This Tesla Model 3 got over 100,000 miles

This Tesla Model 3 got over 100,000 miles.

What is holding you back using that you are using ancient technology and not advancing yourself into the future of driving solely just electric?

Imagine how much money you will save. No gas, no oil, no maintenance needed.

Why are you using ancient cars that you have to pay for gas, oil and maintenance.

Attached: 1549430460620.png (1840x1380, 3.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/content/dam/tesla-site/sx-redesign/img/model3-proto/autonomy/future-of-autopilot/Autopilot Full Self-Driving Hardware (Neighborhood Short).mp4
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-16/tesla-order-breakdown-signals-service-a-risk-in-bmw-s-backyard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Engine still needs oil, Tesla build quality is poor and always requires maintenance. Choosing electric is good idea, choosing Tesla isn't.

>no maintenance
user...

> Buying a new car and not a used one
Never gonna make it to FIRE

>No gas, no oil
Do you know that you have to pay for electricity?
Just because you don't have to pay for fuel X, but fuel Y doesn't mean you are suddenly not paying anything.

And what do you mean by "no maintenance", just because the motor is electrical doesn't mean nothing breaks...

There's no electric charging stations around and Teslas are gay. Never buy american cars.

>owning a vehicle at all
Never gonna make it to ERE

I like how no one mentioned that it's km not miles, also nice reddit spacing

Attached: gasp.jpg (430x392, 27K)

Here in pizzaland we have like 4 superchargers in all the country.

It takes five hours to charge.

Money.

>advance yourself into the future of driving
>miles
Wake me up when we leave ancient Roman units behind.

>over 100,000 miles
>says km on the picture
my ferd cletus burns only the purest diesel and has already clocked in 220000 km and I paid only 13000€ for achieving that.
It might seem alot but that bullshittery of a car starts at around 50k€.

well one reason is that I want a car with no fucking screens in it.

the 20yo Japanese econobox I have now has 150k miles on it (miles, you seem to be confused about miles vs kilometers) and if I were going to replace it I'd demand that the replacement not just save me money on fuel and maintenance, but that it save enough money to pay back its purchase price. I'm skeptical that any Tesla is going to be cheap enough to buy and operate that it'll even come close to clearing that bar.

>100 000 km
>over 100 000 miles

Whats holding me back? Money. I dont have 50k to buy a tesla, cant afford to have charging station installed, I also live in a apartment so no garage and sometimes I have to park several streets away.
My current car didnt cost me even 1k, its cheaper to run than use public transport, unless something major breaks and needs replacing (hasnt happened for over 2 years), only thing thats expensive is insurance, but tesla also needs insurance.
So again why should I waste my money on tesla?

the 30 some odd year old jap car i own will outlast that tesla provided i don't drive the jap car in the winter and let the road salt jew destroy it

This is normal for a car not made in Germanistan

i am confused.
what is 100,000 km?
its not range, is it usage?

if so, who cares. all cars can get 100k mileage without much trouble.

Tesla is literally the Apple of cars.
>hard as fuck to repair
>have to go to Tesla specific service centers
>closed sources software
>can't drive car unless you update software
Come back when we have electric cars built on FLOSS Software with hardware that respects the Right to Repair.

>electric car
pro:
- significantly lower fuel cost per 100 km
- low maintenance due to much lower amount of moving parts
- looks cool
- probably tax cuts and special priviledges depending on where you live

contra:
- fuel cost and tax benefits are offset by you having to install a charging station on your parking space
- meaning, you need a private parking space to begin with
- Tesla built quality
- having to rent a car if you wanna get somewhere more than 100 klicks away from your home

if i lived in a city and had a job, i'd buy a cheapo e-car from a different brand as my daily driver. I really don't see any other application of those vehicles with the current battery technology.
However, they are currently trying to invent a way better alternative to the good ol lithium-ion-fags

Attached: 1550506854847.jpg (200x164, 6K)

>What is holding you back using that you are using ancient technology and not advancing yourself into the future of driving solely just electric?
FUCK OFF PAJEET

Thats a feature for tesla

100,000km is 62,000 miles, user.
Any car which doesn't do 62k miles without major maintenance is a lemon. $12k cars can do 62 thousand miles with nothing but oil changes. Fuck, you could even get that without oil changes, but RIP the engine's long term life. ICE vehicles regularly get to 75k miles before the first "major" work, if you count brakes as major. You could literally buy a $16k car drive it until the first brake job is needed, and trade it in for $5k FOUR TIMES before you hit what a 50 grand tesla costs. You'll get 300,000 miles without having to do anything but 10 minute oil changes every 10k miles this way, and it's one of the least cost effective ways to own a vehicle.

it doesn't even save the environment, because most electricity comes from coal and gas power

Maybe in the united states of sharts, in europe we stopped having politicians shilling coal as next gen quite some time ago.
Also a golf electric is 40k€, 20k€ lower than that meme of the model 3, in italy with the ecobonux you can go for 36k€ which makes it interesting

Op is retarded but it does, actual power plants are much more efficient in converting energy than just burning fuel inside a car engine.

Thats because only rich people buy electric golf cars.

I am using 1998 Audi a4 diesel and I have 200k miles on it plus I can easily go on 200miles trips plus this Audi costed me about 1,5k euro so just deal with the fact that diesel is superior to electric

Most of the power in the US is natural gas, which is... fairly... clean. Coal has been dying for a long time simply because it's expensive.

Attached: main.png (576x288, 25K)

The "cleanest" country in the EU still burns an absolute shitload of coal. For reference, lignite is an extra shitty version of coal.

Attached: 2018-12-20-bdew-share-power-sources-electricity-production-2017.png (950x673, 312K)

Then there's the Chad France, who went full nuclear and has the actually cleanest power in Europe with very low rates as well. Much lower than Germany, who found out Wind is expensive as all fuck.
God fucking damn do I envy this chart.

Attached: electricity-france.jpg (711x439, 36K)

Once they are 15k second hand and chargers will be everywhere, I will think about this.

Bitch my volvo has 140k kiles on it and I literally dont give a fuck. If it works, it works. When it tanks I'll think about what you faggots will be saying in 6 years. Now fuck off somewhere else.

Posted from my Windows 10

>Imagine how much money you will save
Then I'd just have to "IMAGINE" how much a Tesla costs and "IMAGINE" that it's not really a thing outside of the US. And then I'll have to look at the price, without imagining this time, to have a bit of perspective.
>no maintenance needed
Oh boy you've never driven a car, have you?
Some are better than other, mainly Japanese ones, but it's not like their cars are completely free of maintenance.
All in all - literal vaporware outside of the US.

I thought Iceland is the cleanest county in the eu?

Think all cagers should just disappear tbqh

Lithium runs out before Gasoline.
MadMax here we come.

Attached: 1235681436195.jpg (1024x661, 92K)

also I think cars with ICEs are more fun to drive, for a daily driver sure electric is w/e but if I'm lookin for a comfy mountain drive I'll stick with my ObSoLeTe tech. somethin about that old car smell and being able to feel everything the car is doing, manually shiftin gears, there's just something comfy about it user. in a world where everybody is concerned with doing things the most efficient way and always usin what's new and throwing away what's old, being able to just relax with something simple is a breath of fresh air
>no maintenance
this is a pipe dream, they both have pros/cons. also is right, tesla is trash, i'm not 100% opposed to electric cars but fuck tesla specifically

Attached: comfyfb.jpg (1024x680, 125K)

Modern car suck. They are bulky, they are packed with unreliable electronics nonsense, and they have no soul.
Let alone electric shit, that is absolute garbage meant for peak-oiled urbanite millennials.
Pic related blows anything modern out of the water.
If you go back in time they are even better.
Older is better.

Attached: 1561678862006.jpg (717x600, 72K)

Norway, Iceland and Sweden are all 90%+ renewable.

is anyone other than telsa pushing self drive tech as much as them?

not enough fast charge stations near me. I don't make super long trips every single day, but having to plot out a long road trip to the beach/family as going charger to charger rather than the quickest route is a pain in the ass.
>inb4 just plug it into the wall lol
I don't have 8+ hours to wait. I do however drive a Ford Fusion Hybrid with the baby 1.5L eco-boost 4 cylinder. I go nearly 500 miles between gas fill ups.

Iceland, maybe? But norway and sweden I very much doubt it, at least not 90%

>100,000 miles
>That's considered an achievement.
Is it the 60's again?

Yes, but this will only work in burger suburbs with squared streets.
You try that in my country and it will fail misserably, because:
>maze of narrow streets originally meant for horses and later adapted to small cars.
>temporary street blocks
>town hall might change direction of street the next year or forbid cars entirely
>road paintings almost invisible
>traffic signals hidden by trees
>bumps
All southern and eastern Europe is to some extent like this.

So do all Tesla Model S cars all have the exact same battery capacity but limited by software? Because I'm seeing as much as a $7,000 price difference just to go from the standard to the long range package.

yea, i know what you mean.

watching this:
tesla.com/content/dam/tesla-site/sx-redesign/img/model3-proto/autonomy/future-of-autopilot/Autopilot Full Self-Driving Hardware (Neighborhood Short).mp4

you can see the car stopping for a person on the side of the road when it could of easily just gone around it.
it will be super easy to fuck with them.

