/pcbg/ PC Build guide

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q [Open]

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>I3 8100 - Recommended minimum gaming
>I3 9350K - Overkill gaming CPU
>Ali Express Xeon - Budget video editing
>Four cores is the maximum required for a gaming CPU

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>Meme resolution should only be considered for editing work

>Navi AIB models come this week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>Intel CPU and Radeon graphics is best for gaming

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-232726.png (2048x575, 671K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0eYigMcgpg
pcgameshardware.de/Radeon-RX-5700-Grafikkarte-274683/Specials/Kuehlerwechsel-und-Tuning-1300171/#a3
pcpartpicker.com/list/qBQxhy
youtube.com/watch?v=SQjTYbqG1CI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: why yes I am amd shill, how coud you tell.jpg (631x605, 111K)

This is the worst OP yet, nice job.

>yfw the i7 7740X is the GOAT gaming CPU

>assmad 2070 Super apologists

>no youtube bros we must shill amd harder, think of our stock

Attached: the average amd shill.png (759x449, 524K)

Somehow I'm just now finding out that Arctic has a successor to the freezer 33, the freezer 34.

Not as good as the Fuma or Ninja 5, but $40, small, and beats a lot of AIOs like the h100i for 60% cheaper.
Considerable upgrade over the already good 33.

Attached: artic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-review sound.png (556x1453, 127K)

Do you guys think the 2080 ti super leak is real?

>shilling AyyMD products
>recommending Intlel processors

I really cannot wait until mid-september replace my broken GPU for a 5700 XT, but seeing how quick the AIBs are going out of stock with no word on when they're coming back is concerning.
Right now, I can buy a reference 5700 XT with the benefit of paying no tax which will allow me use that advantage to buy an aftermarket cooler like artic/morpheus, but I'm having a hard time trusting them because of youtube.com/watch?v=S0eYigMcgpg
Someone here keeps going around saying "Oh no no no that guy's retarded get the $90 Accelero Xtreme IV it's better" but it's just him saying that.
I need actual proof, I need temps. Numbers. Going out chancing $400 on a GPU + $90 on an aftermarket cooler just seems retarded.
Any advice?

The 2080 Ti Super exists already though
It's called Titan RTX

RISE UP!

Attached: lefatmanofclickbaitsSHOCKINGHEREISWHATHAPPENED.jpg (422x328, 53K)

No because the 2080 ti super would never have 24gb of vram and would never cost more than the original 2080 ti.

>t. actual poorfag

Is VA TN or IPS better at 144hz?
I want good contrast but I dont want trialing or whatever people complain about. no fucks given about viewing angle

Even if it was real, a 6% increase in cores would make virtually no difference in performance. At most... 6%, but in reality more like 0-5% difference since the same TMUs etc.

>but I'm having a hard time trusting them because of
Why would you trust a youtuber who is THAT retarded and cringey?

The heatsinks for mosfets that the arctic cooler comes with isn't great. But you can get some good copper heatsinks and 3m thermal tape for around $12 total.
The $40 twin turbo plus that is fine.

I use the arctic accelero 7970 for my 7970. It's a 300W+ card. It was not audible cooling 300W. I used different heatsinks and 3M thermal tape, though, instead of what it came with. The 5700XT is a considerably lower power card so I'd just get the twin turbo and use the regular backplate.

buy an EVGA 2070 Super right now with zero issue

Not really.
So it would be even more worthless than the 2080 super pretty much.

Attached: 1556574086655.png (882x564, 90K)

Ips is the best now. Just got pick rel. Has better response times than the tn 1080p 144hz vg248qe i bought years ago. Going off rtings numbers

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-143935_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1440x2960, 1.09M)

Does Intel lan have anything special over Realtek?

>I dont want trialing or whatever people complain about.
ASUS TUF VG32VQ

I'm unaware of any VA which can do Freesync and anti-blur simultaneously. Or Gsync ones either, for that matter.

yes lmao. It's massively better. NIC is literally the only thing good that Intel makes anymore.

How long until we realistically see microled monitors and for less than $3000?

comments also say they had an issue that's why

>Worst OP yet
>Worst replies in threads following right after it

Attached: 1558472206559.jpg (1125x2097, 185K)

What's the average voltage required to get a 9900k to 5.0GHz on all cores/threads? Just trying to find a starting point to come down from. I.e. start at 1.35v and try to squeeze voltage down.

I would not dual layer lcd might actually be a thing before that. Just buy into affordable lcd trash for now and oled tvs for the livingroom

Reminder to not buy a 2080ti since the super version or successor is on it's way.

What do people think of the i3 9100f?
Right now its $90 USD

Not looking for "just get a r5 for $160" shitposting, but as a processor regardless of what else "should you get" is it actually a decent processor?
What could I do with it as I currently have a Radeon Rx-570 and an i5 4440

must be user error since I was close to setting record overclocks in various benchmarks with mine.

Maybe in 15 years. That's difficult tech to manufacture.
It's only feasible for 65"+ screens since it's an LED for each pixel. Doing it for a 32" monitor means they need to be half the size still on something that's already incredibly small and expensive. Do you understand the technology at all or do you literally only know the naming of it?

Don't only 40% of them do more than 4.8GHz to begin with or is that just the 9700k?
But yes, start at 1.35v and try going lower.

I haven't done much research about micro led yet so my knowledge of it is pretty limited at the moment but the tech seems promising

Too late.

I'm sorry for your loss user.

Read the OP. 9100f is money better spent

What voltage are you running to get that 5.1?

Give it to me straight Jow Forums, is ryzen only a meme?

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Yuru_Yuri_12_(1280x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[A7DD9C06].mkv_snapshot_19.19_[2015.07.04_23.43.05] (1280x720, 128K)

1.344, I can probably lower it and the OC would still be stable on non-avx workloads but I'm too lazy to right now.

Meh, Evga so I'll trade up if it comes out in 2.5 months. That's if it's worth it. I got a decent card. 1200+ to mem and 175+ to core. Total of 2195mhz on the core.

>Just got pick rel
fucking hell did this thing sell out while i didnt even know it existed? why is is unavailable everywhere?

LLC? 5.2 AT 1.275 with turbo LLC. Heard some recommend against it, built Buildzoid specifically called out that setting for that specific card (auors ultra).

I recently got a ftw3 but I don't think I will bother trading it up for the super version to be honest. I'll probably wait until the 3080 ti

Whats the point of the RX 590

Yes. Now get the fuck off of newegg so I can catch one in stock.

Is the 3900X supposed to be at 1v while in the bios?

Attached: volt.jpg (1594x896, 1.05M)

Turbo, I don't know if my chip can reach 5.2 though since it's far from a golden sample

Maybe my real question is: Would it be worth it at all in upgrading from a i5 4440 to an i3 9100f or would the difference be negligible if all i'm doing is gaming at 1080p

C states disabled also seemed to make a major difference.

yes? why would you need full voltage for a fucking bios? i bet they disable most of the cores too

>C states disabled also seemed to make a major difference.
Absolutely, (in my case, anyway) my system would crash at idle if I left any of the c state settings enabled

I just thought it was weird since any youtube video or google image I search of that bios it's always at 1.3+ there.

It's not, it's great for productivity and price-to-performance.
Anyone recommending Ryzen for a serious gaming build is either a retarded shill or a shitposter though.

>ryzens 3600s are slightly climbing in price and getting sold out
>wasnt able to catch the first wave of xt aibs
My hesitation has cost me dearly, at this rate I'll have a case, storage and a mobo, but nothing to use it with at the end of the month.
Even worse since next month I need to heavy wageslave to pay uni fees

Are there any x470 or x570 mITX boards with 2 m2 nvme slots that aren't stupid expensive? I want to convert my build to mITX and I have a 3700x. Also is the 5700xt less power hungry than Vega 64? I would like to swap it out if it's less hot and makes less noise

RX570/80 Navi equivalents when?

Yes. It's better for gaming, too.
>intel best for gaming
is just psyops FUD that ignores frametimes for MUH AVERAGES

I said for a few weeks leading up to release that availability would be worse than the 2000 series, which wasn't great. And yeah, it's been much worse, even worse than I thought. They're the best selling CPUs in 5 years by far.

>hurr U must be a shill!
>everybody who's able to apply reasonable logic to see a 2070 Super is redundant must be a profit of my sworn enemy
You're the perfect example of why brand fanboys are toxic

X570 Aorus Pro ITX is pretty reasonable value for what it comes with.

Does anyone here have a max board? how is it?

I said RISE UP!

Attached: gamers its time to RISE UP.jpg (1883x689, 269K)

>tfw preordered from BandH on 29th
>will maybe get it sometime in September

Classic WoW was supposed to be in beautiful 144hz 1440p IPS 27'

I love and hate LG now, just paper launch my shit up senpai.

Attached: 1490048106383.png (862x724, 836K)

>t. hurt feelings

Someone wants to buy my ventus 2060 for 2060 for 270 and i can buy an evga xc gamkng 2070 super for 540. Should i do it?

>Don't only 40% of them do more than 4.8GHz to begin with or is that just the 9700k?
I think that's the 9700k. Last I read something like 50% of 9900k's will do 5.0GHz at 1.3v. I'm going to start at 1.3v and work my way back from there. Maybe I got a golden chip. I've seen a few people online who got 5.0GHz as low as 1.195v, but can't get 5.1GHz unless they push 1.4v. So there's also the possibility that I have a good underclocker for heat purposes.

