Jokes and memes aside, the Zen 2 CPUs are really good

Jokes and memes aside, the Zen 2 CPUs are really good.
But what's up with the 5700/XT? The partner cards are straight up horrible. Silent Bios brings said cards below the og cards performance wise, and the standard bios turns them into fucking turbines and housefires.

Attached: XFX-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-THICC2-2.jpg (1200x900, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1162138434439454729
guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rog_rx_vega_64_strix_8gb_review,9.html
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/96l9da/strix_vega_fixing_the_horrendous_vrm_heat/
youtube.com/watch?v=1FaghGZSVME
techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-red-devil/32.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wtf do I need to turn up the fan rpm to clock this card higher

What are you talking about?

Attached: 1_steady-state-40dba-sapphire-vs-reference_rx-5700-xt-pulse-review.png (805x441, 24K)

use an accelero xtreme iv, at the expense of making it a 4 slot card.

>at the expense of making it a 4 slot card.
And melting VRMs

>The partner cards are straight up horrible
the devil and pulse are pretty good, what are you talking about

Op is retard

Why people still bother with Radeon cards is beyond me
just get the 2070 Super, it's the best bang for buck card right now. As good as the 1080Ti if not better, and it costs much less than the 1080Ti did at launch, at least where I live.
After this, the 7nm 3080/Ti is gonna be the card to buy. 4k 144hz is guaranteed with those, and it'll be futureproof for 1440p builds.

wayland

I know OP is a troll but anyone got Raijintek Morpheus 2?
It is considered best heatsink and supports almost every GPU.
Worth using it on vega?

>get 5700XT
>get custom cooler for it
why bother when you can just get a 2070 S?

ITT: no one knows what wattman is

XT is a housefire. 5700 is decent on paper but AMD cannot into drivers.

Already got vega cheaper than 2060 so thinking of putting Morpheus 2 on it.

I have a morpheus 2 on my Vega 64.
Great results just make sure to put the heat sinks and get airflow over the VRMs.

What do you mean good airflow over VRM?
Attaching two fans over the heatsink isn't enough?

>wh-whats up with that $400 card that can beat an $800 card in several games and equals a $550 card in average performance?
>heh heh... h-house fire.... i-i love my rtx 2070

cope nvidiot, you got scammed

Attached: 1535068129679.gif (500x263, 599K)

yes do it, those VRAM modules can take that 110'C

>want to get a 5700
>amd has poopy drivers
why are they like this? how hard is it to get this shit right?

The mere fact that it's loud and hot relatively speaking makes it an absolute failure to me as I got spoiled by my oced 1070 temps never going above 70 degrees while remaining quiet in my dusty case. Then add the retarded discrepancy in performance between games depending on API and developer which can put 5700 xt anywhere below 2060s and above 2080 which honestly is a huge fucking pain in the ass as you never know if the game that you're looking forward to will actually run well.
AND TO TOP ALL OF THIS OF here in Europe it's another infamous AMD fucking paper launch where cards are always out of stock and the limited availability makes them cost 100 euro/pounds more than MSRP.

For 5700 even I will say drivers are bad just wait if you want better value of Navi.

twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1162138434439454729

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES 110C

>silent bios muffles the card and so perfomance is hindered

oh no call me suprised

>standard bios makes them turbines and housefires

yeah lol literally not a single review showed any aib card above the literal housefire that was the refrence

My R9 290 had an interesting silent switch that made it louder.

It changed the max temperature, allowed by the firmware, which also made the cards fans hit 100% at 84C instead of 94C.

>rx 5600 xt with top of the line cooler
Vs
>garbage bin 2070s

Every review of the sapphire and red devil is stellar. I doubt the strix which has been a performance cooler for several generations is suddenly bad either.

Attached: 1536241325192.jpg (800x533, 55K)

vega strixes were a disaster though

?
guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rog_rx_vega_64_strix_8gb_review,9.html

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/96l9da/strix_vega_fixing_the_horrendous_vrm_heat/

they recycled a Nvidia cooler with imperfect coverage for their vega cards

I think he is referring to half the strix cards not having thermal pads on the vram, seriously fucking shit up

Fuck off Jensen, go back to worst China.

Are you just making stuff up?
Watch Hardware Unboxed faggot

The one youtube review I've seen on an accelero with a 5700xt was using an accelero xtreme 3, not a 4 which has the bigass backplate for cooling memory+vrm instead of dinky little heatsinks.

