Is there any reason to go from windows 7 to 10 besides those """security""" updates?

Is there any reason to go from windows 7 to 10 besides those """security""" updates?

Attached: 353dd8543cfecd6adf13de7923759524-320-80.jpg (320x240, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reclaimthenet.org/microsoft-listening-to-skype-calls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go from windows 7 to gentoo.

there are still security updates for Windows 7

in fact, you don't need the "security and quality" packages, you can get "security only" updates from catalog.update.microsoft.com
e.g. search there for 2019-08 security only windows 7 x64

You get more spyware and bloat.

Doesn't that include telemetry

What do you mean? Windows 7 gets security updates and will be getting them until 2023.

Windows 7 was always shit. Believe it or not Windows 10 is less shit. 8.1 is still patrician's choice.

Literally takes 5 minutes to de-bloat windows 10

Only a complete retard would continue to use an unsupported OS

Just get a Mac, bro. It just werks™

>Windows 7 was always shit.
I agree.
>Believe it or not Windows 10 is less shit.
I don't believe it, because I actually use it.
>8.1 is still patrician's choice.
I kinda agree. (I've used it a bit, but not enough to vouch for it.)

If you're using windows there's no reason not to use XP.

>Windows 7 was always shit
True
>Windows 10 is less shit
False
>8.1 is still patrician's choice
False

No and upgrading to anything beyond does not make any sense. I used Windows 10 for a while and it's a pile of shit. When it'll be the time to switch I will either move to Linux or macOS.

Yes, but a brainlet like you probably wouldn't understand.

well windows 10 can pleasure you if you're a masochist

>Windows 7 was always shit
compared to literally anything that came out before it then yes
>Windows 10 is less shit
that's bullshit, i had used winshit 10 for 3 years and then moved onto 8.1 and the difference in quality is huge, 8.1 is miles better

only a complete retard would use windows 10

>If you're using windows there's no reason not to use XP.
true

Attached: untitled.png (1680x1050, 813K)

>windows 8
>good
kill yourself, unironically buggier than winme

is there any reason not to use ltsc?

None. Still use windows 7 on all my machines. No antiviruses, no bloatdates, just sp1 as god intended. They all work flawlessly with the absolute bare minimum maintenance (just a quick defrag every now and then) and one has it installed from almost a decade. Recently bought a new shitpad and the first thing I did was upgrading from 10 to 7.

It just werks

Until it fails

Security is a capitalized meme to make you buy into those bullshittery antiviruses. Just refrain your autistic impulses of clicking everything that says download and use uBlock origin and you are good to go.
Also no, muh viruses and malware cannot just bypass the router and jump at you. It's always some retard clicking at .exe he shouldn't have.

>8.1 is still patrician's choice
too bad it has shit driver support compared to both 7 and 10

>install graphics driver
>win8.1 starts blue-screening after logging in

Yes. It's a slow, sluggish and outdated OS.

>windows
>security

Attached: 1555751828567.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Same, but I stopped doing defrags as well. It's pointless if your machine is fast enough.

>new shitpad
They still make thinkpads that support Windows 7?
I remember buying a t470 at the start of last year and I thought it was of the last generation that supports windows 7, guess I might be able to upgrade after all.

Im still using windows 7. Stay mad fags.

Attached: pepe_glasses.png (527x502, 339K)

What about Skype? It doesn't work on xp anymore as login page doesn't support IE 9

Me too

Don't resist and upgrade to our latest spying tool goyim.

>If you're using windows there's no reason not to use XP.
There's plenty. Let's start with the complete lack of security.

No, only quality and rollup updates contain telemetry.

no drivers for a lot of gpus since like 2014

I recently switched to LTSC and I wish I did sooner. Not only does it feel snappier and more stable than Windows 7, but it has more telementay controls that actually work compared to Windows 7 Enterprise.
Really recommend you try things properly before believing memes online.

LTSC has less bloat and shit than Windows 7 Enterprise.

Windows 7 rarely crashes I wouldn't call it shit.

> Believe it or not Windows 10 is less shit. 8.1 is still patrician's choice

they're both dogshit.

I hope by the time that Windows 7 stops working on computers, that Windows software emulation in Linux has gotten to the point where everything works perfectly and with the same (if not better) performance as if you were running it on actual Windows, because I'd genuinely rather turn amish than install any Windows newer than 7

Tons of advancements in hyperv, haxm supported software etc
Tons of advancements in performance control
Almost a decade of advancements has made win10 a better option for bare-metal.
Better to just install a normie distro like debian/ubuntu/suse and then do PCI pass through of a gpu for gaming.
Learn linux if you want to keep up without having to deal with so called security.

