and eastern Europe is to some extent like this.

Ian Martin
Ian Martin

So do all Tesla Model S cars all have the exact same battery capacity but limited by software? Because I'm seeing as much as a $7,000 price difference just to go from the standard to the long range package.

Andrew Brown
Andrew Brown

yea, i know what you mean.

watching this:
tesla.com/content/dam/tesla-site/sx-redesign/img/model3-proto/autonomy/future-of-autopilot/Autopilot Full Self-Driving Hardware (Neighborhood Short).mp4

you can see the car stopping for a person on the side of the road when it could of easily just gone around it.
it will be super easy to fuck with them.

Jaxson Morris
Jaxson Morris

no maintenance
What is the expected life of the batteries and how much do they cost to replace?

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

100.000km is where a lot of people sell their car to a dealership.
200.000km is where a lot of mechanics try to pick it up to see if its a steal
300.000km is where a lot of shitboxes is incapable of getting, due weaknesses of the parts.
Sure, you could keep on going, but to reach 100.000km some part of the car needs to be decent. And for Internal Combustion Engine that also means several complete oil shifts OR replace broken parts.

For Norway Gasoline is like 15kr/l, while the electricity is about 4kr/l if you apply the same measure of logic.
There also was a lot of tax excepts, meaning you paid the price for a normal premium car for a Tesla, but at the same time the Tesla is 400HP.

The biggest advantage of electric cars is that electric engines do not have gigantic deadzones on momentum. Meanwhile any shitbox needs 4-5 gears just to reach 100km/h, and barely has any form of horsepower unless its at the sweetspot of RPM.

Hunter Bennett
Hunter Bennett

?
Norway is mostly hydro power, which is a natural advantage to export refined aluminium and a lot of other metals.
Sweden is only flat in the south towards Danmark. But they do have more Nuclear power, while Norway only has a experimental reactor to make nuclear bomb fuel and harvest isotopes for medical use.

Lincoln Baker
Lincoln Baker

kilometres are miles

Attached: 49324-50.png (49 KB, 194x234)

Asher Phillips
Asher Phillips

fucking braindead american nigger fatass dont post here again

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

no maintance needed
kek

Nathaniel Turner
Nathaniel Turner

a fucking tablet

I don't mind Tesla, but this is embarrassing.
At least give me some knobs to adjust the cooling fans.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720)

Jaxson Bennett
Jaxson Bennett

that would ruin the lines of the interior user. Besides, what are you, some sort of luddite?

Joshua Parker
Joshua Parker

My dream car is unironically the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid. It's so fucking beautiful, and after driving it, I can sleep well at night knowing I didn't contribute to fucking up our planet.

Daniel Torres
Daniel Torres

he unironically thinks hybrid cars help the environment
fucking lol

Attached: 1564953243105.png (1.66 MB, 1085x1217)

Gavin Murphy
Gavin Murphy

Nice Ai that self drives you the hood to he fucked by niggers

Sebastian Moore
Sebastian Moore

Buy a car? I am not in the target audience.
I would fund railways. Cars are a thing of the past and only exist bc car companies fight to the tooth and nail to stay relevant/alive. An organism fighting for it's survival by killing anything that threathens it's source of food/dollars. Damage control is brainwashing and buying networks(influencers/media/ads/silence/clickbait-articles) to influence people by making people feel that they are not american if they dont have a car. That they arent free. That people are coming for their cars so give us money.

Buying a new one. Buy 5 year old. Then it holds some of it's value.

Ryder Mitchell
Ryder Mitchell

Imagine how much money you will save.
i'm curious, how many km/kWh?

Levi Richardson
Levi Richardson

This, the fact that tesla doesn't use vanadium flow batteries (especially with their power grids) is kinda retarded

Kayden Perry
Kayden Perry

he fell for the Tesla has poor build quality meme
he fell for the other electric cars are better than Tesla meme
kek

Hudson Lee
Hudson Lee

looks cool

Henry Davis
Henry Davis

That car has 27 miles of plug-in electric range, which really means 20, and 10-12 if you run the AC or heat. Also plug-in hybrids are totally anemic without the ICE running. It's going to be a boring squishy and sometimes even frustrating ride on electric only.
So I hope you don't live more than 5 miles from anything (or there's charging at every destination), and I hope the terrain is all flat and traffic lights so you'll never be tempted to gun it, starting the engine for some fun horsepower.
Hybrids really are a shitty compromise.

Brandon Collins
Brandon Collins

he unironically believes widely discredited papers published by ICE industry dinosaurs

Attached: 64322345-10217424797806389-8566503574010331136-n.jpg (152 KB, 960x960)

Carter Walker
Carter Walker

Anything done in murrica can be boiled down to "you're not a real murrishart if..."
Having a heavy duty truck managing single digit mpg just to commute/doing groceries? True murricans do it the big way, only commie use small econocar
Public transport? Public = communism which true murricans hate
Renewable energy? True murrican coal miners provides you with pure murrican energy... and so on.

Cameron Foster
Cameron Foster

thinking the electricity and (perishable) LI-ON batteries come from thin air
thinking electric cars don't need shit like new brake pads
what is thermal runaway (Lithium ion batteries)
what is trying to extinguish an EV fire

Attached: 500x500.jpg (47 KB, 500x500)

Austin Moore
Austin Moore

Tesla build quality is poor
man i agree, of all the teslas ive seen they all look like theyre about to fall apart

Jonathan Morris
Jonathan Morris

anyone?