>no maintenance
What is the expected life of the batteries and how much do they cost to replace?

100.000km is where a lot of people sell their car to a dealership.
200.000km is where a lot of mechanics try to pick it up to see if its a steal
300.000km is where a lot of shitboxes is incapable of getting, due weaknesses of the parts.
Sure, you could keep on going, but to reach 100.000km some part of the car needs to be decent. And for Internal Combustion Engine that also means several complete oil shifts OR replace broken parts.

For Norway Gasoline is like 15kr/l, while the electricity is about 4kr/l if you apply the same measure of logic.
There also was a lot of tax excepts, meaning you paid the price for a normal premium car for a Tesla, but at the same time the Tesla is 400HP.

The biggest advantage of electric cars is that electric engines do not have gigantic deadzones on momentum. Meanwhile any shitbox needs 4-5 gears just to reach 100km/h, and barely has any form of horsepower unless its at the sweetspot of RPM.

?
Norway is mostly hydro power, which is a natural advantage to export refined aluminium and a lot of other metals.
Sweden is only flat in the south towards Danmark. But they do have more Nuclear power, while Norway only has a experimental reactor to make nuclear bomb fuel and harvest isotopes for medical use.

> kilometres are miles

Attached: 49324_50.png (194x234, 49K)

fucking braindead american nigger fatass dont post here again

>no maintance needed
kek

>a fucking tablet

I don't mind Tesla, but this is embarrassing.
At least give me some knobs to adjust the cooling fans.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

that would ruin the lines of the interior user. Besides, what are you, some sort of luddite?

My dream car is unironically the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid. It's so fucking beautiful, and after driving it, I can sleep well at night knowing I didn't contribute to fucking up our planet.

>he unironically thinks hybrid cars help the environment
fucking lol

Attached: 1564953243105.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

Nice Ai that self drives you the hood to he fucked by niggers

Buy a car? I am not in the target audience.
I would fund railways. Cars are a thing of the past and only exist bc car companies fight to the tooth and nail to stay relevant/alive. An organism fighting for it's survival by killing anything that threathens it's source of food/dollars. Damage control is brainwashing and buying networks(influencers/media/ads/silence/clickbait-articles) to influence people by making people feel that they are not american if they dont have a car. That they arent free. That people are coming for their cars so give us money.

Buying a new one. Buy 5 year old. Then it holds some of it's value.

>Imagine how much money you will save.
i'm curious, how many km/kWh?

This, the fact that tesla doesn't use vanadium flow batteries (especially with their power grids) is kinda retarded

>he fell for the Tesla has poor build quality meme
>he fell for the other electric cars are better than Tesla meme
kek

>looks cool

That car has 27 miles of plug-in electric range, which really means 20, and 10-12 if you run the AC or heat. Also plug-in hybrids are totally anemic without the ICE running. It's going to be a boring squishy and sometimes even frustrating ride on electric only.
So I hope you don't live more than 5 miles from anything (or there's charging at every destination), and I hope the terrain is all flat and traffic lights so you'll never be tempted to gun it, starting the engine for some fun horsepower.
Hybrids really are a shitty compromise.

>he unironically believes widely discredited papers published by ICE industry dinosaurs

Attached: 64322345_10217424797806389_8566503574010331136_n.jpg (960x960, 152K)

Anything done in murrica can be boiled down to "you're not a real murrishart if..."
Having a heavy duty truck managing single digit mpg just to commute/doing groceries? True murricans do it the big way, only commie use small econocar
Public transport? Public = communism which true murricans hate
Renewable energy? True murrican coal miners provides you with pure murrican energy... and so on.

>thinking the electricity and (perishable) LI-ON batteries come from thin air
>thinking electric cars don't need shit like new brake pads
>what is thermal runaway (Lithium ion batteries)
>what is trying to extinguish an EV fire

Attached: 500x500.jpg (500x500, 47K)

>Tesla build quality is poor
man i agree, of all the teslas ive seen they all look like theyre about to fall apart

anyone?

I'm a poorfag living in a 9th world country.

I'm a huge Tesla fan boy, I'll admit that without shame, but I'm also truly a car guy, and I just have to say, any modern car going 100k miles isn't that big a deal anymore, talk to me when it's been running for 10-20 years with 200k+ on the clock and then you might be on to something.