You should run windows from inside of a VM that way you don't give a fuck about security updates.

Windows 10 runs faster than 7 since aero uses way more resources than the Win 10 theme

He's memeing in a VM

Windows 10 wasn't less shit when I tried it and reverted to 7.

Which is why anyone with a brain has aero disabled.

>72349314
okay, retard

which edition?

But what about when they stop the security updates in Jan 2020?

Several.
>more attractive window design and transparency effects
>square-shaped shortcuts on your start menu
>integrated personal assistant / smart-home
>better touch interface support
>better shell

>objectively a wrong opinion
>that's fucking autistic fisher price bullshit
>everyone on Jow Forums guts Win10 of spyware and bloatware like Cortana asap
>windows tablets have always been autistic but I'll at least grant you it's better than 7 here
>In what way

>>objectively a wrong opinion
no fuck you windows 10 looks better
>>that's fucking autistic fisher price bullshit
it's more functional
>>everyone on Jow Forums guts Win10 of spyware and bloatware like Cortana asap
>spyware
microsoft doesn't spy on you lol
>bloatware
windows is the leanest operating system
>Cortana
why would you delete cortana she's cute
>>windows tablets have always been autistic
if it's so autistic then why is there surface pro
>>In what way
powershell

>windows

Dude, you already have telemetry in your Windows 7. You're just too brainlet to realise it.

>Literally takes 5 minutes to de-bloat windows 10
literally doesn't
try and get windows 10 under 400MB, good luck

Attached: Win7_debloated.png (412x459, 42K)

>using skype

Why, when the cheapest shitty netbook-alike has 4GB?

that mentality will be your undoing

>microsoft doesn't spy on you
>why would you delete cortana
reclaimthenet.org/microsoft-listening-to-skype-calls/

Because if a cheap shitty netbook has 4GB of RAM and uses 300MB for the system, it can allocate 3.7GB of program memory. If the system uses 2GB, it can only allocate 2GB of memory.

How?
I mean, you freetards have your dumpster-dived bentium3s with 512MB, so you HAVE to do shit like this, otherwise you can't shitpost.
But anyone on the most basic welfare can afford 4GB RAM.

>despite it being explained about a million times on this very board
>doesn't understand that a fresh install of win10 uses about 2gb on a 4gb machine
>about 1.1gb on a 2gb machine
>and about 800mb on a 1gb machine

Attached: 1544088125846.gif (260x150, 1.45M)

>my shitposting requires 3.7gb
doubt.jpg
Though if you're using Chrome, all bets are off.

>reclaimthenet.org/microsoft-listening-to-skype-calls/
Fake news lol, I know because microsoft doesn't spy on you and cortana is cute.

>windows 10 will always eat half your RAM on an older PC
>windows 7 will always be 300MB once trimmed
How the the fuck don't you understand B is clearly better than A? For a 4GB machine, Windows 7 gives you more usable RAM For a 2GB machine, Windows 7 gives you more usable RAM. For a 1GB Machine, Windows 7 gives you more usable RAM. Are you seeing a pattern?

There's a lot of older and golden era games that run well on 3.7GB but get angry with less.

3. You will not post any of the following outside of /b/:

Troll posts

>windows 7
Dead in six months. If you're really desperate for low RAM usage, use Windows 2000.
>once trimmed
You are aware that those "trimming" techniques work pretty good on Windows 10, too?

>golden era games.. get angry with less
Impressed, since "golden era games" are almost without exception 32 bit, and therefore can't use more than 2GB.

>dead in six months
>use this other dead thing that's infinitely less compatible with modern software and hardware
Do you have brain problems?
>Windows 10 can debloat tooo!!!
You're not getting it below 800MB or so.

fag

>7-4EVA and logic wont deter me!
It's much easier when you're honest with yourself, user.

most of them have had patches to allow them to use more than 2GB of RAM, you fucking brainlet. 32 bit can address almost 4GB of RAM, hence XP generally maxing out there. But Windows only allows 32 bit executables to access 2GB, unless you set a specific flag on the file. The "patch" just sets that flag.

>3. You will not post any of the following outside of /b/:
>Troll posts

Attached: satanialaugh.gif (220x216, 39K)

>logic
>you can either continue to use a thing that currently works fine, or use broken thing, because every unsupported piece of software instantly becomes incompatible with everything forever
>l o g i c
stop fucking talking yourself up like you've got two brain cells, you fucking don't

>no understanding how the windows memory manager works
>thinking a user mode application can patch around this
On the absolute outside chance that you have any understanding of the /3GB switch, note that it only gets you to - shocker - 3GB. You're still a bit short of your 3.7GB.

