Firefox Extension Thread

Firefox Extension Thread
Share your favorite and indispensable Firefox Extensions. I have been using Firefox since long ago so I have accumulated quite a big number of extensions that have become indispensable to me.

AutoTab Discard
AWesome RSS
Breadcrumbus
CanvasBlocker
Copy Selected Links
Decentraleyes
Fixed Zoom
Flagfox
Imagus (faster hover preview image than xchan)
MEGA
Merge Windows
Open With (with mpv)
Privacy Possum
Simple URL extender
Smart HTTPS
Tampermonkey BETA
TinyEye Reverse Image Search
Tree Style Tab (with custom UserChrome.css)
TST Colored Tabs
TST-MiddleClick
uBlock Origin
uMatrix
Undo Close Tab
URLs List
View Page Archive & Cache
Yomichan

Yes, everytime I install a new addon, I get a small but welcome dopamine shot.

Attached: rogo.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Tree style tab
uBlock
uMatrix
Decentraleyes
Privacy Badger
HTTPS Everywhere

>Behind the Overlay Revival
you may have seen sites put up something in front of the whole page on load, commonly this is a "we need you to let us spy on you, k?" thing. This gives you a button to kill overlays.
>CanvasBlocker
You've heard of this
>Cookie AutoDelete
What it sounds like, I like it because it has my two essential features: a whitelist, and the ability to clear cookies (and other storage) whenever the domain changes or the tab closes.
>Decentraleys
also well-known.
>HTTPS Everywhere
I was considering switching back to Smart HTTPS but I decided not to bother until I have to do browser maintenance anyway.
>Link Cleaner
Removes various crud from URLs, most of which is used for tracking. eg the utm_whatever crap.
>Skip Redirect
Another tracking thing, a lot of places (search engines especially) link to a unique URL for tracking purposes, and that URL redirects to the final destination. This addon kills that. (You'd expect this shit from Google, but DDG does it too)
>Smart Referer
Why any websites depend on there being a referer header at all in 2019 is unfathomable, but this kills the referer only for cross-domain navigation, so that the referer only leaks information the site you're on already knows.
>uBlock Origin, uMatrix
self-explanatory.
>User-Agent Switcher
Also pretty self-explanatory. Has the important feature: a way to regularly change the UA to something picked randomly from the list of most common ones. You can restrict it to desktop UAs, which eliminates the problem of sites that use this to decide whether to serve a real page or mobile garbage.

In ESR 52 I had a nice addon that reported on the TLS cert and ciphersuite a site negotiated. Mozilla killed the API for that in webext-land. They eventually added it back but not till well after ESR 60, I'm waiting till Debian ships ESR 68 to see if theres a replacement for this.

Attached: 1558994299769.jpg (512x512, 156K)

Multi-account containers is indispensable for me

Attached: the-headlight-of-a-tesla-inc-model-s-p100d-sedan-vehicle-is-seen-at-picture-id893128050.jpg (800x450, 50K)

HTTPS Everywhere
Neat URL
Decentraleyes
uBlock Origin
Old Reddit Redirect
YouTube Classic

>>Behind the Overlay Revival
right click
block element
ezpz

>ublock origin
>privacy possum
>cookie autodelete
>geo.enabled=false
>extensions.pocket.enabled=false
>reader.parse-on-load.enabled=false
>reader.toolbar.vertical=false
>full-screen-api.warning.delay=0
>full-screen-api.warning.timeout=0
to me, this offers the best balance of usability & privacy, without breaking sites. if you really want privacy, don't be on the internet

i ONLY USE ONE EXTENSION, UBLOCK ORIIN, WHY THE FUCK WOULD i NEED MORE?

ublock origin
vimium ff
stylus
violentmonkey

Thats all you need.

Cookie AutoDelete
Empty Cache Button
Foxy Gestures
Good Twitter
Google Search Link Fix
RESTClient
Search by Image
uBlock Origin
Violent Monkey

Just ublock and pop-up blocker for me
Always some add-on would fuck up my browser not functioning properly.

Nano adblocker (fork of ublock origin)
Https everywhere
Decdnteraleyes
Voiletmonkey with alot of scripts
>Optional
Multi Account containers
CanvasBlocker
Cookie AutoDelete
User-Agent switcher

uBlock
uMatrix
Violentmonkey

Besides the usual:
Temporary Containers
Multi-Account Containers
Gesturefy
Tree Style Tab
I recommend Site Bleacher instead of Cookie AutoDelete, it cleans more. I personally use Temporary Containers, it's even better.