Nathan Wright
Nathan Wright

I'm a poorfag living in a 9th world country.

Xavier Lewis
Xavier Lewis

I'm a huge Tesla fan boy, I'll admit that without shame, but I'm also truly a car guy, and I just have to say, any modern car going 100k miles isn't that big a deal anymore, talk to me when it's been running for 10-20 years with 200k+ on the clock and then you might be on to something.

Brody Wilson
Brody Wilson

don't need new brake pads
Well actually 90% of EV braking is done with regen braking so the engine takes the load, brakes need doing far less than on ICE cars

what is EV fires
Hrmm, if it's such a problem why are Teslas some of the safest cars in the world? Seems like misrepresentation by a scared and obsolete industry to me. And are you trying to say petrol isn't explosive?

Attached: 64321996-1034964143365297-1198384721277485056-n.jpg (122 KB, 634x960)

Nathan Gray
Nathan Gray

buying 35k car to save money
ok....

Attached: 1452100713053.gif (987 KB, 245x370)

Henry Moore
Henry Moore

why are Teslas some of the safest cars in the world

They aren't.

They get good crash TEST ratings, but people still die in the cars -- mainly because they drive themselves into dividers and trucks.

There are multiple German and Japanese sedans that have had ZERO DEATHS in recent years. Zero people have died in the 2014 BMW 5 series, for example. Volvo is edging closer to brand-wide zero fatalities.

Walter Huang plus the two people hit by trucks in Florida just in the past year. One was a side under ride caused by ""autopilot""".

If they turned the fake self driving shit off, they'd be safer.

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

when i get real job i am going to search for a super clean versiom of the 2000 civic 5-speed i have now. i love these cars.

Cameron Harris
Cameron Harris

is pizzaland italy or usa ?

Austin Jenkins
Austin Jenkins

My 2004 Hyundai Elantra still runs decently at 220k miles. Literally the only problem I have right now is my oil temp sensor shorting because the shitty plastic completely peeled off.

Wyatt Murphy
Wyatt Murphy

Why should I drive a piece of shit when I can drive a Rolls Royce?

Parker Lewis
Parker Lewis

Take it from a guy who has had a model X and a 3.

Quality is subpar. Service is Shit

But the X is still my favorite of all cars tho.

Gavin Rodriguez
Gavin Rodriguez

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-16/tesla-order-breakdown-signals-service-a-risk-in-bmw-s-backyard

Jose Parker
Jose Parker

Everyone’s working on it, and everyone’s struggling to get it to work for anything other than straight motorway/suburban routes.

Alexander Lee
Alexander Lee

regenerative braking
EV cars
engine

What?

Jace King
Jace King

do you mean kilometers

the range is terrible in cold weather especially if you need to use the heater

Christian Reyes
Christian Reyes

No idea on the first part, but the batteries probably at least 10 grand.

Parker Baker
Parker Baker

I want a tesla for the instant torque that is impossible to achieve with gasoline. and there is nothing else on the market that does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds for under 60 grand without sacrificing practicality.
I also happen to live a 10 minute walk away from a supercharger so I am biased (you can use a supercharger weekly without damaging the battery on newer teslas)

Attached: 1515276405676.jpg (58 KB, 720x540)

Josiah Stewart
Josiah Stewart

Get a Quadrifoglio for 3.6sec 0-60 and better reliability.

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

purchase an Italian car for reliability
purchase an FIAT/CHRYSLER for reliability

Attached: old-man-brooming.jpg (37 KB, 1006x1116)

Elijah Rivera
Elijah Rivera

are those /biz/ memes or am I rarted

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

Funny cuz it's true.

Nicholas Smith
Nicholas Smith

20Kwh for 100 Km, so 5 Km per Kwh

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

money's whats holding me back

Jordan Perez
Jordan Perez

you are rarted

Tyler Jenkins
Tyler Jenkins

It isn't cheaper. The payments on that car would probably be around $500 a month. I pay about 200 a month on a gently used Prius and spend less than $100 a month on gas.

Ethan Wood
Ethan Wood

my friends' ford focus 2012 claims 36mpg (15.31km/l) on highways, and has a tank size of 12.4gal (56.37l), so a top range of 15.31*56.37 = 863.02km
when fuel is cheap, it can go down to $1.24, which is when i fill it up most of the time, so it costs (1.24*56.37)/(863.02/100) = $8.10/100km
1kWh here is 0.38c, so 20kWh costs $7.60, so 6.58% cheaper. wow.

Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

To be fair, supply chain costs for electricity are waaay lower than for any liquid fuel.
And could be even lower, if environmentalists stopped memeing

Ryan Parker
Ryan Parker

0.38c
38c / $0.38, i mean

Isaac Fisher
Isaac Fisher

Any car will go 100,000 miles and more with proper care. Some don't break down as fast because they don't have many parts and aren't meant for sport. Such as a Toyota vs BMW, for example.

The problem is that Tesla is the most technologically advanced but there's other downsides to it. Sure, you don't have to worry about the regular stuff but a lot of parts of expensive, if they break, on top of having full coverage insurance and all that. Plus, it has a battery and all batteries die out with time, meaning that you have to replace it and second hand ones are expensive and fuck. Let alone a new one from Tesla.

I don't know. It's a cool car, I doubt anyone is stupid enough to say it's not amazing, but it's certainly not financially smart. I'll stay with my Prius where I don't have to do anything. Funny enough, my Prius is from 2008 and has 289,000+ miles and the battery isn't holding charge as well. Sure, it's older technology, but it's still a battery. To change it would be a few thousand and for that I can just buy another Prius or just drive this one because it works perfectly fine. Just uses a bit more gas, but I still get 35 MPG and could get more if I drove like a stereotypical Prius owner.

Blake Lee
Blake Lee

This. Become financially literate and try to reproduce

Christian Rodriguez
Christian Rodriguez

I love people who fall for the new car meme. Dumbasses will spend all their money to "save money" and to pretend to look successful instead of being successful.

Jonathan Cox
Jonathan Cox

*km according to your screenshot

Asher Hughes
Asher Hughes

100,000 km != 100,000 mi

Joseph Garcia
Joseph Garcia

This. My PT Luiser touring edition is up to 274,882km and I paid $18k USD for mine

Oliver Richardson
Oliver Richardson

use dbw to make cars boring and annoying as fuck to drive
suddenly introduce self driving and electric memes
begin selling it to the masses on the promise of "safety" and "green energy"

Nolan Bailey
Nolan Bailey

My work does not have a charge port.
I have to park on the street because I am living with others.
There are no Superchargers along my path to and from work.
I drive 100 miles a day just to get to work and back.
Literally once a week I will take a long way home along the coast or up some canyons with a spirited pace.
At least four times a week I drive up and down 4 miles of dirt road to get to my weekend house/property and the risk of running something over in the road and puncturing the battery is very high. I will usually guess wrong the height of a rock or pinecone at least once a month, sometimes not being able to stop for it or not seeing it as well.

Oliver Barnes
Oliver Barnes

trying to convince a bunch of people who are so poor that they are limited to 20 year old thinkpads that they should get electric cars

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

also I think 56k modems are more fun to to surf the internet with, for a daily driver sure gigabit fiber is w/e but if I'm lookin for a comfy shitposting I'll stick with my ObSoLeTe tech. somethin about that old modem handshake and being able to hear everything the computer is downloading, manually calling ISP, there's just something comfy about it user. in a world where everybody is concerned with doing things the most efficient way and always usin what's new and throwing away what's old, being able to just relax with something simple is a breath of fresh air

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

Have sex

Samuel Morris
Samuel Morris

Too cold where I live. Won't start in the winter at all, let alone have a plug to plug into.

Jordan Flores
Jordan Flores

I like how no one mentioned that it's km not miles
It's literally in the picture. Do they need to mention car color too?

James King
James King

driving a drecksla

Attached: 1565013374424.jpg (88 KB, 960x720)

Ian Bennett
Ian Bennett

drives 100 miles a day
Once ar twice is acceptable if you need to maintain remote site. If this bait is unironically real, then why don't you rent cuckshed just for the resting your body. Another thing is, you spend at least 2 hours of your time for commuting, which translate to 5 anime episodes/day. In a week, you could catch up 1 whole season of 24 episodes anime @23minute-per episode. You will still be able to watch conan from the first to the latest in a year for another 5 year.
You spent at least $256/month just for the gas. If your annual income is less than 50k, then you spend more than 8-9%of your income on transportation. I guess in is true than middle of lower income bracket spend >8% of their paycheck on transportation costs, more than any other income group.
regen braking
This. Converting kinetic energy to heats(which doesn't serve any purpose) is idiotic.
It's the same when internal combustion engine idled at low rpm, slaved by electric converter who attach&detach in 3-5 minutes cycle. This process is inefficient and couldn't be improved unless we add significant power reserves that will be filled when car idles.

Logan Long
Logan Long

puncturing the battery is very high
There was a big stink when Model S ran over some shit and battery went flames up. They added Titanium shield to protect from that. See webm related. Old cars got the upgrade for free too.

Attached: underbody2.webm (1.07 MB, 1280x720)

David Howard
David Howard

I've not seen another car company with the panel gap issues Tesla has in a very long time

Jackson Young
Jackson Young

talk to me when it's been running for 10-20 years with 200k+ on the clock and then you might be on to something.

It's not that difficult to keep a gasoline powered car running with over 200k on the odometer either. I had a '95 Saturn with 349k on the odo before it crapped out. And I probably could have gotten more miles out of it if I hadn't misdiagnosed a rattling noise from the engine. People nowadays seem to treat cars as a disposable tech; if it breaks down, just buy another.

Jaxon Sullivan
Jaxon Sullivan

I would put my pennies on their scaling process. Going from hundreds of unit to shitload of units due to model 3 virality stressed out their human resources

Adrian James
Adrian James

LEL nigger iq lvl

Cooper Myers
Cooper Myers

Just curious, how much time does the average american spend in their car every day?

Benjamin Collins
Benjamin Collins

Isn't it true? Improvements were made, which telltale of bad QC+process. Although other model had also this kind of problem, it's not as rampant as model 三.

Ryan Martin
Ryan Martin

EVs are saf-

Attached: 1548886665791.webm (2.57 MB, 640x640)

Brandon King
Brandon King

cue final destination ala third, second world shithole

Samuel Moore
Samuel Moore

Hurr you can't maintain it yourself and it's locked down behind proprietary software
t. Drives a 94 Honda Civic and has never touched any car made in the last 5 years

Parker White
Parker White

in what way are cars with ICEs, and 56k modems similar? with an ICE vs an electric motor the speed argument is kinda irrelevant since you're still confined to the speed limit regardless, but your internet speed isn't nearly as confined. plus there isn't such a thing as "old internet smell" or anything like that, so i dunno what you're on about user this is a pretty dumb comparison

Jeremiah Johnson
Jeremiah Johnson

I'm halfway there and almost certainly won't get farther

Gabriel Collins
Gabriel Collins

To be fair, the last time another new car company started mass producing was 100 years ago.