Attached: 49829585_1867387566692231_6825506157868613632_n.jpg (400x201, 14K)

>im fucking poor
>sour grapes
>new bad
>old good

>>new bad
>>old good
Why do people post things that are unironically true but phrase them in such a way as to mock people for believing them? Since they're unironically true, shouldn't you be refraining from mocking them?

I don't fucking care how it works, I know Hearts of Iron won't fucking work without it. And yeah, sure, you could use a whole 700MB more for a music player or background downloads.

>claims to be logical
>becomes a meme fountain

>windows 10 is absolute shit, the worst system in existence
>yet you still HAVE to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 because windows 7 is kinda bad?
explain yourselves you Jow Forumsoofs

But it's exactly the thought process going on. Don't shoot the messenger.

>windows 10 is absolute shit, the worst system in existence
Because it doesn't work on their shitboxes. See
>sour grapes
People with a computer they didn't pull out of a dumpster five years ago don't have these problems.

>It's what I think you're thinking because I disagree with you, bro, I'm so enlightened, like, by assuming I know you I can read minds maaaan
no you nigger that's not how life works, I literally fucking outlined the logic for you and you didn't even fucking read it, kill yourself unironically

>defense mechanism
>obligatory kys
How about a flashing 9 foot neon sign saying "im outed, reeee", for our sub-60 IQ readers?

Doesn't matter how fast or high-capacity your computer is, leaner and more efficient programs that accomplish the same tasks will always run faster and take up less space than bloated programs that rely excessively on fast hardware. That's why I will always run linux instead of windows 10, because of those sweet sweet performance micro-gains on my computer that could also easily and comfortably be running windows 10 if i wanted to waste milliseconds here and there.

Does Windows 10 have any compelling new UI features?

Windows 7's taskbar being a "a dock-like program launcher that turns into tabs for that program" is the greatest innovation that Microsoft has pioneered in modern times. Apple may've invented the app dock, but Microsoft perfected it. As far as I know, Windows 10 has no compelling new features.

Attached: Windows7taskbar.png (577x31, 13K)

>that accomplish the same tasks
>linux

Attached: 1539406042523.gif (400x300, 1.36M)

Most of Windows is actually small and fast, it's just buried in tons of fat.
>there are no features other than the gui
fuck off kid

>Most of Windows is actually small and fast, it's just buried in tons of fat.
Hote, what does it smelle like

>implying there are things linux fails to do better than windows for any reason other than lack of adoption

Attached: oh yeah woo yeah.png (680x656, 262K)

pic related

Attached: steve_ballmer_blob_by_vectorfive_d1dkexb.png (600x400, 355K)

>it's sssssoooooooo superior it's just that nobody wants to use it

Attached: thunk.png (469x509, 316K)

gui is important. Windows' polished user interface has been one of the reasons why I've continued to use it. That and games. It hasn't been until recently that the Linux community has come close to Windows in terms of user interface. Budgie is a wonderful Windows 7 clone desktop environment.

>implying microsoft's unethical business practices that they used to grandfather themselves in as the de-facto desktop OS are a reflection of end user preferences and not the other way around

>it's all a conspiracy against me
Every time.

>implying microsoft didn't grandfather themselves in as the de-facto desktop OS in such a way that consumer preferences couldn't influence their position as such
Imagine being this uneducated about Microsoft's history

Nah, it's usually
>the plebians are too stupid to embrace freedom
Just as stupid tho

7=perfection
therefore, Windows 7 is perfection
PooPoo10 and Shitshow 801 users go die in a fire.
Linux is just trash, if it was good it would have caught on back in y2k.
There's a reason why everyone wants to jump off android and onto a new platform. But that fucking pajeet killed windows phone.

People who make that argument are wrong, they don't realize the real issue is that back when Windows was the only viable option, Microsoft struck a deal with all the OEMs to ensure that said OEMs pretty much had only two options, either exclusively sell Windows computers for the rest of their career or fail to profit, and what people wanted at any point after that doesn't matter one bit, Windows wound up being what they got anyway because no one could afford to make a computer without putting Windows on it.

>Linux is just trash
It's better, I can say so authoritatively because I've used both.

I was hesitant to move over but 10 LTSC has been a good experience

>Shitshow 801
Found the subhuman.

>if it was good it would have caught on back in y2k.
That would have been impossible whether it was good or not, nothing could have caught on in y2k unless it was either a version of Windows or a version of Mac.
For reason see: