/pmp/ - Portable Media Players General

Sony Edition
This thread is for the discussion of portable mp3/FLAC/OGG Vorbis players.
>inb4 phone
>inb4 streaming
Useful Guide(s)
• The General /pmp/ Guide pastebin.com/fe2LFFdV
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery web.archive.org/web/20170708033500/http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics

• Archived Threads : rbt.asia/g/search/subject/pmp/

Attached: 1565642568951.jpg (997x1199, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iflash.xyz/prepare-sdxc-exfat-for-use-with-the-ipod/
youtube.com/watch?v=7PJvJwAbKzQ&t=795s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got a new battery for my iPod 5g. I can get it to go to the restore screen but when I plug it into my computer nothing happens. I launch iTunes, nothing pops up to actually restore the iPod. It's recognized in Device Manager, I just wanna know why I'm so insanely retarded that I can't get this shit to work.

Attached: FullRetard.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

Putting the original hard drive back in boots it up fine. I don't get it guys.

nice to see my baby in the OP

Attached: Anmerkung 2019-08-16 230056.jpg (792x1309, 112K)

what is it called?

>what is it called?
NW-A45

Wish i Could buy that one but too expensive for jerking around..

Is 40 a good price for and Ipod classic?

5th gen, 30GB? That's about the going rate, yeah.

Replaced iPod video battery a year ago. Installed rockbox and the battery drops so fast from 95% to 80% in just 5 mp3 songs... why?

REMINDER FAGGOTS
5G = iPod Video

6G+ = iPod Classic

Same guy. Could it be an issue with the SD card? Maybe the iflash unit itself? I got it on Amazon, as opposed to iflash's website.

How is the SD card formatted?

This iflash.xyz/prepare-sdxc-exfat-for-use-with-the-ipod/
Also if it's an official Tarkan, it should have a serial that you can verify on their website. I got mine from ebay and it was official and I was the only person that looked up my particular serial.

I'm not sure honestly, my SD card reader isn't reading it.
I'm gonna try this once I figure out what's up with my card reader.

Checking the sticky for the Ipod 5g if I go for it and buy it used 30g at 30-35 usd I would end up spending almost $100 modding it. Is Fiio a ready to go alternative to that?

Ipods are convenient for people that still have them. I've heard good things about the M3K, check out the responses here

What about this mrobo?

Attached: 2019-08-16 19_57_50-Window.png (363x451, 81K)

What about Flang P5?

Attached: 2019-08-16 20_00_11-Window.png (309x440, 111K)

What about AIGO?

Attached: 2019-08-16 20_01_06-Window.png (457x456, 189K)

What about Yescool S5?

Attached: 2019-08-16 20_03_22-Window.png (344x454, 78K)

What about HIDIZS AP60?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.06.54 PM.jpg (880x868, 95K)

What about Aigo 108?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.14.53 PM.jpg (972x948, 120K)

What about XDUOO X10?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.17.38 PM.jpg (1028x956, 121K)

What about AIGO M6plus?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.19.21 PM.jpg (952x894, 69K)

What about ZIKU HD-X9?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.22.05 PM.jpg (1494x964, 127K)

What about Amoi C20?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.24.04 PM.jpg (762x828, 57K)

>inb4 phone
>inb4 streaming

B- But user I ....

Attached: IMG_0220.jpg (3024x4032, 1.76M)

zishanon start the damn /iemg/ general back to its 3D form

Attached: main_visual_13.jpg (1440x700, 502K)

Attached: 1565140213621.png (500x500, 207K)

Alright, broke down and bought an external card reader. The SD card itself isn't showing up. I tried a spare card I had laying around, it works fine.

I'm gonna break down and buy a FiiO M3k, this shit is too much hassle.

I managed to get my iPod video 5.5 to work but the battery seems to be shit even though I replaced it about 1 year ago so now im also thinking to get a fiio m3k, but im still searching

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 9.56.03 PM.jpg (690x896, 70K)

rockbox bad

IT WAS THE FUCKING SD CARD. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Any opinions on this one? Seems nice

I got a FiiO X3-II and Tin T3 IEMs, but I'm thinking of returning them. I love the sound quality, but feel like I'm wasting $200 on what's sounds only a little better than my phone.

Attached: 1529361926874.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

bump

What phone do you have?

>Wish i Could buy that one but too expensive for jerking around..
it's currently 170 eurobucks on amazon. ordered sonys noise cancelling iem for another 40 since the bose qc 35 ii's codec can't transfer 24bit.

Bootleg Sony DAP.

what would you recommend?

>Move out
>Need new phone
>Get J3 Prime for free when switch to MetroPCS
>Runs like shit, can barely multitask
>Buy Fiio X1 II to listen to music
>Quirks in interface, some sluggishness, and horrible bluetooth connection strength overlooked because phone bad
>Get new phone a year later, XZ1C
>Streaming music on phone infinitely easier than downloading music and putting it on device that isn't joyful to use
>Still miss the magic of using a dedicated device
feels bad

this looks nice

Is FiiO M3K good choice?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 10.04.00 AM.jpg (744x596, 49K)

2000mah, 352gb. Comfy.

