Quantum Computers

Brainlet here. How do quantum computers work Jow Forums?

It's fascinating technology (that in my mind borders on magic) and I have spent untold hours on JewTube trying to have someone explain to me why this is such a revolutionary concept, but I just don't understand HOW this actually helps.

Like, I think I understand the basic principle. Today's traditional computers operate on a binary system, 0 and 1. Meaning advanced operations can be carried out by combinations of 0s and 1s.

Quantum computers on the other hand can have 0, 1 or both. Meaning you can now either go through gate A, or B or both at the same time (that being the part that seems slightly like magic).

What I don't understand is how this helps? A lot of people have give me practical examples like the wandering salesman dilemma, but no one really explains why having this "third" option (both) someone makes such a problem so much easier to solve. Can Jow Forums educate me on the matter?

Attached: 1544140166611.jpg (524x800, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvCbrFD7wdU
youtu.be/lvTqbM5Dq4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should probably take this thread to /sci/. No one on Jow Forums actually knows anything. We just shitpost about consumer electronics and pretend we know things.

they don't

True

They'll derail the post blabbering about the IQ needed to understand QM.
Relative to what they talk about, they are more retarded than Jow Forumsentoomen

/thread

Honestly this: . If it is in fact true that you've put time into the subject and tried to educate yourself on something as complicated as quantum physics probably means you know more than most of Jow Forums already. Hell you even seem to (somewhat) have the basic principles down.

I don't know much more than you do, but I THINK it's because it essentially slices the time required to carry out complex calculations down by 33% (rising recursively based on complexity) because a quantum computer can essentially provide a statistical assumption of more than one gate at a time. Line up those statistics and you'll get a probability at the right answer. Someone could probably explain the hard-science better, as my fascination is just from an outsider looking in. I have no idea how the quantum-state particles actually give any usable statistical results without being measured, but I'm assuming it's some blackbox (allowing us to the see the results but not the process).

Honestly this might actually BE magic as of the 7 billion people on the planet I don't think anyone can explain exactly how it all works.

Anyway, thinking of the 0-1 superposition won't make you understand quantum computers.
You have to learn some basics of QM first (I recommend Susskind's book if you want a quick introduction to the concepts without skipping altogether the math).
To get an idea of how quantum computers are different in practice I recommend this video
youtu.be/ZN0lhYU1f5Q

That's the same for /sci/. It's just 16 year old stemlords who are too obsessed surface level bullshit to actually have knowledge of any depth.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvCbrFD7wdU This dude knows his shit and he clears up some of the dumb shit pop-sci people say about quamtum computers.

Linus Tech Tips Quantum Gaming when?

I'll check this one out, thanks user.

I've already watched that and I agree that he's a smart guy.

I don't know if I'd quite phrase it that way but I understand what you mean and I see where you're coming from.

wait. quantum computers are not digital?

install gentoo

Quantum mechanics and general relativity are non-empirical kike physics made to distract us goyim, that's why there has been no real major breakthrough in physics for the last few decades. They forge data by creating equations that alter arbitrary empirical data into whatever they want to push their false doctrine. QM and GR/SR have no practical real world use and atomic clocks/gps don't need kikestein's relativity to work. Modern physics is a joke.

Modern physics may be THE most relevant science in existence right now. You figure that shit out you essentially give God the middle finger.

At least OP is smart enough to admit he's a brainlet, what the FUCK is your excuse you fundamentalist cunt?

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle.
This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them.
It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs.
Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Can it run Crysis?

You have poor reading comprehension, are baiting or both.

Dude "quantum" computers companies like IBM "have" can't even compute de Fibonacci sequence

/sci/ is one of the worst boards on this site.

This is only partially true

YouTube popsci videos are a better resource than /sci/

youtu.be/lvTqbM5Dq4Q

its a computer that instead of having a state of one and zero can have multiple states due to the superposition of each transitor.
So instead of 101111 itd be like 16853.

Elaborate.

>Quantum computers on the other hand can have 0, 1 or both.
No, that is completely wrong, they aren't "both" they are 0 with a certain probability and 1 with another probability.

>What I don't understand is how this helps?
Basically you can consider all possibilities simultaneously, although that is spoken very, very loosely.

As an example, consider a function which for a given number in the range of 1 to 2^n outputs either a constant value or which outputs 1 for half of the numbers from 1 to 2^n and 0 for the other half.
Imagine what you would have to do to write a computer program to check for that and how many times you would have to evaluate the function.
A Quantum computer can check this with exactly ONE evaluation of the function, by basically evaluating the function at all values simultaneously and transforming the result.

Absolutely correct.

No, that is completely wrong.

And? Who cares?
That isn't the point of these devices, doing classical computation on a QM devices is retarded.

Attached: 73453454.png (1416x1000, 1M)

>Quantum mechanics and general relativity are non-empirical kike physics
Yes, Science which was discovered by literal Nazis is Jewish LMAO.

What are the laws that govern the universe on extremely small scales if not QM?

Newtonian Mechanics and Maxwell fall completely flat, btw.

Shhh I know honey

Attached: 1561559935086.png (1000x1337, 290K)