Do you miss them?

I do.

Attached: vhs.jpg (1200x813, 73K)

You don't have to remind us that you like shoving VHS tapes up your ass.

I still use them to record my PS1/PS2 game footage.

A habit from years ago. I also record some videos in DV tape.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Only for the nostalgia in and of itself. There is literally nothing about them feature-wise that I want back. Other than maybe the really thicc boxes with cool artwork on the spine. But other than that, degredation, mandatory rewind, taking forever to eject properly etc.

STOP EJECT.

STOP EJECT.

STOP EJECT.

posting aesthetic box work from my collection

first up TDK, roughtly mid 80s-late 90s

Attached: SDC11208.jpg (2048x1536, 1.2M)

BASF

Attached: SDC11215.jpg (1536x2048, 1.22M)

A E S T H E T I C

Attached: 1564998516357.jpg (639x479, 20K)

hnnng aesthetic. I meant the actual movie art though, the ones made by studios. Pic related.

Attached: THE-GODFATHER-COLLECTION-VHS-NEW-Sealed-Trilogy-THX.jpg (400x376, 29K)

my dad has that exact set. the godfather 3 part was never opened lmao

Kek based dad. I rewatched recently and it was more trash than I remembered.

What would the movie industry look like if Coppola had pioneered two parters rather than forcing a fucking trilogy on us? People were convinced Kill Bill would be a trilogy and Based Taratino insisted from the start it would be a twofer.

kinda wish I had all the 90s designed bond movies in that style. all cohesive and matching except for TWINE

Attached: SDC11210.jpg (1536x2048, 1.24M)

I admit that for nostalgia reasons they carry a certain aestethic. Technically? Nah. DVD was a welcome advance.

Attached: SDC11209.jpg (1536x2048, 1.24M)

Kino, I love the little art panels. And the chunkiness of them made those colours really pop. You can't make a slim DVD case jump out live the VHS version of You Only Live Twice.

SOUL

>Muh pic related
>All black backgrounds
>Only room for a title
>1/4 taken up by console branding
SOULLESS

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-16 image (WEBP Image, 525 × 700 pixels).png (525x700, 673K)

Attached: SDC11211.jpg (1536x2048, 1.24M)

I've seen some people praise VHS audio quality in these threads recently so that has me curious to revisit them. I can't rely on my memory for that. Otherwise no.

a good hi-fi vhs audio signal can sound great. boomers actually record audio onto the hi-fi track of the VHS and play it back to listen to

>People were convinced Kill Bill would be a trilogy and Based Taratino insisted from the start it would be a twofer.
It was meant to be a single movie, not two, but the studio has to split it in two because it would be too long for mainstream audiences.
Plus, Tarantino has talked about the possiblity of making a third one.

It would be an interesting solution for recording radio shows. VHS tapes should be much more durable than 120 minute cassettes and no need to reverse. VCR timers are probably easier to use as well.

It can be good, almost indistinguishable from digital audio if it's a good recording.

I've also noticed a handful of modern tapes I have (early 2000s) appear to be purely digital as they are crystal clear and complete absent of any distortion. I don't know if they were using digital audio near the end of VHS's life and that later high end players were equipped with a DAC.

>watching movie
>hear thud
>screen freaks out
>tape from VHS is ejected into the VHS player
No.

>his storage medium degrades greatly with time and use
can't feel bad for analogiclets and their cult-like mentality

holy autism

Outside of the PCM adapter and other professional gear I don't think there was any digital audio. Probably just the Hi-Fi audio on a good deck with a good tape.

No you don't, you miss the lack of responsibility you enjoyed as a child and have mistakenly attached that feeling to the items that you interacted with during those times. If you actually missed them, you would go back to using them and putting up with retarded shit like needing to rewind your movies every time you watch them.

Attached: SDC11218.jpg (1536x2048, 1.21M)

they're still around. You can still make VHS footage with camcorders. I know I do.

for me its the GE CG-9908, my father bought in 1988 to record us kids. its got manual focus and macro mode

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 238K)

>ww2k17
my nigga
the rest are kinda gay tho

No, not at all. There's a lot of "obsolete tech" that can be argued is actually superior in certain ways, but video tapes are not one of them.

I want to go back to a time that I never experienced.

I miss the yearning for better tech. Now we have it, but tv is dead and movies are shit.

VHS was always shit, Laserdisc is the best home video format.

Why not just use a TV tuner with AV input?

This.

Attached: 1562198925328.jpg (600x450, 46K)

>composite encoding
>laser rot
its shit

It was fine enough after hq.

Attached: iStock-517323339-770x513.jpg (770x513, 48K)

it's funny that people say they like VHS for the "big box art" but laser disk is much more collectable for this aspect.