>one graphical environment is ugly therefore all of linux is ugly
this is your brain on windows and mac

Attached: pudoopatel.jpg (609x664, 87K)

i hear the graphics designers at linux corp got a pay cut

The computer reflects its owner.

To piss you off.

Attached: cde.jpg (1013x765, 212K)

This is unironically sexy as fuck. Almost as good as Windows 3.1 on Hot Dog

Gatekeeping to keep fagheaps like you out of it.

When the devs were making gnome they were looking at your mother.

GUIs are actually quite complex things. They require a hell of a lot of designing: the API, look and feel, written (and unwritten) rules on how they work, etc. - not to mention an eye for design, usability test, and so forth.
Now, freetards steal a LOT of shit - pretty much everything in FOSSdom is a ripoff of something else.
This is fine when it's a ripoff of a 50 year-old kernel that actually has no UI per se, or a 30 year-old command-line mail client that only six people ever used.
It's quite another with a GUI. None of them have any of the talent to required come up with a sensible one.
When you understand this, you understand their hard-ons for CLIs and TUIs. Also their demand that everything - up to and including Windows - should be open sourced. They lack the ability to rip it off just by looking at it, since there's so much going on under the surface. They just want someone else to do it.

>posts a weird theme
at least make fun of the defaults, c'mon man.

because its unix, not his genderfluid "free" cousin.

vocaroo.com/i/s0u4dzTNe6K5

Attached: Otonaninare.jpg (482x362, 38K)

is this kino? Im dl’ing this wknd to try

that looks unironically beautiful

The kernel doesn't have a UI

stop using kino incorrectly fucking retard
learn2meme

Because the people who make graphical software for Linux make it for themselves. (By programmers for programmers) The entire ecosystem is fucked in this way. Linux is primarily worked on and used by developers, as such there is very little value for the developers (or companies driving things) to focus on UI/UX.
Canonical was the best chance to fix this problem and set a new precedent due to Ubuntu's nature of being an accessible OS, instead we get a Tablet DE akin to Windows 8 and memory bloat. So at this point, it's not going to get better (and Linux desktop share won't grow either) until these problems get fixed

that's hot

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Awesome. Be a racist when you have no talking points.

>tfw every time I see a vocaroo link now I just assume its one of these

If you think that's ugly, change it to where you don't think it's ugly , have more freedom to do that.

I'm a racist now? how?

you can't make any non-whites appear in a negative light

Linux has superior both TUI and GUI to Windows. Eat shit wincuck.

because you made it look like shit? that's nowhere near vanilla