Python's growth

I've been seeing a lot of articles on how Python is set to overtake Java in the jobs market, due to its explosive growth this year in jobs postings.

But I have a theory that these jobs are not programming jobs, but data analytics or reports generation or some other menial job that happens to have "Python programming" in the description because they may use it to "automate the boring stuff".

What you think? Are non-programming jobs inflating the numbers for Python, making it look on-the-rise when it's not?

Attached: images (2).jpg (243x208, 6K)

Yes, probably. It's used a lot in database work as well.

Don't forget machine learning positions

great thumbnail fucko

Is that a real thing? I always thought it was a meme

While I do concur that data analytics/BI/ML/data science jobs is inflating the demand for Python, Java is a dying language and is today mostly used in legacy enterprise applications.

There are few startups or new projects in Java.

>What you think?
I think Python has two major factors that limit the growth.

1. Essentially it is a single-core language in the age of 64 core 124 thread systems.
2. It is not JS, meaning it can't run on one of the most popular platform - web frontend.

Sub-interpreters can probably fix the first issue, but with everything moving "into the cloud" I don't know how will Python fix the second issue.

Fkkkn seriously.
"You hear"
"You fkkkn hear"

The absolute state of Jow Forums.

Attached: 1557747447961.jpg (633x848, 202K)

it's useful for network and system admins as well

Python is easy for brainlets, has good tooling, and is widely used.
It is rarely the best tool for the job, but it can probably do the job you want.

What's this user going on about?

non-programming jobs where people are programming in python?
Just because people aren't programming computers to do whatever you define as proper programming.
If you're programming a computer to automate some task that aids you in the analysis of a data-set, you're programming.

Virtually non-existent desu

i can't see shit you fucking faggot

We expand our services with java primarily. Startups start lean so they'll probably switch to something else later down the road, like java

A programmer writes programs as their primary task.

If writing programs is not the primary task, then the position isn't for a programmer, it's for a *whatever* with an additional skills requirement.

It wont. Python will never replace java in backend or financial markets. Python will never replace .net for frameworks. Python will never touch angular frontend or even react. Most companies now are now going with .net/angular. Even interpreted languages itll never touch node. Only people who use it use it only for scripts. Its for non programmers which is why its popular

in our country php by far trumps all other programming languages, recently c# have seen lot of growth, and Java remains stable, java doesn't have much jobs but it still has them and android is kind of floating it around, but most of the jobs are still php and web related. python has little to none, probably because of 3rd world country and not having big companies which would need stuff like data analytics.

>dotnet

You're delusional, nobody is using that shit as long it's tied to the donkey of Windows. Once .NET 5 drops we'll see.

Nice. Python is the first programing language that goes mainstream and isn't retarded.

Attached: 0013200659_10.jpg (1200x900, 592K)

to be fair even python as a scripting language is better than Java.
jvm is cancer. Java's only good core idea was being cross-platform, but oracle are textbook jews

Good. Python is simple and clean.

buy buy buy!

Attached: bullmarket.jpg (210x230, 12K)

What would it take for Python to become a multi-core language? Would it have to be redesigned from the ground up with the potential of compatibility breakage with previous Python version?

Look up global interpreter lock. It's not as big an issue as some people would have you believe, and you can get around it be using alternative python implementations.

Why do people get so mad about python? Is it a perfect language? No, but no language is perfect. Python is a perfectly acceptable and capable language for many tasks, with a large amount of libraries and support and clean, readable syntax.

It's slow as piss and very easy to make mistakes in

Pure gatekeeping. It just sears their butts to realize that they wasted months of their life learning shitlangs like C++ while newbies outperform them after studying Python for just a few weeks.

JVM is literally the only good part about Java, brainlet. GraalVM has breathed new life into the ecosystem.

>tfw know C, C++, Java, node, and python, as well as a bunch of other languages
>Have used most of them in real work over my career
it's just codes bro, why be mad?

The idea of a JVM is good. The actual JVM is pretty bad.

Attached: 1560488270470.gif (500x364, 2.31M)

I work at oracle but I mostly use Python to code

>But I have a theory that these jobs are not programming jobs, but data analytics or reports generation or some other menial job that happens to have "Python programming" in the description because they may use it to "automate the boring stuff".
That is exactly correct in my experience.
If you search "python" on a job site, almost all of the jobs in my country are sys admins, data analysts, networking engneers, and other non-developer jobs.

I work for a tier 1 investment bank. Our backend is mainly python now and the bits that aren't will eventually be.

Python fags can't shut up about how "good" their language is.