The Radeon software is so much better than GeForce Experience/NVIDIA Control Panel that it's not even funny. The NVCP literally has icons from Windows XP meanwhile the AMD software is this:

youtube.com/watch?v=1FaghGZSVME

Attached: img_598d72e8c805b.jpg (958x785, 70K)

>The NVCP literally has icons from Windows XP
As if this has any bearing on anything. Can I change the settings or not. That's what I want out of my control panel.

Yes yes good shill. 23 shekels have been deposited into your account.

What exactly am I shilling?

Attached: aKCAW5x.jpg (796x805, 119K)

nvcpl is much better tho
why I would I want gaymen transparency and useless shit on my fucking control panel? how is it better?

Sorry but that's a general statement not specifically tied to Nvidia. To claim a program designed to configure something is bad based on its appearance just seems asinine to me. They linked a video that highlights all kinds of advantages and what did they chose to focus on? Talk about dropping your own point on the ground.

Nshittia shills are out in full force today. In all seriousness though, how much do you get paid by them to shill their products and shitty software?

see , also down the line you can sell the 5700XT with the original cooler, get a faster card and reuse the accelero

5700XT is still at least 80 dollars cheaper even for the most expensive AIB models against the cheapest reference 2070S models selling at MSRP for 5% less performance. Linux performance and support is better and actually active, freesync monitors with LFC is still cheaper than gsync, beats the 2080 in VCE performance for video editing, relive is better than shadowplay, VSS and image sharpening actually does something as opposed to garbage developer implemented gimmick software features prior to proper hardware and software support.

I want to get a 5700XT AIB but they seem to be out of stock, with notices saying they expect restocks in fucking october

I don't want to go with jewvidia, but I might have to if I'm not just being memed on with these shortages.

Attached: sad pepe.jpg (720x762, 65K)

LOL THIS GUY IS SERIOUS

>i-i love my nvidia driver software that hasnt been updated since windows xp
LMAO

The red devil version is properly competing with a 2070 super while being cheaper. What the fuck are you reading on the internet?

my complaint is every aftermarket one has some weird fucking dimensions. the only one that is normal is the powercolor one
they either go a half inch higher than the bracket or they take up 3 slots
wtf amd

linux, freesync, no nvidia assholery, openCL
not everything is about gay men my boy

this

I have a morpheus 2. Try to get the vega version if you can because it comes with different heat syncs that are made for the vega cards. But the normal version will work fine for vega, you just can't put any heat syncs on the vrms.

the non vega edition does not come with heat syncs that fit over the vrms. If you use the included ones there will be a very small gap in between the processor and the contact.

>why are you not buying this card it is the best, believe me. Oh next years card is gonna be the card to buy it will be great

why are you such a shill?

But it actually works when you enable settings, and doesn't cause driver crashing and blue screens like AMD's shit drivers.

Who cares what it looks like, AMD's shit just doesn't work so all that GUI work they put in is fucking useless.

I put Noctua paste on my ref card and temps are great, :^)

techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-red-devil/32.html

>69c at load while OC

>Housefire

keep up with the times or get left behind

did you replace the pads with paste?

>AMD cannot into drivers
this meme is out of date, get better material

c at load while OC
is this really what they are complaining about? the aftermarket 290x i had ran at fucking 90C on idle and burned out exactly the moment the 3 year warranty ended, you're justified to call that a housefire

but 69c?????

>AMD cannot into drivers
>this meme is out of date, get better material
Not him but I've already been memed once that AMD actually got there shit together on drivers
Bought an R9 380, piece of fucking garbage, took a year just to see stability. Came from a 550 TI and the only issue I ever had with it was opengl crashes in minecraft
Legitimately the worse PC purchase I ever made that 380

> took a year just to see stability
you mean in terms of driver updates or something else?

i'm running a 580x for the better part of a year now and never experienced a driver crash so far, run it on modern games, use opencl extensively for uni, linux support is great, i would actually recommend it to people who aren't insane [spoiler]unlike the 290x[/spoiler]
>inb4 works on my machine

>you mean in terms of driver updates or something else?
Driver updates
Things did get better with newer drivers, it stopped crashing in such a way where it shut down my PC, Drivers from Oct 2016 proved to be the most stable for the most part as drivers after that caused driver crashes on boot up
Decided to try drivers from 2018 which for the most part was ok except there was graphical corruption in browsers which persisted until I switched GPUs
I'm almost willing to blame on my heart ache on Sapphire having a buggy vbios or something because it was strange to me that all the random bugs I've seen always lead to a forum or support post that mentions a user with a Sapphire R9 380
It still leaves such a bad taste in my month I'm legit afraid of getting Ryzen

it could've been that the card was fucked and should've been rma'd, seems like a pretty serious issue

also, both my radeons were MSI and i never had this kind of a problem

>stability
really know?