/spg/ - Smartphone General

The most sold smartphone of 2019 edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: iphone-xr-select-2019-family.jpg (882x1058, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a_39Em5as1U
oneplus.in/7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I just get a note 9 and write this entire year of phones off completely? Seems like every phone has had some stupid shit that ruins it.

Pixel 3a.

Exynos or SD?

I have an s8 right now, that's a downgrade in a lot of ways.
SD

Do system updates ever fuck with whether or not a phone is rootable? I got a rootable phone that isn't a locked the fuck down carrier phone for the first time, on factory firmware (a Moto G7 power)

Wasn't gonna bother trying to root it until I got bored with it (I dont really need to anyway) but it's nagging for a system update now and I don't want to kill the option.

Attached: benjamin3sm-385x355.jpg (385x355, 43K)

OnePlus 7 Pro

Would any of you recommend against buying the Xiaomi mi 9t?
If so, what else would you recommend?

>Seems like every phone has had some stupid shit that ruins it.
Can you not read? No headphone jack, no expandable memory, no wireless charging. I'm going to "never settle" for less features than what I currently have.

My asshole itches real fucking bad my man

just bought an s10 plus ceramic

suck my cock xiaomi poorfag streetshitters

Truth, I think that the no wireless charging is actually the deal-breaker for me, simply because I'm paying $700 and that seems like the sort of feature that a $700 phone should have

Daily reminder that the IPhone XR screen isn’t even 1080p

For me it actually saved my S8. My usb port barely works but thanks to wireless charging there isn't any problem.

a10s was just announced but no release date. How long does it usually take? I need a cheap phone with a big battery.

What do you two mainly use your phones for?

The obvious choice for upgrading from S8 would be the S10 line. But yes, stupid shit like
1) No notification LED (3rd party apps can use the camera cutout ring to mimic the function)
2) No force feedback on the "home button"
3) Camera cutout
4) USB port is part of the motherboard. If it's fucked, you need to replace the whole motherboard - thank God for wireless charging

Livable, yes, but still not ideal. Thing is the S11 line will likely ditch the audio jack and card slot too, so we're just fucked at the moment

Wait tlll the price drops first.

How long can these optical fingerprint scanners last for before the scanner area burns into the OLED screen?

Attached: 543.jpg (2040x1360, 523K)

S10+ is a good buy actually.

>OnePus 7 Pro won't charge past 92%
I thought you guys said this was a good phone

Only that retarded shill said that.

WAIT nevermind, it finally hit 93%

Mi 9T arrived today. What apps and shit do I need? Also should I just stick with MIUI until Lineage gets support?

Is there a way to change what permissions an app uses? I have the APK for kitten cannon and it wants to access my phone and sd card

If u dont lock it and unlock every 5s for every notification like some brainwashed bitch you will be fine for years, probably battery will fail faster with wireless charging and fast charging dash charging shit or notification bar burn in.

flash xiaomi.eu rom

I am using Clover on my android 7.1. Is there a way to save images to the sd card instead of the internal?

You mean blocking the permissions? It's literally in the phone settings. You can't change what the app itself wants to use

Yawn fuck off zoomie, wireless charging is for retards too stupid to use their regular, faster chargers without breaking the port.

Guys like you will know your place in another year or two, when no phones have jacks or expandable storage. Fucking lol

I have a Galaxy S8 right now. Haven't been too pleased with it. Would like to upgrade to something with a bigger screen that keeps the headphone jack and maybe has a removable battery. As a final criteria some nicer exterior speakers would be nice as well. Are there any phones that hit those specs or is that just not something I'm gonna find on a flagship?

youtube.com/watch?v=a_39Em5as1U
it's so gorgeous in almond

Just forget it man, if you give up the jack you can get those with the OnePlus 7 Pro. Solid, sexy software, gorgeous display, genuinely top tier speakers, but no jack or removable battery.

S10/S10+ is the closest match, basically a direct upgrade from your S8

Miui bad
Pajeet rom good

It also wants access to the SD card and to be able to modify/delete files on it.

Internal storage is also called SD card on older versions. The app can't function if it can't write files on your phone

What are some phones with this aesthetic?

Attached: xperia-XZ1-Blue-product-shot-2000x2000-b08e3a68662b814a3ba8f0a7812af0ba.png (2000x2000, 1.59M)

Oh okay thanks. I cant find the option to block the permission in phone though

Asus ROG Phone 2.