Robert Smith
Robert Smith

Please be from

C E P R A N O
E
P
R
A
N
O

Angel Bailey
Angel Bailey

The Jow Forums I knew liked to just wait for newer things

Get yourself in the list for an alfa tonale

Noah Diaz
Noah Diaz

Live in an apartment, don't want to rely on Superchargers.

Aiden Rogers
Aiden Rogers

I dont want to die by an exploding battery

Nolan Harris
Nolan Harris

And boom goes the carbon footprint

Ian Mitchell
Ian Mitchell

advancing yourself into the future
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle#First_practical_electric_cars
know your history, you clueless zoomer retard.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson

nice catch

0:53 sec

Daniel Campbell
Daniel Campbell

Reddit meme actually. It stands for Financial Independence/Retire Early. The basic idea is that whatever stupid bullshit you could blow your money on like a new car isn't more valuable than the 8 hours of your day you spend as a wageslave, so you should save/invest the vast majority of your money and try to retire as soon as possible.

Sebastian Bailey
Sebastian Bailey

35k?
if it was that cheap i'd buy lol

Angel Rivera
Angel Rivera

he unironically believes widely discredited papers published by green energy shills

Lincoln Cruz
Lincoln Cruz

whats the thinkpad of cars?

Elijah Howard
Elijah Howard

Well the OP lied so he deserves to be called out.

Camden Perry
Camden Perry

image says 100,000 kilometres
OP says 100,000 miles

Attached: KidGoku.jpg (8 KB, 299x297)

Angel Wright
Angel Wright

I'm not using any car because I'm not mentally retarded.

Mason Price
Mason Price

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking tranny faggot sack of nigger loving kike shit with down syndrome.

Liam Robinson
Liam Robinson

I don't care about statistical likelihood of this happening. This happening one time is one time far too many

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams

t. brainlet

Attached: 1511662430926.png (53 KB, 403x448)

Caleb Price
Caleb Price

Standard cars don't do this. A blown engine sucks but it doesn't light the entire fucking cabin. Motorcycles are the true green future, they even more effectively kill people off without spraying burnt lithium all over which is great for the environment

Jonathan Watson
Jonathan Watson

Yes exactly
You can pay after the fact to "upgrade" and it happens instantly

Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis

What about electric motorcycles?

Mason Nguyen
Mason Nguyen

They generally have a lot of kinks to work out. It's pretty hilarious how early electric motorcycles ran automatic leaving the rider to just kind of trust this machine to not shift during a turn. If I were to switch to an electronic bike I'd need it to have some kind of dummy clutch setup such that it never shifts on its own, and I'm basically pretending it's still mechanical manual transmission, so you don't get any accidental shifting from newer(and honestly older) riders. Before you epic meme me, yes I know newer electric bikes use gyros to detect when not to automatically shift but I still don't trust it

Sebastian Richardson
Sebastian Richardson

electric motorcycles have gears?

Grayson Allen
Grayson Allen

the batteries will only last 8 years, and replacing them will cost $9000. My gas car lasted 20 years at 275,000 miles. electric cars are also 50% more expensive to begin with, and last half as long.
It's a meme. and as far as the environment goes, all the rare earth metals used in the batteries pollute too, AND the electricity you use to power it was likely from burned coal.
If you care about the environment, buy gasoline.

Lucas Ortiz
Lucas Ortiz

Because despite all the talk about increased range I would take half of that off by going to car charging station. And even if I charged it at home, the local power plant is still using coal, so no dice on the green factor.

That's aside from the lithium factor, which I'm not a fan of strip mining 3rd world countries so I can pretend to be green with all of the other yuppies at the coffeehouse.

ICE all the way baby.

Ryder Baker
Ryder Baker

How else would the wheels turn, brainlet?

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

direct drive. I meant transmission though. which ones are you looking at with gears?

Andrew Rivera
Andrew Rivera

Electricity per mile is a lot cheaper
Most electrics get 100+ mpge, which is a measurement that is slightly misleading, since it's designed to compare directly the fuel economy numbers of normal cars to electrics
Per mile you're spending a few cents at most

Leo Howard
Leo Howard

i wonder if you can jailbreak your telsa

Caleb Stewart
Caleb Stewart

This comment is exactly 100 iq. Nothing wrong with that but it's the reason nobody will ever switch to electric.

Ayden Moore
Ayden Moore

Why are you using ancient cars that you have to pay for gas, oil and maintenance.
give it to me for free

James Butler
James Butler

Some don't, some do. If we're talking about small commuter bikes it makes sense not do, if we're talking the future of motorcycles like sportbikes, it's a terrible idea to have direct drive because frankly you are getting too much power all of the time which is really going to fuck up traction alot of the time. Alot of the big "GAME CHANGING" electric sport bikes have manual style transmission, so you aren't going to fly off your bike every time you hit the twistys.

Nicholas Reyes
Nicholas Reyes

How many government agents are watching you at once?

Attached: le-epic-car.jpg (38 KB, 960x720)

Aaron Mitchell
Aaron Mitchell

name one so I can research

Isaiah Smith
Isaiah Smith

miles
kilometers

Nicholas Jenkins
Nicholas Jenkins

it's only like 30% cheaper, or maybe $300 a year if you drive a lot. although i just forgot europoors pay $12 a gallon for gas.
paying an extra $10k to save $2400, then you have to buy a new car because paying $9000 to replace the batteries won't be worth it.