None because I don't use firecucks

>Canvas Blocker
It's unnecesary as of FF68. With privacy.resist.fingerprint set to "true" It now reports the default Tor canvas and notifies the user if a website requires the canvas so he can enable it.

Also, modifying the user agent might make you easier to track, as identifying the original UA is trivial. You'd be the only user running FF68 on Linux x86, while claiming to be running on Windows 7 64 bits.

Resist fingerprinting (and Tor) modify several config stuff so the browser actually looks like its running on another OS and architechture, and even then it can be guessed as long as JS is enabled. Something similar happens with referrers.

ublock origin, vim vixen, and stylish

Since I use firefox because I'm a tranny, is it possible to make Multi Acc Containers to show a different homepage for each container?

nice try cia nigger

Attached: ext.png (2755x848, 200K)

BetterTV
Imagus
KeePassXC-Browser
NoScript
HTTPS Everywhere
uBlock Origin
Undo Close Tab
Greasemonkey
Watch2Gether

Adblock Plus
Tampermonkey
Stylish

When firefox updated their extension system the only thing I truly missed was DownThemAll!

"Simple mass downloader" is the best replacement I found.

Unless you're actually going to use the Tor browser, I'd dispute that trying to "blend in" is the best way to resist fingerprinting. It's an absolutely enormous job and even the Tor project has trouble closing all the holes. They even tell you not to resize the damned browser window. It's much more tractable to not worry about having a unique fingerprint, but to make sure it changes.

Secondly, have you met web devs? Grabbing the UA the browser reports is simple and easy from Javascript. Determining the underlying OS from TCP fingerprinting isn't something you can do there, you have to be on the web server, and then you have to link those two pieces of data up, and do this when you expect, for the vast majority of visitors, that they're going to match anyway, and all this trouble won't be telling you anything you don't already know.

Anyway good to hear that they integrated some canvas protection, it'll be nice to need one less addon. but I'm still on ESR60, Debian hasn't shipped ESR68 yet, and knowing them, they won't until 60 leaves support once and for all.

>GNOME shell integration
install GS extensions
>Imagus
hover zoom that isn't botnet, disabled on Jow Forums/nel due to using Jow Forums X's native image hover
>Reddit Enhancement Suite
makes plebbit more bearable, but the notifications on install are fucking annoying
>uBlock Origin
the best
>Unofficial Reddit Hover Text
again making plebbit more bearable, dont have to click to read the text
>Violentmonkey
userscripts, Jow Forums X and Onee-chan
>Yet Another Smooth Scrolling WE
makes scrolling better, I have it set to act like IE.

>It's unnecesary as of FF68. With privacy.resist.fingerprint set to "true" It now reports the default Tor canvas and notifies the user if a website requires the canvas so he can enable it.
So basically websites could check your canvas fingerprint to determine if you have privacy.resist.fingerprinting to true since your IP won't be a Tor exit node

The idea being that users would blend in amongst other users that use the same canvas.

nice finger print baka

Laser cat - you will laugh

>Tridactyl
It's not perfect, but it's the best Pentadactyl replacement available

can you list off every thing each of those outside the obvious popular ones

user-agent switcher
ublock
textarea cache
tampermonkey
stylus
stylish
skip redirect
save image in folder
roomy bookmark
metamask
link cleaner
lastpass
image downloader for insta
history autodelete
classic theme restorer
classic add-ons archive

Attached: 1542021163398.png (640x519, 98K)

Proprietary and thus unacceptable

Buster: Captcha Solver for Humans
Dark Reader
>Dark mode for any website.
Foxy Gestures
>Mouse gestures for Firefox
I'm not robot captcha clicker
New Tab Override
Ratings Preview for YouTube
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
>My new favorite
Search by Image
Search in Youtube
Search the current site
Text Link
>Allows URI texts written in webpages to be loaded by double clicks.
Video Blocker
>stop youtube from being a fag
View Image
>Re-implements the Google Images' "View Image" and "Search by Image" buttons.
X-notifier (for Gmailâ„¢,Hotmail,Yahoo,AOL...)
YouTube Auto Like
YouTube NonStop

And a few others not worth mentioning since they're so common. Before the addon change, I used to have really useful addons like right click and save to a direct folder. I really want that back.

Attached: 1561518657481.png (327x327, 153K)

I used Firefox to install Google Chrome
It's much faster and Firefox is for furfags

get a life you child

>chrome collects everything you do and sells it for profit
>no way to disable it
>they've gimped adblockers and will either remove it completely or gimp it even more soon
>literally can't tell a difference in speed when using ublock origin in medium mode (like you should be doing)
>less customization
Can't tell if you're being serious