AHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA tabfags eternally BTFO

AHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA tabfags eternally BTFO

stackoverflow.blog/2017/06/15/developers-use-spaces-make-money-use-tabs/

Attached: salary_graph-1-1400x1000.png (1400x1000, 110K)

Exactly, only sellouts use spaces. Tabs master race.

The cope

Stay
Poor
Jow Forums

Attached: 1564280264382-mu.jpg (706x1024, 285K)

>I use tabs and spaces

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 64K)

I use a tab to create 4 spaces

Welcome.

Attached: wealthy-people-on-boat.jpg (740x476, 138K)

My IDE automatically turns my tab into 4 spaces. doesn't everyone's do this
>t. paid 200k/yr to write python scripts

>4
>not 3
What is wrong with you?
3 divides way more numbers than 4. there's literally no reason to use 4.

prime numbers slow down compile speed idiot

>3 divides way more numbers than 4
Call me a brainlet but why does that matter?

What the fuck?
Do people actually press space multiple times instead of using the fucking tab button?

Pressing tab is the obvious choice for anyone who's used a keyboard before, right?

>empty space matters when compiling
No. And even if that was a thing, consider that all numbers can (and have to) be reduced to their prime factors. Your computer literally works with prime numbers all the time, and it factorizes non primes into primes. You probably read somewhere that big computers do scary stuff you couldn't understand with primes, and hence the ignorant notion that computers struggle with primes or something. But that just isn't the case.
>why does that matter?
Come on now.

hmmm

Nah, tabs aren't the same everywhere. When programming, you should set up your IDE to turn tan into actual spaces (not a distance equivalent to spaces) for better consistency and control.

>3 divides way more numbers than 4.
They both divide infinitely many numbers, but I fail to see any relevancy.

this is why you make less money than me

It's the first time I hear about it too, so you're not alone.

Pressing space 4 times for indendation sounds comparably silly to the practice of some technically illiterate people who toggle and untoggle capslock if they want to capitalize a letter of the word.

>Your computer literally works with prime numbers all the time
I highly doubt that, outside of cryptography they aren't very relevant in computing.

>Come on now.
No, explain.

> better consistency and control.
How?

Infinite isn't a number, it's the cardinality of a set. You can have two infinite sets, one being bigger than the other. Educate yourself.
>I fail to see any relevancy
You sure do.

The debate is whether "Tab key" should insert a Tab Character or spaces.
It is about the layout of the file, not the method.

Pajeet's tab is worth 4 spaces, but yours is worth 3. Your boss decides that you should all use 1 tab, but it turns out they're not the same size.

>You can have two infinite sets, one being bigger than the other.
Yes, and in this case they have the same size, because they are infinite subsets of the natural numbers, which are always bijective.

Aside from certainly there are NOT more numbers dividing 3, then there are numbers dividing 4.

>You sure do.
Yes, because there isn't any.

inoremap

Tabs aren't the same everywhere but they will be on your machine, no?

if everyone used tabs we could all have the level of indentation that we wanted without having to worry about how many spaces some retard has decided to use today.

Attached: pythonexample.png (240x207, 7K)

>there are NOT more numbers dividing 3, then there are numbers dividing 4.
Yes, there are. There are 2 numbers diving 3, and 3 numbers dividing 4. But we are not talking about which numbers are dividing them; we are talking about the numbers they divide. You clearly can't into english either. Are you from India perhaps?

Tabs use less charaters making parsing faster for interpreted languages.

Attached: 1565925320229.jpg (875x875, 119K)

>we are talking about the numbers they divide.
Yes, sorry.

They both divide infinitely many numbers and the sets of the numbers which they divide are bijective, that's in some sense "equally large", someone like you with little math knowledge find that complicated and counter intuitive but it really isn't.

Your assertion is thus bullshit and there is no relevancy to your claim anyway.

He's right though. There's a bijection from an infinite subset of naturals to an infinite subset of naturals so the cardinality is the same.

>there is no relevancy to your claim anyway
you can nest 4 levels in the same width the other guy has only 3. even this is enough to understand why 3 spaces is better than 4. also, it is well known that the lower the number, the more numbers it divides.

>it is well known that the lower the number, the more numbers it divides.
No, all numbers divide the "same amount" of numbers in the sense of cardinalities.

You know expandtab exists right?

Come on guys, why wouldn't you use the tab character? Inserting spaces is just dumb, everyone inserts a different number of spaces, some insert 8, 4, 2 and even 3 it seems. Why don't you just use the tab character? You will have consistency and your source files will be less bloated since you don't have to waste precious kilobytes in spaces...

>3 divides 6
>3 divides 9
>3 divides 12
>4 divides 8
>4 divides 12
Up to this point, 3 divides more numbers than 4. From here on, 3 divides a number every 3 numbers, and 4 divides a number every 4 numbers; sometimes they're the same number. How low IQ do you have to be to not know that 3 divides more numbers than 4? Even if they divided exactly the same amount of numbers after the 12, the 3 already divides one number more than the 4. Amazing that some people can't count to 12.

In the sense of cardinalities, they have the exact same amount.
As to each number that is divided by 3 a unique number exists which is divided by 4 and vice versa, that is the mathematical definition of "equally large".

I know this is hard to understand for someone with very limited knowledge of mathematics.

Man, I should lurk this place more, this thread got a giggle outta me.

Exactly. If you were trying to do a biyection, you would notice that at the point where the 3 and 4 divide the same guy, there are infinite numbers ahead for both, but the amounts before are finite, and they're always more (and growing) on the list of the 3. As the count grows to n, the amount of numbers the 3 has on the 4 keeps growing. The 3 has even been argued to divide infinitely more numbers than the 4. It's the Fermatt's (or whomever) thing.

>not having a macro to insert spaces with tab key
>max cash, minimum effort

Attached: IH3StEX.jpg (600x852, 108K)

No, you're wrong. Math doctor here, see We have known for a few centuries that 3 divides more numbers than 4. As a matter of fact all numbers divide more numbers than a bigger number would.

Prove it

I already told you how Fermatt did it:
>grab two sheets of paper
>make a list of all the numbers 3 divides
>make another of all that 4 divides
>pick an arbitrary point, which they both should divide
>it is an axiom that from that point on, the universe is the same for both lists
>but at the same time, the 3 has more numbers on its side
This is the part where people who can't into math come in and say that infinites are biyective. But then you have to consider that:
>by that logic, the sets of dividends greater than n for both lists would be biyective
>which leaves the 3 with a net advantage of dividends
The conclusion is that if infinites are biyective, 3 divides infinitely more numbers than 4. If infinites are not biyective, then 3 still divides more numbers than 4.

I didn't ask you to tell me how fermat did it, I asked you to provide the proof.

I accept your surrender. Don't brag about fake math understanding over the Internet ever again. Checkmate.

I thought as much, not like you were subtle about it or anything.

This is why I indent with 1 space.

why not just use tabs and setup your editor of choice so tabs are 1 space wide?

that'd break the purpose of tabs, who supposedly indent uniformly

come on, the number of spaces is just a personal preference. why not use the tab character and let the reader choose how will the tabs actually look? If everyone would use tabs the world would be a better place.