Attached: img_eggsif_8988433786935180041.jpg (4000x3000, 1.87M)

Looks really cool user. How does it look from other side?

Standard thin metal back. I managed to squeeze the iflash in with the battery.

what about killing yourself?

Not when the more feature rich and barely more expensive shanling M0 exists. The M3K is aimed at Chinese students that can't bring their phones to school hence the mic. It's not really good a being a dap.
Sounds like shit but it's build well. UI is garbage too. Cheap tho.

>mic
Is that why most players have a built in mic? I never would have figured that. I've only really dealt with Philips and Sansa and the built in mics were bad, it just didn't seem practical.

What's that in the OP? Are bluetooth options common nowadays? I have those cans but haven't used the dual connection much - would it work well with being paired to that PMP and a phone?

To answer my own question, thread states it is a Sony NW-A45

not today

>I have those cans but haven't used the dual connection much - would it work well with being paired to that PMP and a phone?
dual connection works, at least it kept telling me that it connected to the sony and my wifes phone.

Could anyone recommend me a pmp with following specs?
>microSD cards for storage
>actual buttons for controlling the ui
>around 100 dollars

shanling M0

>want a portable media player
>all of them use touch screen shit or android crap
>sq barely better than a phone anyway, but with less features

I wanted to get a iPod Classic and do some dumb rockbox flash to it, but at that point, it's literally pointless. I was looking into getting CA Andromeda's, but then I realized i wouldn't benefit from using it on my phone, nor would I want to walk around with literally jewelry on my ears. A thousand dollars hanging from them. I'd get nervous as fuck.
Yeah, fuck that whole downward spiral. I want off this ride.

Attached: 13106925943.jpg (250x252, 63K)

I got the pro version not to long ago to replace my clip zip which was dying, pretty disappointed.
>buttons so sensitive that if you want to pause/play, it registers it as a double click 75% of the time
>for some ungodly reason skips the first half second of each track
>Bluetooth in either direction is completely worthless and unusable
>takes a while to load a new song if you play it from a folder different to the folder you played from last (I assume because it builds the playlist every time you change folder?)
I thought a firmware update that was available on their site might fix some of the problems, but it didn't, and even made it worse by making the backlight permanently on, meaning the battery is drained quickly and the thing gets INSANELY hot, luckily I could revert back.

It's not completely unusable, I can live with it, but for the money I paid for it you could CERTAINLY get something much better that has features that work.
Learn from my mistakes, don't pay so much money for a product from some no name company.

EPIC blogpost, where's your patreon link?

why are you faggots so allergic to touch screens?

cause they are gay, give me buttons you faggot

Was this peak dap design?

Attached: 07.jpg (500x1059, 97K)

Remember the Zune?

yes

should I get this? xDuoo NANO D3

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 4.37.27 PM.jpg (892x892, 109K)

not relevant, no physical buttons

I was gonna get one of these, but then I looked back at my dodocool and got reminded of the slow and sluggish UI and how it would never play the track I wanted, so I just got an AK100II instead.

Attached: IMG_20190818_065457-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 209K)

They're poor.

Where do you get your FLAC files anons?

rutracker

Galaxy S8

Every single fucking time.
Plese, someone add this to the OP:

REMINDER: Rockbox on the iPod DOES NOT automatically detect battery capacity. You have to input the capacity of the battery manually under Settings>General Settings>System>Battery>Battery Capacity. Else you'll get incorrect battery readings.

It's not like this general is worth shit anyways, it's very quickly turned into chink shilling and falseflagging about iPod problems (Notice how out of all the people complaining about issues with their iPods, only one of them has posted an actual picture? This, combined with the post to IP ratio being almost 2.5:1, is very suspicious to say the least.)

That doesn't even make sense. Touchscreens are as popular as they are quite literally because they make everything so cheap to manufacture.

what about

So you only don't like it because it's popular? That's even worse.

At least not being able to afford a mid - high end dap/pmp with a touchscreen is a legitimate reason.

I just picked up this Sony TCM-200DV voice recorder/cassette player for $3 at thrift. The sound quality for playback and recording is surprisingly good.

Attached: s-tcm-200dv.jpg (1600x1600, 240K)

I bring my laptop to the library every few weeks and rip everything in flac to my hard drive.

Your library has CDs of music you actually like?

Touchscreens usually poll their matrices at frequencies which are in the human hearing range. This could be a problem if the audio circuitry isn't completely shielded from the touchscreen electronics, as it may cause interference. Given how most DAPs with touchscreens are aimed at the audiophool market (meaning they're looks-focused devices), the audio circuitry in them probably isn't even shielded at all.

Yea, I find a lot of boomer rock and prog from 70s, mostly reissues. Also tons of classical

Is this a good choice? xDuoo X3II

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 6.10.57 PM.jpg (648x910, 73K)

What does the Windows key do?

extra options on now playing screen for repeat, gain, eq

youtube.com/watch?v=7PJvJwAbKzQ&t=795s