You have 10 seconds to explain why you're not using the F Virtual Window Manager™

You have 10 seconds to explain why you're not using the F Virtual Window Managerâ„¢.

Attached: 1545068425945.png (1599x562, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/kfish/xsel/1a1c5edf0dc129055f7764c666da2dd468df6016/rant.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>you're not using the F Virtual Window Manager
that's where you're wrong

I am
t. CloverOS user

>Latest commit 22 days ago
>Conditional: add fullscreen flag
>This adds a check to see if a window is fullscreen or not.
Finally

Because I'm already using cwm

but i am user.
how is an european straight male supposed to manage his windows otherwise?

T
.R
..A
...S
....H

found the i3 archfag.

Because I use 2bwm

So many meme window managers, so little time.

hi fren

Attached: index.png (1366x768, 1.2M)

no, I use Manjaro XD

But I do, though.
Actually productive users reject the "DE/tiling wm" false dichotomy and understand floating wms are superior to both.
And FVWM is the best floating wm, with the most features.

It doesn't use wayland

kwin does tiling. you can even turn off the borders if you like. I don't know why someone would settle for text file configuration and lack of features, unless they are really short on system resources.

i'm too lazy to learn the scripting language

I'm too lazy to read the man pages, i'll get to it someday

Because I'm using the way comfier Window Makerâ„¢

Because I already use xfce and will stick with it because the latest version fixed the only gripe I had with it, as it finally has a working compositor without tearing.

because tiling is comfy

It's a pain in the ass to configure, and Window Maker exists.

FVWM lacks literally nothing functionality-wise.
I agree that text-based configuration only gets tiring after a while, and only LARPers wank over it.

wmaker is based as well, but there still some minor issues i'd want to be solved
for instance, still not being able to just toggle the window right-click menu instead of holding it is annoying
not a deal breaker, but annoying nonetheless

Because 2bwm+wmutils shits on it

What does fvwm have that openbox doesn't

For some reason, certain windows never draw on it. Otherwise it's the best Window Manager and works out of the box.

>using a freetard imitation of stevejobsware
disgusting.

Complex functions, scripting, and communication through a console or CLI socket thing.
Module that listens for window events and triggers custom actions when they occur.
Toggles for various EWMH compliance features, which can be applied on a per-window basis.

Openbox is probably fine for the average neckbeard, but it is a simplistic program that only attempts to be standards compliant while providing interaction through keybinds.

>console or CLI socket
Can it use dbus?
Can it draw vector graphics?
Borderless windows?

awesome-wm can

>dbus
No, but FVWM3 might, according to the github notes. The current mechanisms will be improved, at least.

>vector graphics
It has support for drawing SVG and pixmaps in various places, but I don't believe it can achieve the same pretty border decorations that may be seen in something like xfce

>bordless windows
Of course, lol.

>bloat
And it's always the same tripfag. Just kill yourself already.

>freetard
Only a slave would insult a man for being free.

>but it is a simplistic program that only attempts to be standards compliant
Literally no decent window manager is ICCCM-compliant in practice.
That's not a bad thing actually, as the standard is retarded: for instance, it says that windows should be able to receive ANY keystroke, without the window manager intercepting it.
The moment you set up your window manager to use at least ONE keyboard command, it's no longer having ICCCM-compliant behavior.

For the kek's: raw.githubusercontent.com/kfish/xsel/1a1c5edf0dc129055f7764c666da2dd468df6016/rant.txt

What windows don't draw on it?
Genuine question. This is the first time I hear about such an issue.

svg is a graphics icon / image format.
awesome-wm supports full vector graphics in any widget, you can program them to look however you want.

i'm not autistic lmao *dabs*

>svg is a graphics icon / image format.
Okay.

>awesome-wm
See, I'm playing with Awesome right now, and I'm immediately noticing poor usability. One great thing about FVWM is the way it behaves when resizing windows: you enter interactive resize mode, and the cursor can be freely moved to adjust any of the window's 4 borders. Awesome, like many lesser window managers, warps my cursor to a corner, locks all of the resizing to that particular corner, and forces me to continue holding a modifier key. Is it even possible to have mouse-binds on a window's border in Awesome? Awesome seems to be inferior for floating windows, and I have no interest in the dynamic tile modes.

I'm not running a featureless window manager because I am a sane woman who runs GNOME.

Because I use Windows, and therefore have a far better WM.

>do what i say or you're not free
Only the mentally handicapped would believe being this fucking ideologically blinded is freedom.
Escape that mental straitjacket you're in, and you might find people don't laugh at you as much when you use the word "free" so out of context.

Imagine talking so much and yet saying literally nothing

>featureless
>using a de which loves removing features with every version
FVWM can do more shit than gnome ever will.

>im too blind to understand
I know, user.

Blind about what, exactly? You yourself don't even know what you're talking about anyway.

See .

>for instance, still not being able to just toggle the window right-click menu instead of holding it is annoying
Oh yeah, this shit really does piss me off.
like, I don't care when I'm on a desktop, but it blows chunks on a laptop

Referring to your own retarded non-reply again isn't an argument, user.

Neither's being a stunning ignoramus. Yet you still keep speaking.

Because I've been using i3 for years

annoying to theme and it's easier to use real motif/CDE nowadays anyway

What does the F stand for?