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

Not feasible if you live in a boomer shithole like the rust belt where despite there being 100k+ people nobody puts enough thought into anything long-term to consider getting an EV so there's no charging stations.
Maybe when I move somewhere nicer I'll consider it but for most Americans they have nowhere to charge it quickly and cheaply, while gas stations are in even the tiniest of towns.

Ian Myers
Ian Myers

have over 300k on my car and haven't had it maintained once
bought it 20 years ago
change oil every year, get it for like $10 with filters $15
mileage pretty good so fill tank once every two weeks for around $25
user I think you need to take better care of your cars.

Michael Hill
Michael Hill

are you reading anything? batteries simply don't have long lifetimes. electric cars are 4 times more expensive over their total lifecycle, and worse for the environment.
they're not the future

Adrian Sullivan
Adrian Sullivan

Enjoy your botnet, I prefer to drive an old car that doesn't restrict my freedoms.

Attached: botnet-car.jpg (130 KB, 960x720)

Evan Thomas
Evan Thomas

Brammo and Brutus are 2 that come to mind, it's hard to find more examples because the geniuses at Google think electric motorcycle is the same thing as an electric bicycle. I feel like Kawasaki or Honda recently came out with a multigear electric too but that's a bit fuzzy and probably wrong

Alexander Gray
Alexander Gray

get notification on your phone that your car has downloaded an update
would you like to install this at 3am? you can also still drive your car while updating
owner: nah fuck it ill start it now
proceed to mash the cancel update button
car needs to repair itself because some nigger fucked with a car in the middle of a software update

James White
James White

30%
What?
Closest things are only 50mpg and that's 50%

Managed properly batteries will last a very long time, aka not running them 100% to 0 every day. Lithiums really like a cycle of 30-80%

Easton Turner
Easton Turner

I mean I'm not saying my daily *wouldn't* be electric, but I wouldn't give up ICEs either. ICEs for fun, electric for practical use

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

Supposedly Tesla’s will last 10 years

Nicholas Evans
Nicholas Evans

Just take a look at their workforce.

Joshua Richardson
Joshua Richardson

battery virgin vs diesel chad

Jace Morales
Jace Morales

Some of us just don’t like old ass smell

Gabriel Mitchell
Gabriel Mitchell

Attached: 9D7F6D17-7D7A-4828-8DBA-7A47D82D720A.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)

Jaxson White
Jaxson White

Based choice user. I want an Accord wagon with couple simple mods, traded my CG for a previa but it's a freaking meme and a guzzler, can haul a lot of shit in it tho thats why I want a CD wagon

Caleb Morris
Caleb Morris

Those Hyundai are a meme and a freaking cockroach car, I see them everywhere in my 3rd world shithole and they just don't die even with the plastic mowtowrs. Might buy one just to turn it into a lifted redneck ute

Jason Rivera
Jason Rivera

imagine hating elon musk

Evan Campbell
Evan Campbell

I like trucks.

Zachary Roberts
Zachary Roberts

Attached: Untitled.png (5 KB, 676x111)

Joseph Sanchez
Joseph Sanchez

literally every modern upper class car does something similar, only difference you have to bring the car to the dealer to update.

Levi Cruz
Levi Cruz

Attached: 1560663851246.jpg (75 KB, 945x420)

Alexander Cruz
Alexander Cruz

kek know the difference b/w miles and km cracker

Ryder Morales
Ryder Morales

Your wifi is out and you can't update.
Guess my car decides if I'm allowed to drive and when.
Imagine paying for a car that won't start.
That takes away the control.
Imagine paying luxury car price for a car that doesn't feel like driving.

Charles Wright
Charles Wright

driving to middle of nowhere
right as you're leaving any kind of cell service area, it detects a new update
5 hours later, pull over to have a piss
get back in car
na bro, there's an update
oh who am i kidding, these things don't have the range to leave cell service areas

Adam Russell
Adam Russell

imagine being a cheerleader for the modern day monorail guy

Carson Young
Carson Young

Chevy volt or Toyota Prius are the only cars I would consider. Tesla is over priced and cheap looking. The apple analogy someone used earlier is apt. Actually like the look of the volt. Prius is pretty reliable and can be worked on yourself too.

Leo Phillips
Leo Phillips

valid criticism
retard tier nitpicking

Joshua Ramirez
Joshua Ramirez

This Tesla Model 3 got over 100,000 miles.
is that an achievement? My old toyota has gone over 600,000 miles and it is still running fine.

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

Wish I was born an Italian.

Andrew Adams
Andrew Adams

Car
Soul

Attached: 1546870732551.png (163 KB, 303x566)

Leo Rodriguez
Leo Rodriguez

golf electric is 40k€,
ah you mean
shit range
bearly avalible
shit charging speed
yup, Golf Electric is the future

Daniel Wright
Daniel Wright

its funny because most of the windenergy that germany cant use gets exported to france

Dylan Peterson
Dylan Peterson

you can recycle lithium, but not gasoline

Dominic Barnes
Dominic Barnes

neither, he lives on epstein island

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

you can see the car stopping for a person on the side of the road when it could of easily just gone around it.

arent you supposed to slow down when pedestrians are that close to traffic to minimize risk? been a while but i renmeber something like that from driving school

Cooper Foster
Cooper Foster

Right now this is the biggest issue with the environmental push on EEVs in particular. There's an argument to be made that an electric car bought today might be running on greener power in a decade while a petrol car will always be running on petrol, but that's a longer term issue.