Damn bro i got mine on monday

>tfw all this arguing over brands and shit

I just want free fucking image sharpening and decent 1440p performance until a 5900xt exists or Nvidia gets up off their asses and makes a decent sharpening tool like AMD's. Don't give me that reshade meme or Nvidia's shitty sharpen tool, I've seen the video and side by sides for all of them and AMD's is the only good one.

When did you preorder it m8? Day 1?

I preordered it july 14th on amazon

>buying a 2070 super of any description
Just get the Red Devil 5700XT and pocket the $100 difference

>actually managed to find one review on 5700 XT + Accelero Extreme IV
>article is locked behind the most obnoxious pay wall, so much so that noscript and umatrix can't bypass it
fuck sake
pcgameshardware.de/Radeon-RX-5700-Grafikkarte-274683/Specials/Kuehlerwechsel-und-Tuning-1300171/#a3

is the example build in the OP good?
t. rarted

Definitely. Overclocked 9350K + 5700XT right now is the best gaming PC money can buy. Don't let the 2070Super apologists fool you

2070s is faster and doesnt have fucked drivers or meme board partners. Would rather keep my 2060 than buy amd

Do your own research and don't listen to @72354848

Damm. Well good luck with cleaning up your OC.

>2070s is faster
by 5%
>and doesnt have fucked drivers
Neither does the 5700XT, don't let your feelings get hit on the way out

Learn to cope faggot im not buying amd stop talking to me about it

>tfw no aib

pcpartpicker.com/list/qBQxhy
Well, after some horrible builds, I think this one is pretty solid, but it seems ill have to wait a lot for everything to be in stock, hell, ill wait until December if it means I can snag a sweet deal, im not in immediate need of a pc
Feel free to critize my shit taste in peripherals and warn me of any glaring fuck ups, thank you Jow Forums

Attached: 2222P.png (2550x803, 125K)

Thanks, I've only observed a 1 to 15 watts difference at idle with c states disabled anyway so it doesn't seem to make a major difference

>but its a new gpu and new drives, you can't expect it to be stable or good!

Attached: like always.jpg (1317x831, 209K)

>but you can't seperate me from my chosen brand!
Fanboys were a mistake

Are there any more specific release dates for the rest of the 5700xt customs?

I came here asking if i should sell my 2060 to buy a 2070 super and here you are being a fanboy cuck trying to sell me on a 5700xt. I know it exist. I dont want it. Fuck off. I never asked about it. Stop trying to sell it to me, pajeet poo nigger. I dont need to be marketed to for free by a fanboy ironically calling others fanboys

>recommending the better option regardless of brand
>hurting some "i bleed green!" faggot's feelings
I think I'll still sleep well

Nice shill talking points pajeet if you actually think about me not buying amd before bed you need to kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=SQjTYbqG1CI
oh boy here we go

>t. hurt feelings
For the same reason the GTX 1080 was a colossal redundancy when the 1070ti came out, the 2070 Super is DOA with the 5700XT
Keep projecting your brand loyalty though, it's quite entertaining

Im not buying it. Learn to cope. Dial 8 tranny

>I don't want your advice!
It ain't me who needs the lesson in cooing there hombre

Seething

You're meant to link these angry posts full of ad-hominems and projection lol

So i am looking at the 2070s evga xc gaming . Its a 2 slot 2 fan card. Its probably going to be a 80c house fire isnt it? Was trying to find info on the xc gaming model but cant find much, is it a rebranded xc from the 2080?

Cope. Replying to all my threads is obnoxious. I told you i dont want to spend my money on a 5700xt. Stop spamming the thread in an autistic shitfit

so I found 1 5700 xt AIB card that looks like it might have decent cooling. Is that it? Are all 5700 xts that don't start house fires sold out?

>posts=threads
>rational thought=cope
Lmao, keep up the loyalty and edgy angst against your sworn enemy
Don't waste your money. Red Devil 5700XT is pretty much the only thing worthwhile short of a 2080Ti. Otherwise save for the 2080Ti.

Are any of Gigabyte's 2070 Super cards worth a look? If so, which models?

Pulse got here for $10 more than MSI reference 5700xt. what do? I want it, but I also want red devil which will be only $10 more here.

Attached: 1207569888118.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Attached: wait for navi, wait for AIB, wait for bigger navi, JUST WAIT FOR AMD.jpg (734x582, 128K)

Giga is low teir. I saw on b&h that a 2070 msi super ventus for 510 was comming soon. I might just wait on that. I like my 2060 ventus that i plan to sell and that one was also msrp. Was looking at evga but its just a 2 slot and they want 40 bucks over msrp

I know, but they're one of the few brands I can find local right now since everything else is sold out. Maybe I'll just wait for restocks.

MSI evoke is very cold but it is also loud
SApphire is balanced, and silent
Powercolor red devil is top tier
Asus is bad, tuf might be fine but it's coming out on 23rd

I am considering preordering this but i have never bought from b&h

Attached: Screenshot_20190817-014745_Chrome.jpg (1432x2095, 484K)