>and maybe has a removable battery
Good luck with that brah.

Which Android version are you on?

>floss
>workin on his birthday
>with the smell test
>with the cat
Based as fuck, user.

9 build number 00ww_3_54H

God those phones were sexy.

Which means it should have the app permissions manager. There's a search bar in the settings page, you know

Hmm... It's just frustrating because I have a $200 pair of wired Sennheiser cans and it's fucking rediculous that a high end multimedia device doesn't have any form of analog output imo.

The kitten cannon app is so outdated that the cat spins forever on the ground and the things that launch him spawn behind him when playing. Thats too bad.

You call that work?

Just use a dongle, I have an HD 598 and it works well with it.

Only if retards like you keep buying phones without those features. Fuck off

>implying billions of people will suddenly stop buying phones with gimped features
naive retard. That will never happen. Be a dinosaur or adapt, it's entirely your call.

What's the best image/photo gallery app?
I was used to apple/xiaomi which I find both useful, but can't use this piece of shit that google made.

Why are phones so overpriced? Especially the Pixel 3a?

>no wireless charging
>no water resistance (even the shittiest phones have t his)
>fuckhuge bezels which is weird because the pixel 2 got small bezels
>OLED panel but it's extremely dim and the brightness can barely surpass HDR400, we might as well say it's a shitty TN panel
>the display glass is some chink shit and it can get scratched by anything touching it

Why is everyone praising this shit? I'm going to return mine tomorrow and I've only used it for a couple of days.

If you don't mind the size, a really pleasant upgrade is the op7 pro. I switched from the s8 and it's really an upgrade in every sense of the word. Everything about it is just better. There's retards saying the camera isn't good, but honestly it's mostly that they're dumb as fuck and just don't know how to use the correct lenses and settings for their shots. After OP pushed the update that improved the camera drivers, it's basically become my go-to when I can't lug around my whole camera bag. Taking it out tonight, weather permitting, for astrophotography because it gets some incredible pictures of the night sky. I'll post them in one of tomorrow's /spg/ threads. Well, I'll post a link to them... There's no way I could post a 48MP RAW image on 4channel.

See

I bought a mi 9t + shipping for 254€. Was it a good purchase? I'll wait the first 15 days before I put my sim card in it, unlock it and install a custom rom on it.

Xperia gallery.

Today user learned pixels are overpriced shitphones with zero redeeming features outside of the software, and that includes the camera software. Get the OnePlus 7 Pro for a truly smooth, premium feel.

Your loss, bud.

>OnePlus 7 Pro
that phone costs $250 more than it should

>No headphone jack
This is a minor annoyance for most people I guess, but my favorite headphones use USB instead of 3.5mm so it's not an issue for me.
>Expandable storage
This is only an issue if the phone doesn't already come with plenty of storage. I've noticed that the majority of people making this complaint are ones using a 64-128GB phone with a 64GB or smaller memory card. I'd rather have 256GB onboard, thanks.
>Wireless charging
This was deliberately left out because of warp charging. Why the shit would you prefer taking 3 times as long to charge your phone?

Basically this sounds like a bunch of whiney, nitpicking, autistic bullshit. 2/3 can be solved with accessories (dongle for 3.5mm, and you can add wireless charging with a $2 pad that plugs into the charging port) and the third is just plain retarded. You'd rather have less storage and swap cards than more onboard storage? You're exactly the type of person that cried over the removal of floppy drives from desktops.

If it was $250 less I would have bought one at launch

Still cheaper than Samsungs and Pixels. Stop being dirt poor lol

>Still cheaper than Samsungs and Pixels.
they're just as expensive, you fucking retard

Fuck these anons, the don't know a good thing when they see one.

No it doesn't. It costs the same as, or less than, other phones with comparable specs. If you want a cheaper phone buy some other chinkphone that hasn't gone mainstream and deal with chink warranty, lesser specs, and having to make sure that all the frequencies work in your area.

Best phone for emulation?

Attached: WAITING.jpg (880x1320, 158K)

It was cheaper at launch than the s10e, pixlel 3 and the ishit xr.

>Why the shit would you prefer taking 3 times as long to charge your phone?
I only charge my phone overnight, I have never needed to top off in the middle of a day. I'd rather save my usb port since type c is fragile as shit. Also saying it's because of warp charging is grade a bullshit. There is no reason they couldn't put in a charging coil, especially at the price that phone commands.

