Recently went from 1440p/144hz to 1080p/240hz gysnc did i do good ? mainly did for gsync

Recently went from 1440p/144hz to 1080p/240hz gysnc did i do good ? mainly did for gsync

Attached: item_XL_32148108_115779196.jpg (482x329, 26K)

you can probably reach high FPS easier with that res drop and you probably wont notice the difference between 1080p and 1440p graphics wise but you also won't notice the difference between 144hz and 240hz

240Hz is most likely TN (unless it's the 1500R VA Samsung CRG5). If it's larger than 24" you'll get noticeable color and gamma shifts when you move your head. 1440p/144Hz is usually AUO AHVA (IPS-like) with a good balance between IPS image quality and TN speed.
I'd go with FreeSync instead of G-Sync unless you require the G-Sync-only features like ULMB.

While the difference in Hz won't be obvious the panel type will. IPS/AHVA will be more "blurry" then TN in motion, even with ULMB turned on. You can't cheat physics and it's obvious even to non-games when put side-by-side. Unless you are an e-sport player the difference is not worth the loss of image quality.

No, I don't think you did unless you're an ultra-competitive tourneyfag and actually play games which can hit 240FPS since at that's a point you're unlikely to reach in a lot of games. If you're not an ultra-competitive tourneyfag you lost image quality for extra refresh rate headroom which you will possibly never (or only very rarely) hit and even when you do hit it you may not even notice an actual difference from 144Hz.

Bad move unless you have a very specific use case for 1080p 240Hz, in which case you know what you bought the monitor for. FreeSync/GSync are very nice but they are less important at high refresh rate, I don't consider that worth the drop in image quality either. Should've gone for a 1440p 144Hz FreeSync display.

You can downscale rez and hit that on plenty of games I'd wager. My shitbox can clock 115 or so in csgo if I play 600x800

As long as you have an Intel CPU yes. Otherwise you fucked up really badly.

You can hit 240FPS in shit like CSGO, yes, but in most other games you'll be CPU bottlenecked and it won't matter how much GPU you've got or how much you lower the resolution. Older competitive FPS titles are pretty much the only games where you'll be able to always hit 240FPS, or of course just very old games in general (if their engines can handle it).

if you got the same as the op pic, put the response time to normal otherwise it has horrible ghosting, found that out the hard way and doesn't know what he's talking about

yeah it's set to normal any tips for color settings? i know it's a TN but still it could use some tweeking.

Yes I fucking do know what I'm talking about. Have a look at any CPU review running very low settings in games and see for yourself how many new games actually hit 240FPS. Any modern game that is even moderately CPU demanding won't get 240FPS average, not to mention 0.1% lows.

These monitors are only useful if you're a CSGO or similar tourneyfag and know for certain that your game will actually run at a stable 240FPS. For general-purpose gaming you won't get 240FPS, partly as I've said due to CPU bottlenecks but if you actually want to run 1080p with the best-ish quality then you'll run into GPU bottlenecks too, even with a 2080 Ti. It's a retarded choice unless you're buying such a monitor specifically for the few games which actually provide at least 240FPS average.

Dumb meme ugly tn panel with overshoot. You got memed. Who tricked you into this?

1440p/240Hz is only a year or two out (then again, so is 360Hz apparently).

*1080p 360Hz

i bought the freesync version of this monitor for rocket league. its looks awful and 240 is a meme so refund now

probably not unless the only thing you play is competitive shooters

depends on how far away u sit from the screen. I st about a metre away to minimize the EMF radiation

Currently have an old 120hz 1080 TN monitor

Will be getting a 5700 XT
What would be a good monitor to pair with this card if I wanted high refresh rates. not really fussed about viewing angles

S2719DGF?

>240Hz
Tell me all about your special eyes. I bet you follow the build of competitive players, you idiot.

it can actually make a diference for games with extremely fast objects, like planes, spacecrafts, etc

okay, retard