Evan Roberts
Evan Roberts

What is the expected life of the batteries
they are under warranty for 8 or 10 years, and have a projected lifespan of well over 400k miles
how much do they cost to replace?
10 to 15 grand

Carter Hill
Carter Hill

Imagine how much money you will save. No gas, no oil, no maintenance needed.
I get all of that by not having my own car. Also my car drives itself since it has a driver. Not using some ride hailing service in 2019 is the ultimate boomer tier.

Zachary Kelly
Zachary Kelly

most EV's are between 14~20 kwh per 100km

Ethan Wright
Ethan Wright

I fucking hate how Tesla's look and I hate their interiors as well it's just cheap chinese IKEA garbage. Their acceleration is cool but I just don't care about them for their price. I'll take a used 20k BMW over a new 50k Tesla. Sure its slower but everything else is nicer.

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

You didn't even mention the price of the car. Electric is really expensive where I live.

Jackson Morris
Jackson Morris

I prefer polestar interior

Attached: 054-polestar-2.jpg (79 KB, 1040x585)

Noah Diaz
Noah Diaz

gnu/car when

Nathan Roberts
Nathan Roberts

100000miles
kilometers

Justin Young
Justin Young

this
I'm trying to look at the road, I don't want to be fucking around with menus on a touchscreen with no haptic feedback

Luke Baker
Luke Baker

contextual touchscreen
in a car
haha, nope

Christopher Peterson
Christopher Peterson

old internet smell
Where the heck did you get that from?
ICE are dinosaurs, get on with the times, gramps.

Sebastian Green
Sebastian Green

old car smell, it's somethin you wouldn't get you fuckin zoomer

Josiah Watson
Josiah Watson

'89 Passat daily. Can still smell the Berlin wall.

Liam Adams
Liam Adams

Why would I own a car when I don't go anywhere.

Henry Martin
Henry Martin

Go outside
Buy car
Have sex

Jordan Anderson
Jordan Anderson

Nah my cars update via the built in 4g cellular connect or if I have it connected via cell hotspot or wifi. It also updates any recall or odb2 codes the car may have at the time on the screen.

Juan Ward
Juan Ward

the last time another new car company started mass producing was 100 years ago.
Incorrect. There have been quite a few automobile manufacturers in the 20th century. It's definitely more of an issue these days due to the oligarch corps and big government though.

Alexander Long
Alexander Long

you will certainly save money in the beginning but if everyone is jumping on that train, the prices of electricity will just go up to compensate for the immense losses in profit from fuel etc.

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

Yea I like the Volt. Cheaper than a Tesla too. Prius is a good choice too since there are plenty of shops now for refurb battery packs.

William Jenkins
William Jenkins

I'll buy an electric car when they're actually good. Teslas are just gimmick cars that despite all the buzz Musk gets from promising a bunch of pop science nonsense, he still can't sell for a profit.

Parker Lewis
Parker Lewis

can someone explain to me why tesla is getting so much hate? I mean, I get that its overpriced for the quality but I do feel like the ideology of the company is something you must not forget

Sebastian Evans
Sebastian Evans

I do feel like the ideology of the company is something you must not forget
Holy fuck man how pozzed are you? It's a fucking for profit corp. Are you a fan of Disney too? Tattoos? Feminism? No wonder you're undateable.

Connor Hill
Connor Hill

The ideology of the company is "Hey, look at Musk! He's saying something stupid and ill-informed but sounds super cool to people who know nothing about science. Don't look at our cars; they suck. Don't look at our earnings report, just look at Musk! Like... underground tubes that take you from LA to NY in 2 hours. Whoooaaaaa, dude! Oh, and self-driving cars. Those are totally a real thing."

Grayson Sullivan
Grayson Sullivan

my car is getting close to 400.000KM

Attached: 1566071009203.png (197 KB, 900x722)

Austin Gonzalez
Austin Gonzalez

Conservatives
Climate change denial. Green energy is pussification. Gas and coal are manly. Subsidies. Loans.

Liberals
Anti-unions are evil. Billionaires are evil. Neutral to Trump means evil. Corporates are evil.

Media
Don't pay for ads? You're gonna regret it.

Personality
Many see the autistic way he talks as unlikeable.

Wallstreet
Many see Elon as easy prey because he's emotionally driven and can be preyed upon.

Wyatt Adams
Wyatt Adams

So glad i have a silverado that has remote start but cannit be driven without a key. Remote start battery cars are pozzed

Attached: 20181005-114123-2016x1512.jpg (866 KB, 2016x1512)

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

For Norway Gasoline is like 15kr/l, while the electricity is about 4kr/l if you apply the same measure of logic.
Norway exports quite a bit of oil or similar if I recall. It wouldn't surprise me if the costs are due to government. USA a huge chunk of cost to fuel are the various state/local/federal taxes. Take those away and it's dirt cheap. The electricity cost might currently be cheaper in comparison but that's with nobody using it as much. Costs will skyrocket once more get on the grid. Government will add it's fuel taxes on top too. I would say sure take advantage of it now. You shouldn't be trying to exclaim it though since the more that do the same the worse it will be in the future.

Landon Sullivan
Landon Sullivan

god bless America

Jose Cook
Jose Cook

Nice truck. Needs 35's or sumthin though. Hopefully your state isn't dogshit about it.

Mason Miller
Mason Miller

today's cars aren't gonna be running after 20 years unlike old volvos and japs...