ROG Phone 2

Hell, price wise it competes with the entry level flagships from other brands. It's just amazing. The screen alone is worth buying it when everyone else has notches and shit

Looks like the umidigi power is only 125 right now, but also the umidigi f1 is only 160ish now too.

should i just spring the little extra for the f1 or is the power pretty okay for that price? i play gacha shit and text mostly

Attached: 1547193507529.gif (500x500, 296K)

Hey guys, how do I make google forget all my old phones?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 14.30.12.png (363x990, 97K)

Yet another trog who can't help but break his charging port. I see a lot of these type posts in spg. It's hilarious. No one in my family has broken their charging port and some of my old phones are over 6 years old with fully functional ports.

What's gacha? Google shows something too autistic for me to understand.

chink mobile games, epic7, honkai impact, etc stuff like that

>4 s8+
>2 note 8
>redmi note 7
>8 nexus 6
what the fuck, are you a pimp

Not that they "couldn't". They deliberately chose not to when it's got an already vastly superior wired charging technology. I also only charge mine overnight, since the battery lasts fucking forever, but it's nice having +50% in 20 minutes.

short for gachapon, basically means insert coin and try your luck for something

Probably ROM flashing. It'll detect as a new phone with a new ROM

Definitely go for the F1 if your gachashit of choice is in any way graphics intensive

Watch how OnePlus spins it when they inevitably put in wireless charging in the future

Besides 12gb of ram I see its not different than a OnePlus 7, does it really worths 900 EUR over 560 EUR of the OP7?

then why do it detects it as different models

Yeah the screen was what got me. Went into TMobile store with my s8 to get a new phone, was considering the s10+ but the notch was a turn off. I'd rather have bezels than a notch. Was about to leave and the sales rep was like "have to seen this?" And handed me his personal OP7 Pro and as soon as I held it in my hand, saw the screen, and browsed a couple pages, opened some apps, and found that it was blazing fast and buttery smooth despite him having it since the day it came out.

SD855+
You asked for "best" not "best for the price", otherwise get a Poco

Afaik the 12gb op7 pro is only $30 more than the 8gb model. Checkmate snsv

>faster SoC w/ better cooling
>faster screen
>more RAM
>larger battery
>3.5mm jack
Whether it's worth the price premium is for you to decide, but it's certainly different and the best around for emulation and gaymes.

How long have you been using it?

>"the notch"
>s10+
confirmed retarded cuck and pajeet wanna be

I've had mine a little over a week now. I'm still in love with it. I just can't decide whether or not to kill the warranty and root it or not. I think I'm going to wait a little while more to see if there's any nasty defects that haven't cropped up yet before I void my warranty to request the bootloader unlock code

Totally legit story,

My cousing Rajeet was in same store we saw this guys phone and we were like "wooohoo mamama mia that's blazing fast! thats a one prus one prus seven pro right?"

Then we went dont to the delhi and got very spicy food but not as spicy and crispy as the one prus one prus seven pro screen!

PM TO: Borther pls link one prus seven pro's website otherwise Rajeesh won't pay us for publicity ok?

Attached: 61YVqHdFRxL._SX569___01.jpg (569x577, 49K)

GUYS BUY ONE PLUS SEVEN HE'S BEST PHONE IN THE WHOLE INTERNET!

oneplus.in/7

-Steven, from New Jork City Los Angeles.

Sure buddy. Stay mad that someone likes something you don't like. Seethe away, chief.

S E E T H I N G

What your favorite feature of the ONE PLUS SEVEN ONE SEVEN (PURCHASE LINK HERE )

Mine is the RAM Boost
Your RAM works for you.
The OnePlus 7 intelligently adapts to your individual use with RAM Boost. The apps you use most are preloaded in the background, and are given an extra boost of RAM to speed up start-up times and make sure they are always ready for you.

Also I like much 256 GB Storage and UFS 3.0
Store more, faster, with UFS 3.0.
Store up to 256 GB of data on your OnePlus 7 and quickly move files around with new UFS 3.0 technology. Whether you’re transferring a movie to your phone, or sending holiday photos to your laptop, transferring files is quick and easy, while even the most demanding of power users don’t have to worry about running out of space.

Fuck those One Plus One Haters
#brofist #pewdiepiearmy

Why would you wanna root it