>don't need new brake pads
Well actually 90% of EV braking is done with regen braking so the engine takes the load, brakes need doing far less than on ICE cars

>what is EV fires
Hrmm, if it's such a problem why are Teslas some of the safest cars in the world? Seems like misrepresentation by a scared and obsolete industry to me. And are you trying to say petrol isn't explosive?

Attached: 64321996_1034964143365297_1198384721277485056_n.jpg (634x960, 122K)

>buying 35k car to save money
ok....

Attached: 1452100713053.gif (245x370, 987K)

>why are Teslas some of the safest cars in the world

They aren't.

They get good crash TEST ratings, but people still die in the cars -- mainly because they drive themselves into dividers and trucks.

There are multiple German and Japanese sedans that have had ZERO DEATHS in recent years. Zero people have died in the 2014 BMW 5 series, for example. Volvo is edging closer to brand-wide zero fatalities.

Walter Huang plus the two people hit by trucks in Florida just in the past year. One was a side under ride caused by ""autopilot""".

If they turned the fake self driving shit off, they'd be safer.

when i get real job i am going to search for a super clean versiom of the 2000 civic 5-speed i have now. i love these cars.

is pizzaland italy or usa ?

My 2004 Hyundai Elantra still runs decently at 220k miles. Literally the only problem I have right now is my oil temp sensor shorting because the shitty plastic completely peeled off.

Why should I drive a piece of shit when I can drive a Rolls Royce?

Take it from a guy who has had a model X and a 3.

Quality is subpar. Service is Shit

But the X is still my favorite of all cars tho.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-16/tesla-order-breakdown-signals-service-a-risk-in-bmw-s-backyard

Everyone’s working on it, and everyone’s struggling to get it to work for anything other than straight motorway/suburban routes.

>regenerative braking
>EV cars
>engine

What?

do you mean kilometers

the range is terrible in cold weather especially if you need to use the heater

No idea on the first part, but the batteries probably at least 10 grand.

I want a tesla for the instant torque that is impossible to achieve with gasoline. and there is nothing else on the market that does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds for under 60 grand without sacrificing practicality.
I also happen to live a 10 minute walk away from a supercharger so I am biased (you can use a supercharger weekly without damaging the battery on newer teslas)

Attached: 1515276405676.jpg (720x540, 58K)

Get a Quadrifoglio for 3.6sec 0-60 and better reliability.

>purchase an Italian car for reliability
>purchase an FIAT/CHRYSLER for reliability

Attached: old man brooming.jpg (1006x1116, 37K)

are those Jow Forums memes or am I rarted

Funny cuz it's true.

20Kwh for 100 Km, so 5 Km per Kwh

money's whats holding me back

you are rarted

It isn't cheaper. The payments on that car would probably be around $500 a month. I pay about 200 a month on a gently used Prius and spend less than $100 a month on gas.

my friends' ford focus 2012 claims 36mpg (15.31km/l) on highways, and has a tank size of 12.4gal (56.37l), so a top range of 15.31*56.37 = 863.02km
when fuel is cheap, it can go down to $1.24, which is when i fill it up most of the time, so it costs (1.24*56.37)/(863.02/100) = $8.10/100km
1kWh here is 0.38c, so 20kWh costs $7.60, so 6.58% cheaper. wow.

To be fair, supply chain costs for electricity are waaay lower than for any liquid fuel.
And could be even lower, if environmentalists stopped memeing

>0.38c
38c / $0.38, i mean

Any car will go 100,000 miles and more with proper care. Some don't break down as fast because they don't have many parts and aren't meant for sport. Such as a Toyota vs BMW, for example.

The problem is that Tesla is the most technologically advanced but there's other downsides to it. Sure, you don't have to worry about the regular stuff but a lot of parts of expensive, if they break, on top of having full coverage insurance and all that. Plus, it has a battery and all batteries die out with time, meaning that you have to replace it and second hand ones are expensive and fuck. Let alone a new one from Tesla.

I don't know. It's a cool car, I doubt anyone is stupid enough to say it's not amazing, but it's certainly not financially smart. I'll stay with my Prius where I don't have to do anything. Funny enough, my Prius is from 2008 and has 289,000+ miles and the battery isn't holding charge as well. Sure, it's older technology, but it's still a battery. To change it would be a few thousand and for that I can just buy another Prius or just drive this one because it works perfectly fine. Just uses a bit more gas, but I still get 35 MPG and could get more if I drove like a stereotypical Prius owner.

This. Become financially literate and try to reproduce

I love people who fall for the new car meme. Dumbasses will spend all their money to "save money" and to pretend to look successful instead of being successful.