Attached: 1564445706570.png (104 KB, 900x536)

Grayson Diaz
Grayson Diaz

I'm actually looking to get rid of my car since it just sits in the parking lot. I don't have to commute since I live next to work, and most of what I need I can get just by walking <20 mins. That and rats or some sort of rodent likes to eat the wires and shit all over the engine, so I'd rather stop paying insurance on it and just sell it later on.

However, when I get a condo/house I might have to get one again which will suck as I hate driving/commuting.

Josiah Wilson
Josiah Wilson

Its paid off and low miles. Was going to fool with much on it because i want it to last me 15 more years but i am going to get bigger tires for it eventually. Tires on it are 5 years old and still good to go

Anthony Campbell
Anthony Campbell

Well larger wheels plus a lift kill your mpg even more and will cause wear for sure. If you want to keep it as long as possible maybe just do some aesthetic changes like black out the grill and chrome pieces. Flashier Z71 badges and wrap the mirrors and handles.

Isaac Thomas
Isaac Thomas

Call me when a company other than Tesla is making good electric cars. I hate how they look, especially in the interior and I hear too much shit about reliability.

Attached: 52151665.845000006-1477669154326.png (320 KB, 540x454)

Charles Gomez
Charles Gomez

Im going to go up an inch or two in tire i dont think it will hurt it. Beyond that i dont want to change anything.

Evan Stewart
Evan Stewart

A +$60,000 pricetag

Alexander Anderson
Alexander Anderson

Stock looks fine too. The blacked out Redlines look seksi af tho. Black bowtie and red accents.

Attached: 1549160988126.jpg (72 KB, 640x480)

Robert Rivera
Robert Rivera

I love the baguettes for this. People should follow suit and build more nuclear plants. Solar and wind for the main grid is so stupid.

Oliver Gomez
Oliver Gomez

zoe z.e50
kona ev
id.3 (2020btw)
etc

Gabriel Davis
Gabriel Davis

when will they learn

Nathan Allen
Nathan Allen

No maintenance
Oh yeah, sure. As soon as I get one off the lot I never have to worry about tire alignment, brake fluid, tire threads, air conditioning or brake pads ever again. Also insurance.

Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee

they should, maybe replacing the battery (witch will be way cheaper than today)
but ev motor can last way longer than any ice engine

Michael White
Michael White

Dilate

Colton Miller
Colton Miller

only reason to buy electric is to pat yourself on the back for making less fossil fuel from your vehicle running and spending less on gas
but
maintenance costs are more than gas cars
batteries arent environmentally friendly to dispose of and expensive to replace down the line
creates a ton of fossil fuels to build
still needs oil
you would likely still be utilizing fossil fuel to charge it
price tag is WAY higher than an economy model gas car

David Harris
David Harris

you buy them for the instant acceleration and 0-60 times.
ignoring the instant torque show me a 4 door sedan under 60 grand that does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

maintenance costs less than a gas car because the only thing you need to do is replace the brake fluid and battery coolant every 4 years (at the earliest) and rotate the tires every 6k miles
the drive unit oil needs to be replaced once every 1 million miles.

who cares about being green lmao.

Attached: 1550622010456.png (54 KB, 450x448)

Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones

Because it costs close to a year's salary for the base model and a bit over a year's salary for the long range model where I live.
A petrol car will cost me more in average running costs, but it's a tenth the cost. I'll wait until there's more electric cars and hopefully get a 2nd hand one and replace the battery

Parker Walker
Parker Walker

Awful panel gaps & poor attention to detail, and the fact that a real car company is releasing their electric car next year that is designed by & for people who like cars & driving instead of people who like phones & watching their wife/girlfriend having sex with a new well endowed Afro-American every other day.

Asher Rogers
Asher Rogers

an extra $6k for 'self driving'? i was interested, but it's adding up to be ridiculous cost quickly.

Owen Barnes
Owen Barnes

Tesla is so fucking funny, it's basically the new status symbol despite being generally shitty cars

Like why would I want to wait at a plug for like a fucking hour, or even fucking 15 minutes

Tesla's are for people who have no actual fucking jobs or things to do

James Ramirez
James Ramirez

you plug it in to your garage outlet while you are asleep you fucking retard

Christian Hall
Christian Hall

Real fucking useful on road trips my dude

Ian Bennett
Ian Bennett

hands wet
hands gloved

Attached: yandere-pose.png (363 KB, 639x350)

Jaxson Thompson
Jaxson Thompson

oh no, i have to take my rest stop where tesla tells me to boo hoo

Attached: 180615-tesla-a[1].jpg (636 KB, 2560x1600)

Luis Turner
Luis Turner

Congratulations, your post is so retarded that you've won a gold medal in the special olympics.

Robert Jones
Robert Jones

Attached: yuna.png (55 KB, 1280x800)

Owen Hughes
Owen Hughes

no maintenance needed
Of course.
Sorry we can't fix your car, buy a new one instead.
Reminds me of something.

Austin Thompson
Austin Thompson

imagine being proud of achieving the bare minimum of manufacturer warranty.

Tyler Bennett
Tyler Bennett

Dude why the fuck would you allow yourself to be controlled and make such stupid fucking concessions
Just use a gas station and buy a fucking Toyota you retard

James James
James James

Reminds me of something.
no wonder tech reviewers "buy" them

Matthew Martinez
Matthew Martinez

Wow, every single statement in this post is wrong!

How did you do it? I'm impressed!

