Hey user... you've not played with me... for a while... maybe... maybe you want to... push my buttons again...

Hey user... you've not played with me... for a while... maybe... maybe you want to... push my buttons again? Just once for old times sake?

Attached: DCP_5560.jpg (1340x900, 141K)

Bitch, I just burned Legaia 2 Duel Saga literally 10 minutes ago, the fuck is wrong with you.

Based DVD user

I used you for that crappy CD drivers for the sound card drivers last seek, don't be rude

PS: after almost 8 days the disc is still in the tray, I'm just lazy to eject it

*crack* *pssshhh*
Oh man, the spinning discs...

gtfo fake boomer, this is the real shit

Attached: Floppy_Disk_Drives_8_5_3.jpg (1592x1062, 170K)

>2020-0.4
>still bloating your desktop with 5 inch bays
>not having a thin usb dvd writer in a drawer for when one is needed

>a whole megabyte of storage

floppies got corrupted so easy...

I tried yesterday.
Didn't work.
Removed her ATA and DC to give it a HDD.
Serves her right.

Based and nostalgia-pilled
Comfy

I just bought a bluray drive. Feel like a true boomer.

Mine had lightscribe and I only used it once because you had to use those beige ugly discs only

They are literally dying.
I have 2 retro PCs and had to swap the drivers in both in the last weeks, one wouldn't read anything anymore
Time to buy some more spares at flea markets

If you followed the instructions on the back then floppies are pretty damn stable
Most of mine still work fine, I wonder how many floppies get labeled broken because the drive itself is not working correctly.

Cheap drives wear out naturally within a few years. There are sturdy drives still being made like those by VinPower, $99 full price, but they can be found for $30 and $40, but people are cheap shits and always go for the cheap stuff.

$10 to $15 LG drives are still manufactured, but don't expect them to be working 5+ years from now.

I last used you when I ripped my last bluray to disk. Sorry little guy, you're kinda just a liability for letting dust into my second machine which i keep just in case.

Attached: 1324649030392.jpg (600x586, 66K)

I need beige IDE drives though. i wonder if SATA to PATA converters would work in old PCs with new drives

>beige IDE drives

Attached: Mmm.jpg (453x519, 42K)

Do you read BD? Do you burn M-DISCs to preserve pron for future ayyy-human-robot hybrids 10,000 years from now? Is your firmware compatible with MakeMKV?

>install peggle from CD for mom
>restart computer
>tries to boot from Peggle CD

What's this, a waffer toaster?

>HD
>DD
>SD
>720K
>1,44mb
>mac formatted vs windows formatted

yeah floppies were easy...

This is BULLSHIT. CD and DVD drives never actually gone out of relevance, due to emulation and game pirating scene. It's just that the their user base changed with years and these devices are now considered niche, but their user base is still large. For as long as disc-based video game consoles and mod chips/cracked firmwares keep being made, disc drives will stay relevant.

unironically speaking, i saved myself a thousand times with the ubuntu 12.04 dvd i burned when i was 14 in the last 2 years. thanks based dvdrw.

1.44*

I still burn dual-layer dvds i borrowed form rutracker to listen in my car.

my pc has a dvd drive but I disconnected it long ago to use the sata port for a hard drive, was too lazy to remove the drive. so Now I do both. I have a usb drive, and the internal drive i dont use.

you could have bought a usb adapter for like $10-$15. Portable disc drives are garbage.

I'd buy spare DVD drives now if I was you. Why? Cause streaming is the future. Why would any movie or music or software exec bother with the cost of disc when they can just push it out over the streaming service cheaper instead?

This also forces the user base to join the service as well. Don't think CD will die? Wrong, soon as film industry all moves to streaming watch the music industry follow. Video Gaming after that.

So your basic DVD drive can be had for $20. Once supply starts drying up watch the cost rise to. Blank media will go up as well.

Burned a PS2 game like a week ago.
and a month before that, backed up a few files to DVD
and I need to burn a new CD for the car at some point

I probably rip a music cd once a week. I like classic rock and 80's pop which you can find for like a buck at thrift stores and flea markets.

>If you followed the instructions on the back then floppies are pretty damn stable
They had instructions? I don't recall this at all

Attached: 1443725593352.gif (500x419, 177K)

I do use my DVD drive though. I like to burn CDs for my old consoles and such. And it's also more convenient to burn bootable media to a disc rather than having to wipe and waste a USB stick every time I want to boot something new.

I would've liked to upgrade to a BD burner, but even after all these years, prices are still way too high, not to mention how much BD-Rs cost. Would've been a good solution for data backup, but oh well.

I rip CDs because I don't trust downloads.

Just got back into disc burning after being totally HDD/Cloud for every 10 years. It's not that expensive. I got an LG that burns M-DISC and has MakeMKV-compatible firmware for like $45. A 50ct spindle of off-brand 25GB BD-R's can be had for under $25. They were well-reviewed and I haven't gotten a coaster yet. I'm not afraid to hoard pirated kino at much higher quality now knowing i can offload them temporarily if necessary.