Attached: Smirking2.jpg (13 KB, 273x248)

Nicholas Garcia
Nicholas Garcia

because i never drive over 310 miles in a day

Bentley Sanders
Bentley Sanders

I drive an electric van with a pretty large frontal area compared to most EVs, 90% highway cruising at 90 km/h, and it hovers around 15.5-16 kWh/100 km.

Attached: yourmileage.jpg (225 KB, 790x531)

Luis Cook
Luis Cook

driving at all
Most dangerous thing you could do if you're a normie.

Asher Gray
Asher Gray

So the fuck what, my ford 1998 Windstar has over a million, and its still on its original battery too.

Carter Walker
Carter Walker

tesla
self driving tech
oh lawd he fell for the marketing meme
tesla's "self driving" is just a crappy L2 system that overcompensates like mad and periodically drives people under trucks, into walls, or just off the road.

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

I like warning up the atmosphere
I've modified my idle to idle a little faster at ref lights so I pollute just a little more

Asher Lewis
Asher Lewis

original battery
I'm calling bullshit
What maintenance do you do to your battery?
What brand?

Josiah Powell
Josiah Powell

Thats because the polestar was actually made by a real car company, not a meme bay area faggot buttfucker company.

actually has a dashboard
actually has a shifter

Jeremiah Morales
Jeremiah Morales

Don't forget the ones that catch on fire and wont open the doors because TESLA FORGOT TO PUT IN A FUCKING MECHANICAL DOOR LATCH

Carter Kelly
Carter Kelly

Its easier to just say you're gay

Anthony Gomez
Anthony Gomez

Tesla is the most technologically advanced
stop believing dumb marketing

Blake Bennett
Blake Bennett

no maintenance needed
Confirmed shill. Fuck you and this thread.

Angel Reyes
Angel Reyes

Most periodic maintenance on an ICE vehicle is engine related in one way or another, so there is merit to that statement. Electric cars require -less- maintenance since the things that make it go have fewer hot and moving parts.

Grayson Brown
Grayson Brown

Teslas are the literal embodiment of the California ideology
durr hurr i care about the environment
so i buy a $65k green car
but said green car uses a fucking gigaton of lithium and other rare-earths
of which the manufacture produces ungodly amounts of shit
but at least im not polluting!

Jaxson Gray
Jaxson Gray

takes 90 minutes to take a shit
eat more fiber you stupid shit

Liam Hughes
Liam Hughes

if you like the polestar, you will love the Honda E

Attached: Honda-e-Touchscreen-Konnektivitaet-8-1024x588.jpg (324 KB, 1024x588)

Liam Robinson
Liam Robinson

hey man, aslong as you ignore the crazy amount of power that goes into producing, transporting and distributing Gasoline and diesel, even the EV is pretty dirty

also: you can recycle old lithium cells for 80%+ of their material, cant do that w/ gasoline

James Reyes
James Reyes

he unironically thinks hybrid cars help the environment
If you're interested in an old Prius to lower TCO and rack up big miles in the process, there are few cars that can beat that short of getting a good car for free.

Nicholas Gomez
Nicholas Gomez

My Saab from 1996 has 300,000 miles on it.

Sebastian Barnes
Sebastian Barnes

TCO
tco?

Grayson Cox
Grayson Cox

See what I mean, real automakers are going to shit all over Tesla

Connor Cruz
Connor Cruz

if only the Honda wasnt so expensive, kinda hoping for the VW ID3 (or whatever it was called) to be a nice cheap(ish) average joe EV

Carter Wright
Carter Wright

Agreed. What a shit thread.

Blake Clark
Blake Clark

I just want a $20k Toyota Shitbox that runs on batteries instead of gas. I don't need autopilot or a giant monitor in the center console, nor will I pay >40k for crap I dont use.
When will the traditional manufacturers finally get the message?

Chase Smith
Chase Smith

Fuck Tesla.

Evan Lewis
Evan Lewis

I want a Honda E just because it's kawaii af.

Nolan Reyes
Nolan Reyes

1Mm
My truck's coming up on 4 and I'm not planning changing any time soon

Carter Ramirez
Carter Ramirez

autoblog.com/2019/08/16/tesla-owner-implants-key-chip-in-body/

Camden Jones
Camden Jones

oil

It’s a full synthetic

Lincoln Sullivan
Lincoln Sullivan

I am waiting for the Model Y. The 3 is too small....the S is too big (and pricey).

The Y seems to be perfect size.

t. Crossoverfag boomer

Daniel James
Daniel James

megamiles
this is heresy, also, a megamile would be 1,000,000 miles, not 100,000 miles
100,000 miles would be 100 er.. "100km" (kilomiles)

Andrew Nguyen
Andrew Nguyen

Megameters

Lincoln Stewart
Lincoln Stewart

Considering that gasoline vehicles have had 100 years of engineering and optimisation and electric vehicles are only a dozen or so, I'm willing to give electric some time for optimisation.

Camden Cook
Camden Cook

The Y is literally one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. Reminds be of those discontinued turtle-looking BMW GT cars. Disgusting.

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

Li-ion in -40° weather
Sounds like a great idea

Jacob Morgan
Jacob Morgan

My 2005 Civic has done 450,000 miles and has needed the clutch replaces once and services.

Isaiah Gutierrez
Isaiah Gutierrez

10000000DecaDeciMeters

Camden Wilson
Camden Wilson

its actually has a heater/cooling unit, its a liquid cooled/heated battery so it will stay at operating temp (in the winter you loose some range, but if its plugged in at home you can set it up to preheat in the morning, just like your central heating can)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit